Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 10:02 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Yes, His kingdom is within us, NOT out there in the world, Rbbi. So what happens within US is of concern to God, NOT what is happening out there in the world. When you focus out there in the world, you focus away from God, NOT toward Him. Life is such that we must spend some of our time focused out there in the world or our survival is in jeopardy. But our focus out there should be on what OUR impact is on others, NOT what THEY are doing wrong in God's eyes.
Amen. Nate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I think I mentioned this before, but discerning of spirits is a gift of the Spirit, which those that deny the Spirit, do not have. Peace
Disagreeing with YOU about the Spirit and where it resides is NOT denying the Spirit. It is correctly understanding the New Covenant and NOT relying on words "written in ink" and stone. We are to rely on Christ who abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love so we would NOT need anyone to teach us. When you constrain the Spirit to words "written in ink" and stone, you are NOT following the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God).
Quote:
Like it or not, much of G-d's Word is corrective, so expounding upon it, brings that corrective aspect of it into view, and has NADA to do with the person's heart NECESSARILY of a necessity being focused solely on "what THEY are doing wrong" that is doing the expounding. Peace
The "they" I referred to was what OTHERS are doing or not doing. That is NOT to be our focus because that is NOT where the kingdom of God IS. It is within us and that is where our focus should be ensuring we maintain agape love toward everyone involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 10:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Disagreeing with YOU about the Spirit and where it resides is NOT denying the Spirit. It is correctly understanding the New Covenant and NOT relying on words "written in ink" and stone. We are to rely on Christ who abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love so we would NOT need anyone to teach us. When you constrain the Spirit to words "written in ink" and stone, you are NOT following the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God).
The "they" I referred to was what OTHERS are doing or not doing. That is NOT to be our focus because that is NOT where the kingdom of God IS. It is within us and that is where our focus should be ensuring we maintain agape love toward everyone involved.

No, but if a person doesn't have it, doesn't to claim to have Him living in them, cannot say that the Lord Jesus Christ resides in their heart, then z follows x and y, and they don't have it. Testing the spirits 101. I didn't say it, the WORD says it. And discerning of spirits is a spiritual gift, which is administered by and through the HOLY GHOST BAPTISM, not a thing to do with the carnal minds of men having an "opinion".

What you do not seem to understand is that those words written in "ink and stone" CAME FROM THE SPIRIT, and you're trying to say the two are not related, much less ONE. Which means that all the corrective things in there that you don't like, IS FROM THAT SAME SPIRIT. You all seem to have this idea that His love is only love if it fits YOUR definition of love, not if it fits HIS, which is EVERYTHING HE SAYS, because His SPIRIT is LOVE, even when it doesn't salve your flesh for you.

I was aware of who the "they" was you were referring to. Peace

Old 04-07-2016, 11:03 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Quote:
No, but if a person doesn't have it, doesn't to claim to have Him living in them, cannot say that the Lord Jesus Christ resides in their heart, then z follows x and y, and they don't have it. Testing the spirits 101. I didn't say it, the WORD says it. And discerning of spirits is a spiritual gift, which is administered by and through the HOLY GHOST BAPTISM, not a thing to do with the carnal minds of men having an "opinion".
The ONLY Word of God is Jesus the Christ, period. Everything else is man-interpreted inspirations that MUST be tested against the ONLY standard of God's truth - the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). You apparently deny the New Covenant "written in our hearts" in agape love and retain the Old Covenant "written in ink" and stone. You seem to ignore the Living Christ who abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us so we would not need anyone to teach us in favor of potentially misinterpreted words "written in ink." How do you TEST the truth of anything in the Bible??? What is your standard of truth??? What are its characteristics??? Mine are clear and are described in several places - 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount.
Quote:
What you do not seem to understand is that those words written in "ink and stone" CAME FROM THE SPIRIT, and you're trying to say the two are not related, much less ONE. Which means that all the corrective things in there that you don't like, IS FROM THAT SAME SPIRIT. You all seem to have this idea that His love is only love if it fits YOUR definition of love, not if it fits HIS, which is EVERYTHING HE SAYS, because His SPIRIT is LOVE, even when it doesn't salve your flesh for you.
If it contradicts the Spirit of agape love that Jesus revealed as the TRUE NATURE of God, It cannot be from God or Jesus, period. Jesus demonstrated agape love unambiguously by His life and especially His death. He smote no one despite horrendous scourging and crucifixion. He loved even His torturers and murderers because they knew not what they did. It is beyond me how you can square the God revealed by Christ with a wrathful, vengeful God who required blood sacrifices to appease Him.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:

I was aware of who the "they" was you were referring to. Peace
If you ask them for a Spiritual teaching which is not already found in the Bible, they won't be able to deliver. The reason they say what they say is the fact that they want to have the authority to overrule the word of God, and the abortion example is a perfect example. They judge that it is sinful to save a baby because it 'imposes' something against the mother who wants to murder the baby. Using that view it is righteous to allow the mother to murder a baby.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:24 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you ask them for a Spiritual teaching which is not already found in the Bible, they won't be able to deliver. The reason they say what they say is the fact that they want to have the authority to overrule the word of God, and the abortion example is a perfect example. They judge that it is sinful to save a baby because it 'imposes' something against the mother who wants to murder the baby. Using that view it is righteous to allow the mother to murder a baby.
You are fascinating for sure. You have asked for as "spiritual teaching" that is not in the Bible and, when given one (slavery is wrong in itself) as an example of something that is not taught in the Bible, when pressed, you fall back on the idea that the PRINCIPLE of doing unto others covers it. Goalposts shifted to EXACTLY what we have been trying to say: that the Principle of Agape is to be our guide, and it will cover APPLICATIONS that are not taught in the Bible, and even contradict interpretations of the Bible that have been held for millenia. The abortion example is not the perfect example because it is a recent stand by fundamentalists backed up against the wall because there is no real scriptural basis for their stand made because they object to people having sex and escaping the consequences (at least some of them). Agian, you misstate our position: it may be sinful for me to have an abortion, but it is not my business to impose my faith based perception on others, it is my job to convince them and to help them however I can to make a good decision. You talk out of both sides of your mouth on this one claiming that it isn't about forcing your views on others, but then wanting your perceptions to be the basis for laws....which is it?

Rbbi1 I have pointed out that group discernment is in no way a contradiction of the spiritual gift that many of us have in some degree. I think it was the second post that addressed this issue. I am aware that you don't pay any attention to views you don't hold, but they HAVE been expressed.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
The ONLY Word of God is Jesus the Christ, period. Everything else is man-interpreted inspirations that MUST be tested against the ONLY standard of God's truth - the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). You apparently deny the New Covenant "written in our hearts" in agape love and retain the Old Covenant "written in ink" and stone. You seem to ignore the Living Christ who abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us so we would not need anyone to teach us in favor of potentially misinterpreted words "written in ink." How do you TEST the truth of anything in the Bible??? What is your standard of truth??? What are its characteristics??? Mine are clear and are described in several places - 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5 and the Sermon on the Mount.If it contradicts the Spirit of agape love that Jesus revealed as the TRUE NATURE of God, It cannot be from God or Jesus, period. Jesus demonstrated agape love unambiguously by His life and especially His death. He smote no one despite horrendous scourging and crucifixion. He loved even His torturers and murderers because they knew not what they did. It is beyond me how you can square the God revealed by Christ with a wrathful, vengeful God who required blood sacrifices to appease Him.

No it's not. I don't serve a weak G-d who couldn't make sure His Word was not MAJORLY tampered with. The Torah is letter perfect, and you're forgetting it was THIS WORD that He grew by. And His hiding principles in every book made sure the rest could not be compromised so much as to cause major damage. Then with the addition of the tabernacle pattern, also not tampered with, and the creation, whose principles are inherent, and you have an excellent pattern and mirror. I have explained repeatedly how the WORD says we are to test the spirits, and it is NOT as you all keep proclaiming.

Further, you keep ignoring the fact that He prophesied to them that the temple was going to be destroyed, not one stone left upon another. One million people lost their lives it's estimated. Ask the people of 70AD if they think that G-d's Spirit is the kind of love they can wrap their finite minds around.
Peace

Old 04-08-2016, 04:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Does the Bible speak against slavery?

“Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death”

Old 04-08-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Rbbi1 I have pointed out that group discernment is in no way a contradiction of the spiritual gift that many of us have in some degree. I think it was the second post that addressed this issue. I am aware that you don't pay any attention to views you don't hold, but they HAVE been expressed.

No, my hearing ears given me by the Spirit are always listening for anything from anyone that LINES UP WITH THE PATTERN. I have no respect of persons, I don't care who HIS TRUTH comes through. I also don't care if it's something I don't see in His Word already that He hasn't taught me, I will JOYFULLY embrace it, but it MUST line up with the foundation that has already been laid. If not, just like laying courses of stone, if one is off, it will throw the whole course off. So thank you, but no, man-made stones are an abomination, I prefer the ones made without hands. Peace

Old 04-08-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Does the Bible speak against slavery?

“Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death”
Do you REALLY want to go around this circle again? The Bible in NO way condemns slavery in itself. It does address SOME of the abuses of slavery.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
No, my hearing ears given me by the Spirit are always listening for anything from anyone that LINES UP WITH THE PATTERN. I have no respect of persons, I don't care who HIS TRUTH comes through. I also don't care if it's something I don't see in His Word already that He hasn't taught me, I will JOYFULLY embrace it, but it MUST line up with the foundation that has already been laid. If not, just like laying courses of stone, if one is off, it will throw the whole course off. So thank you, but no, man-made stones are an abomination, I prefer the ones made without hands. Peace
Thank you for acknowledging that you pay no attention to things that don't fit your doctrines, but the point is that you make statements according to your doctrines and, when the statemennts are answered you repeat them inana=ely as if they had not been. it is tiring to the readers as well as stupid to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity