Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2016, 01:35 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
please share any current data to support this theory...
OH just look at a lot of church goers, you know the ones who many see that they have no idea what it means to know Jesus. Remember speaking of those who know him, he said he did not know the majority of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 01:37 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
God does not interfere with mortal free will unless it interferes with his will. It wouldn't be free will otherwise. Mankind has brought the pain and suffering upon themselves by living for the flesh.
One must understand what occurred in Eden.
Those problems are all a result of Adam's choice and his descendants inherit at various levels the imperfection he brought into our genes. Just as drug using parents impart problems to their children. It isn't God it is ... man that has brought about all these problems.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:02 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
OH just look at a lot of church goers, you know the ones who many see that they have no idea what it means to know Jesus. Remember speaking of those who know him, he said he did not know the majority of them.
I see them every week at the Kingdom Halls...

Old 09-16-2016, 10:49 PM

1,050 posts, read 505,425 times
Quote:
Lived it, watched it....for over 20 years....

I am shocked at your blindness to insist on saying "suffering," as if it is a given and all suffer.
I specifically said "some" suffer, but even if one disease causes suffering, -and several of them do, -I'm shocked at your callous disregard considering your claim of being a "believer".

Quote:
If you want to hate on god, you are more than welcomed, god knows how often I have called God out for obvious stupidity, but stop exploiting the children as justification for your hate of god..
Now you attack the poster instead of the issue. Don't tell me what I "hate". It's not about hate. It's about blind, idiotic people who cannot see the obvious.

Quote:
Since I am not perfect (sounds like you are) it is apparent god does not create perfection all too often--with you being the exception--so there are few perfect children created.
There has been absolutely nothing I have said that would suggest your personal attack here is justified. It's simply a case of you having no good, consistent answer and you know there is none but cannot bear to admit the obvious truth here, which is that there is no "god" creating anything and your entire belief system is on very shaky ground, but you lack the strength to face it. --so you attack. There is no other reason or logic for your attacks.

Quote:
Some might consider red hair something to suffer with, freckles can cause suffering, as can being too short (what does too mean?) and too tall.

Some consider complexion as causing suffering...
Your callousness continues. I can't believe you would compare the suffering of a baby that is so sensitive to touch that the mother cannot touch it due to the pain it causes, with freckles and complexion!! And you call yourself a Christian? You have proven yourself unworthy of the title since you don't even try.

Quote:
GOD HAS ALLOWED ME TO LIVE ANOTHER DAY AND GO INTO THIS NASTY UGLY WORLD AND DO SOMETHING TO MAKE IT A BETTER PLACE...
That's a sick joke considering what you have said thus far. You have shown what you are and it's not someone deserving of the claim of making the world a better place! Tooting your own horn is one thing, but that is a false horn that can't toot.

Old 09-16-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Me..yes..

the child..yes..

with down syndrome--probably not...

Genetics does not mean caused by god.
Then who caused Down's Syndrome? Who created genetics? Is there another creator?

Old 09-16-2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
God does not interfere with mortal free will unless it interferes with his will. It wouldn't be free will otherwise. Mankind has brought the pain and suffering upon themselves by living for the flesh.
One must understand what occurred in Eden.
Are you saying a newborn exercised his own "free will" to contract genetic dysfunction, or are you saying that newborn brought the pain and suffering upon himself? Or is your whole comment irrelevant and poorly thought out?

Old 09-16-2016, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Those problems are all a result of Adam's choice and his descendants inherit at various levels the imperfection he brought into our genes. Just as drug using parents impart problems to their children. It isn't God it is ... man that has brought about all these problems.
What a crock. How did the parent's bring about Down's Syndrome?

You guys will just invent any nonsensical fantasy to give god the escape. Unbelievable. You can't face it, can you?

Old 09-16-2016, 11:01 PM

709 posts, read 377,819 times
Quote:
Was this video some kind of bad joke? I really hope that you peoples do not involve that kind of faith practice. This world is so lost, I hope that some of you can see this.

Separate from all kind of media of today, also so called christian programs. Just stick in to the lessons of the Bible.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:03 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
Are you saying a newborn exercised his own "free will" to contract genetic dysfunction, or are you saying that newborn brought the pain and suffering upon himself? Or is your whole comment irrelevant and poorly thought out?

Incest--drug abuse- alcohol abuse-- genes all play apart. Poisions in our land, water, air and food as well. Someones misuse of free will causes many problems for others.

Old 09-17-2016, 04:35 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,137 times
yes, i don't think God is responsible for the rise in autism or cancer, for instance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity