Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 07:09 PM

1,050 posts, read 505,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Really, meds are available for that anger...

And tone the red down...some people here get rather frustrated when others use red...
Anger? I'm not angry. I was just trying to help you hear what I said by making it obvious.

And others get angry? Why do you try to make me responsible for how someone else perceives and feels? But maybe that's just a deeply ingrained habit from trying to make others believe in your god and your particular beliefs about it. "Evangelism". "The new commission". Ya know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 07:38 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
Ok, let's try this....

AND SO GOD CREATED OUR EXISTENCE SUCH THAT INNOCENT NEWBORNS ARE SOMETIMES TRAGICALLY AFFECTED BY SUCH THINGS.

GOT IT NOW?

I think you do but don't want to say it - "yes, you are correct"
Only mods can use red. Be forewarned.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:21 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,154,471 times
And in a related story:

Christian Groups: Biblical Armageddon Must Be Taught Alongside Global Warming - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 09-20-2016, 04:10 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Anger? I'm not angry. I was just trying to help you hear what I said by making it obvious.

And others get angry? Why do you try to make me responsible for how someone else perceives and feels? But maybe that's just a deeply ingrained habit from trying to make others believe in your god and your particular beliefs about it. "Evangelism". "The new commission". Ya know?
The God I know is not worried about being accepted by others. I have never "sold" the idea of the Go I know as being the only answer.

You really really really need a chill and reflect on this hate you have for the unknown...

I hear what you say..and I respond that God dopes NOT inflict suffering and agony--ONLY MAN DOES..

Old 09-20-2016, 04:31 AM

1,382 posts, read 767,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The God I know is not worried about being accepted by others. I have never "sold" the idea of the Go I know as being the only answer.

You really really really need a chill and reflect on this hate you have for the unknown...

I hear what you say..and I respond that God dopes NOT inflict suffering and agony--ONLY MAN DOES..

Dear z,
Have you ever actually read the bible? Revelation 14:11,"And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Hosea 5:14,"For I will be like a lion to the house of Judah. I, even I, will tear to pieces and go away".

Old 09-20-2016, 05:42 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear z,
Have you ever actually read the bible? Revelation 14:11,"And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Hosea 5:14,"For I will be like a lion to the house of Judah. I, even I, will tear to pieces and go away".
Dear 2ndPillar zealot,

Not sure what thread it is but I shared my experience about reading the biblical myths...

Between 1982 and 1992 I read cover to cover somewhere between 8--12 times a YEAR...

HOSEA 5:14 is the god created by men...it is NOT the God I know...

Micah 6:8 is the GOD I KNOW----the GOD I know does not FEAR, is not JEALOUS nor does the GOD I know THREATEN to "tear to pieces" those who do not bow down a kiss the ground (aka arse) of some vengeful entity..

So my question is--HAVE YOU EVER LISTENED TO THE WORDS OF CHRIST?

THE EIGHT BEATITUDES OF JESUS

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Gospel of St. Matthew 5:3-10

Old 09-20-2016, 02:34 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times
Quote:
And you've never noticed and thought about its contradictions. LOL!! Keep your head in the sand.

The bible is in harmony--there are some errors in trinity translations, but I read the bible that corrected those errors-The New world translation. Men mistranslating causes contradiction.

Old 09-20-2016, 03:19 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The bible is in harmony--there are some errors in trinity translations, but I read the bible that corrected those errors-The New world translation. Men mistranslating causes contradiction.
Nonsense. The Bible is riddled with contradictions and inconsistencies. The refusal to apply God's standard of truth - the Holy Spirit of agape love (Who IS God)- to everything in the Bible is what produces the confusions and corruptions of Christ's Gospel in the anti-Christ apostate majority in these latter days as prophesied.

Old 09-20-2016, 04:03 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,154,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The refusal to apply God's standard of truth - the Holy Spirit of agape love (Who IS God)- to everything in the Bible is what produces the confusions and corruptions of Christ's Gospel in the anti-Christ apostate majority in these latter days as prophesied.
You mean your standard of truth.

Don't confuse your own ego with God. I know it's often hard for self-appointed religious leaders to make that distinction.

Old 09-20-2016, 04:11 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nonsense. The Bible is riddled with contradictions and inconsistencies. The refusal to apply God's standard of truth - the Holy Spirit of agape love (Who IS God)- to everything in the Bible is what produces the confusions and corruptions of Christ's Gospel in the anti-Christ apostate majority in these latter days as prophesied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You mean your standard of truth.
Don't confuse your own ego with God. I know it's often hard for self-appointed religious leaders to make that distinction.
No, Freak, it is NOT my standard. It is Christ's unambiguous standard demonstrated under the most egregious circumstances - "No Greater love . . ." God IS agape love so anything that is NOT compatible with the Holy Spirit of agape love is NOT from God or Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity