Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 05:17 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,387,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear z,
Have you ever actually read the bible? Revelation 14:11,"And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."

Hosea 5:14,"For I will be like a lion to the house of Judah. I, even I, will tear to pieces and go away".
It is symbolic, the smoke does not come from physical torment, rather it is a reference to the fires that were used to destroy anything dumped in the valley of Hinnom (Gehenna), the garbage dump of Jerusalem. It represented being unworthy of a resurrection. They never come back to life again, permanently gone like anything burned up in a fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 06:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
THE END IS NIGH all right: For fundamentalist beliefs.

The history of humans on the planet has shown that the primitive and barbaric are left in the dustbin of history, along with all the other evolutionary dead-ends.

I've said it before and I'll continue to say/sing it: The impotent whining and bellowing we hear from the religious "right" over society's acceptance of the equality of the LGBTQ is, in fact, their funeral dirge.

They are a spent force - culturally, spiritually, and it will soon be proven, politically.

I celebrate their passing.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:28 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
THE END IS NIGH all right: For fundamentalist beliefs.

The history of humans on the planet has shown that the primitive and barbaric are left in the dustbin of history, along with all the other evolutionary dead-ends.

I've said it before and I'll continue to say/sing it: The impotent whining and bellowing we hear from the religious "right" over society's acceptance of the equality of the LGBTQ is, in fact, their funeral dirge.

They are a spent force - culturally, spiritually, and it will soon be proven, politically.

I celebrate their passing.
I hope you are right. Nothing is guaranteed.

If we don't find a substitute for fossil fuels to power our modern existence, 1000 years from now will look a lot like 1000 years ago. Complete with fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims killing each other on a grand scale in the name of their respective gods.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I hope you are right. Nothing is guaranteed.

If we don't find a substitute for fossil fuels to power our modern existence, 1000 years from now will look a lot like 1000 years ago. Complete with fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims killing each other on a grand scale in the name of their respective gods.
Oh it'll be solar and/or anti-gravity/magnetic/something renewable. Our children or their children will come up with a fix. We humans are nothing if not adaptable. We'll find a way to make things work and begin to repair some of our damage to the planet.

I predict our future is going to be much more Star Trek than Revelation/Armageddon.

Ignorance is dying and will soon be dead.

Forward thinkers are coming.

Thus prophesied TroutDude on this, the 20th day of the 9th month, of the year 2016 in the common reckoning.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:20 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:
Oh it'll be solar and/or anti-gravity/magnetic/something renewable. Our children or their children will come up with a fix. We humans are nothing if not adaptable. We'll find a way to make things work and begin to repair some of our damage to the planet.

I predict our future is going to be much more Star Trek than Revelation/Armageddon.

Thus prophesied TroutDude on this, the 20th day of the 9th month, of the year 2016 in the common reckoning.

I hope you are right!

Old 09-21-2016, 12:53 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:

I wonder what with this resurgence caused by the ignoramus ring leader of the elephant clan. Ignorance looks like it is alive and thriving in Amerikkka

Old 09-21-2016, 12:59 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,017 times
ya, i read the same complaint in Psalms; doubt much has changed since then lol

Old 09-21-2016, 02:30 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nonsense. The Bible is riddled with contradictions and inconsistencies. The refusal to apply God's standard of truth - the Holy Spirit of agape love (Who IS God)- to everything in the Bible is what produces the confusions and corruptions of Christ's Gospel in the anti-Christ apostate majority in these latter days as prophesied.

Only trinity translations contain errors that contradict what Jesus taught.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:34 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,017 times
i dunno--how can one both

don't work for food

and also

provide for your family

?

Old 09-22-2016, 01:47 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I hope you are right!

He isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity