Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2018, 10:56 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,259,272 times

Advertisements

How would Jesus address His relationship with God?

As what?

Definitely He wouldn't say...I Am your Father....so call me Father.

As humans, with human understanding, we can relate to a father son relationship.

You take it from there.
Blessings, AJ

Old 03-06-2018, 11:19 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,714,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
How would Jesus address His relationship with God?

As what?

Definitely He wouldn't say...I Am your Father....so call me Father.

As humans, with human understanding, we can relate to a father son relationship.

You take it from there.
Blessings, AJ
Jesus made it clear he is our brother and that God was his and our Father. You would have to mis-read the scriptures on purpose to say otherwise. At the same time, Jesus was pre-eminent in all things pertaining to Salvation -- sent into the world (by God the Father) to save sinners. So indeed, Jesus is certainly GREATER than all humans and should be regarded as such. The Greatest in God's kingdom shall be the servant of all. Jesus is the servant of all because he loves all, died for all and will save all. No trinity doctrine required.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:32 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,928,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
these are the same questions over and over, oh well. John 20:17 "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God".

OK, when the Lord Jesus said, "MY" Father. is he referring to the Spirit in which way, Naturally, or Spiritually.

and #2. if Jesus have a God, then you have two Gods, because Thomas called Jesus Lord and God. and Hebrews 1:8 states, "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom".

O God the definite article is used. in my last post to Choir Loft we understood what God is, a plurility of himself. listen, Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth".

here God is the Hebrew word, H430 אֱלֹהִים 'elohiym (el-o-heem') n-m.
אֱלֹהֵי 'elohiy (el-o-hee') [alternate plural]
1. (literally) supreme ones.
2. (hence, in the ordinary sense) gods.
3. (specifically, in the plural, especially with the article) the Supreme God (i.e. the all supreme).
4. (sometimes) supreme, used as a superlative.
5. (occasionally, by way of deference) supreme magistrates, the highest magistrates of the land.
6. (also) the supreme angels (entities of unspecified type).
[plural of H433]

now if Jesus is God, how can that be?, as I explained, he is the "OFFSPRING" of himself in flesh. .... How simple can it get.

see, kjw47, I have asked this question over and over and no answer. listen, "if Jesus is calling God Father, is it in the Natural, meaning flesh, NO. so how is the Lord Jesus referring to God the Spirit? answer in the Spirit, so how is this reference "MY" Father is used if not Naturally.

please respond to this First and then we can answer Rev 3:12, which is another easy one to answer.

PCY

Looking to hear from U soon.

Thomas was confused-- Ask yourself this--Did Thomas know Jesus prior to his execution? Then why couldn't Thomas recognize Jesus?
Rev 3:12--Jesus sitting at Gods right hand. Can God sit at his own right hand? = NO.

Rev 1:1-- 2 beings one the giver=God. One the receiver=Jesus--only one of them is God--otherwise there is more than one God.
Trinity English John 1:1 reads in the 2nd line--And God was with God= impossible. you have been duped

Old 03-06-2018, 04:32 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,249,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Thomas was confused-- Ask yourself this--Did Thomas know Jesus prior to his execution? Then why couldn't Thomas recognize Jesus?
Rev 3:12--Jesus sitting at Gods right hand. Can God sit at his own right hand? = NO.

Rev 1:1-- 2 beings one the giver=God. One the receiver=Jesus--only one of them is God--otherwise there is more than one God.
Trinity English John 1:1 reads in the 2nd line--And God was with God= impossible. you have been duped
No Thomas was not confused. And Jesus was without blood.

And sitting at right hand is not physical, but indicate in power.

And as for Rev 1:1. No. Not two beings, but the diversity of himself in flesh

So all of your arguments is null and void.

PCY

Old 03-06-2018, 07:56 PM

The issue of the Trinity is stumbling block to many. A point of contention.... just like the issue of which religion or belief is the right one.

Raised a catholic, a Southern Baptist my experience in faith towards God has been the same all along.

My requests for clarity from God upon issues that I could not understand that where troubling me have been answered.

Every soul whose intentions are to know more deeply about Gods workings are honored and eventually enlightened.

Not every soul is at the same level of belief. Some are shallow , moderate and others are more advanced in revelations the Holy Spirit sees fit to reveal.

In my quest to get deeper meanings into the word of God I spent time reading, searching and praying for answers.

My biggest quest was to understand this reasoning...Father, I can not seem to understand, when you said to love my enemies as myself.

And that many will burn in hell especially if they didn't believe in you.

Adding those two things together just didn't mix. A if God loved my enemies just as much as He loved me?

I said, Lord, why then are there so many different religious beliefs.............what is the common ground, if any, that would include all of them as a probable enemy of mine if, they didn't belief in Jesus as I have. If, they didn't believe in Jesus they would be considered my enemy and on the other side, people who, because of religious beliefs kill me.

I've learned, as I believe God spoke to my heart and said........look.....the answer to your question has always been right in front of you.

Aaaah yes, Lord...I see. It is L-O-V-E. Your love not ours.

When YOU, Lord God as Jesus, came to redeem your creation,"that which was lost", you included every soul past,present, and yet future.

Your love has no limits and unconditionally redeemed every soul regardless of any circumstances.

Then I understood the common ground between all the different religious beliefs.

I was than able to see every living soul as God's for He alone purchased their souls.

I no longer discriminate between differences.

If, the Trinity or any other issue is a problem for any of you, I am not troubled for your soul.

I am troubled that many may not get to enjoy the love of God while yet in the flesh for lack of knowledge of His true love.

When I post my responses, I try to present my views without discrimination for I know God loves every soul.

If, one can have a glimpse into the degree of Gods love towards all of us we'd never fight, never disagree for being different.

Listen to these words: Joh_18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

That's a profound message. If we fight is because we are of this world. Jesus had a mission that had to be accomplished.
That mission required that He be crucified.

If, the Jewish people understood that, they would have never crucified Jesus. But because the Father required it by His Son, Jesus, He purposely blinded the Jews from seeing the truth. "Father forgive them for they know not what they do".

Gods love is something we ought to be trying to understand. That's easy if one seeks it out.

Blessings, AJ

Old 03-07-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I am going to just post this little note here because I will not be doing any exhaustive expose on the matter of the trinity, but I wanted to make a note here (like a place marker) that I'm pretty sure the doctrine of the trinity is false and is yet another part of the "requirements" to be acceptable to the Christian religion at large. It is false because if it were true, then Christ could not have died. I don't think believing the trinity condemns anyone's soul to hell - so don't get too over-worked about my note. Just wanted to note that this is what I believe I have been shown recently. If I am wrong, God will straighten me out. I am not striving to become acceptable to the world of Christianity - I am seeking truth while I have time on the earth.
GINOLJC to all. first thank for your response, second, yes, the trinity doctrine is false. but I cannot condemn anyone, only speak the truth about it. I once was a Trinitarian, because that was what I was first taught. nor do I condemn those who taught me in error. they was only doing the best that they knew how.

see, I thank God the Lord Jesus for giving me the truth. if it was not for my former teachers I would have not known anything about the trinity, and NOW how to understand the mistake in it's teaching.

so I condemn no one, I give praise and GLORY to the Lord Jesus for allowing me to understand his true nature.

see, I'm like the apostle Paul, Philippians 3:13 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before". this is what I'm doing, and in so doing I'm being perfected. listen the next verses, Philippians 3:14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 15 "Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you 16 "Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing".

in due time God will reveal himself, or his NATURE to you. as said, we must "RENEW" our minds.

let's not walk in darkness anymore, which produce division, but let's walk in light, KNOWING the things of God, by which the Holy Ghost teach. amen

PCY.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:29 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,714,823 times
Quote:
The issue of the Trinity is stumbling block to many. A point of contention.... just like the issue of which religion or belief is the right one.

Raised a catholic, a Southern Baptist my experience in faith towards God has been the same all along.

My requests for clarity from God upon issues that I could not understand that where troubling me have been answered.

Every soul whose intentions are to know more deeply about Gods workings are honored and eventually enlightened.

Not every soul is at the same level of belief. Some are shallow , moderate and others are more advanced in revelations the Holy Spirit sees fit to reveal.

In my quest to get deeper meanings into the word of God I spent time reading, searching and praying for answers.

My biggest quest was to understand this reasoning...Father, I can not seem to understand, when you said to love my enemies as myself.

Adding those two things together just didn't mix. A if God loved my enemies just as much as He loved me?

I said, Lord, why then are there so many different religious beliefs.............what is the common ground, if any, that would include all of them as a probable enemy of mine if, they didn't belief in Jesus as I have. If, they didn't believe in Jesus they would be considered my enemy and on the other side, people who, because of religious beliefs kill me.

I've learned, as I believe God spoke to my heart and said........look.....the answer to your question has always been right in front of you.

When YOU, Lord God as Jesus, came to redeem your creation,"that which was lost", you included every soul past,present, and yet future.

Your love has no limits and unconditionally redeemed every soul regardless of any circumstances.

Then I understood the common ground between all the different religious beliefs.

I was than able to see every living soul as God's for He alone purchased their souls.

If, the Trinity or any other issue is a problem for any of you, I am not troubled for your soul.

I am troubled that many may not get to enjoy the love of God while yet in the flesh for lack of knowledge of His true love.

When I post my responses, I try to present my views without discrimination for I know God loves every soul.

If, one can have a glimpse into the degree of Gods love towards all of us we'd never fight, never disagree for being different.

Listen to these words: Joh_18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

That's a profound message. If we fight is because we are of this world. Jesus had a mission that had to be accomplished.

If, the Jewish people understood that, they would have never crucified Jesus. But because the Father required it by His Son, Jesus, He purposely blinded the Jews from seeing the truth. "Father forgive them for they know not what they do".

Gods love is something we ought to be trying to understand. That's easy if one seeks it out.

Blessings, AJ
This is likely the most sincere, the most pure, the most godly post I have ever read on this Christian forum. <----- Tears of joy.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:

Blessings, AJ
to look3467, and RainMusic.
there are no deep revelations of the Godhead, it's like, Philip and Ethiopian Eunuch, "some man must guide us". unfortunately, sometimes the wrong men get to us first. but fear not, we have a promise from the Lord Jesus, "I will never leave you nor forsake you", keep that always in mind. yes, not everyone faith is on the same level, I agree there. but let me say this, it's only for a short time. because, Romans 15:4 "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope 5 "Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus".

so be patient, in due time he will reveal. and I appreciate your concerns..., "Father, I can not seem to understand, when you said to love my enemies as myself". this is what the LORD/JESUS/GOD/The Holy Spirit require, Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?". this is required only of us by the Lord. this was given before the LAW and is still in EFFECT after the Law. this is how one loves their enemies, just do justly toward them. if he's hungry give them bread or water, that's just. do not the sun shine on the just as well as the unjust. but do your enemy have FAVOR as a brother in the Lord? no. it is only required of you to do justly, no extra mile for your enemy. understand?

PCY.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
understand?>>>101c
Yes, I fully understand.

One thing that is inherent in us is the ability to govern ourselves. That means also to defend ourselves against evil but not with hatred otherwise, we defeat ourselves as well.

Blessings, AJ

Old 03-07-2018, 07:44 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,928,004 times
Quote:

Blessings, AJ

The Israelites apostocised long before Jesus arrived--When Israel stood by God, God stood by them. The romans could never defeat Israel unless God was not with them. God did not blind the Israelites--their own haughty hearts blinded them.
The Israelite leaders(teachers) placed themselves on pedastels--referred to the flock as Amharets( giving food scraps to the dogs--these are spiritual food scraps)-- They reasoned falsely that the Messiah would come as a mighty king and destroy the roman rule, A mere carpenters son came and they outright refused to listen to such a lowly person. They outright refused to make correction--same in 99% of all religion claiming to be Christian today--they are apostocised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity