Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 03:39 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
You worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”…
You simply missed it. Salvation has ALREADY come through the Jews in Jesus. Everyone who is waiting or expecting salvation or thinking they must do something to be saved are following false teaching. We are saved and Jesus did it. We have nothing to do with it. We should seek sanctification through the love of God and each other and we will automatically have cover for our imperfections under His perfect love (Grace) NOT our own merit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 03:45 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You simply missed it. Salvation has ALREADY come through the Jews in Jesus. Everyone who is waiting or expecting salvation or thinking they must do something to be saved are following false teaching. We are saved and Jesus did it. We have nothing to do with it. We should seek sanctification through the love of God and each other and we will automatically have cover for our imperfections under His perfect love (Grace) NOT our own merit.
And,
How is it you think you are edifying the Body of the anointed one.
The Holy First born of the Almighty.
The one given a name above all names.

If need be i will continue.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
And,
How is it you think you are edifying the Body of the anointed one.
The Holy First born of the Almighty.
The one given a name above all names.
If need be i will continue.
I hope I am edifying them by focusing them on Christ's ACTUAL message of love and His accomplishment in saving us from eternal separation from God by His perfect resonance (Identity) with God's love. By emulating Him in love of God and each other, we follow Him and become the second-born and third-born and so on.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:59 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times
Quote:
I hope I am edifying them by focusing them on Christ's ACTUAL message of love and His accomplishment in saving us from eternal separation from God by His perfect resonance (Identity) with God's love. By emulating Him in love of God and each other, we follow Him and become the second-born and third-born and so on.
his message wasn't love , that is your imagination. His message was redemption by grace and his spirit of truth .

Old 10-20-2017, 03:59 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Yes, you are...you are have been doing a great job, Mystic..for a long time.
If I were on the fence, a newbie here...your words would be like butter on toast to me drawing me to Jesus.
You already changed one poster's life.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:00 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No. It means look to Scripture.
NO it does not. It means those he spoke to were fundamentalists and the scripture was a"language"they would understand and not be able to use to justify their behaviors.

Here, in the following scriptures,Christ uses scriptures to teach just the opposite--

Oaths

33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’
34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne;
35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King.
36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black.
37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.g

Eye for Eye

38“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.
39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.
40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.
41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles.
42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
NO it does not. It means those he spoke to were fundamentalists and the scripture was a"language"they would understand and not be able to use to justify their behaviors.
Oh! I see, of course! ....a language they could understand...

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 10-20-2017 at 04:22 PM..

Old 10-20-2017, 04:09 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times
Quote:
His actual message of Love was to a society lost in laws with no spirit and no grace. that is not our society , no matter how you whine about it..

ours is one lost to lawlessness and rebellion and broken . men don't know if they are men or not.. how confused can it get..

Old 10-20-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
his message wasn't love , that is your imagination. His message was redemption by grace and his spirit of truth .
You are so steeped in the "precepts and doctrines of men" that you do not see that you are simply saying the same thing I am. Jesus redeemed us ALL by His Grace (perfect resonance with God's love) and abides with us as the Comforter (Holy Spirit of truth) sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." When we love God and each other every day and repent when we don't, our imperfections are sanctified under His Grace.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:37 PM

524 posts, read 252,288 times
Nevermind. Pray for the sinners in your life.

Last edited by Objective Detective; 10-20-2017 at 05:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity