Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 04:35 PM

63,898 posts, read 40,172,494 times

Advertisements

Because what you call the devil is simply our unthinking and automatic reptilian brain that motivates all our behavior on the basis of avoidance of pain and pursuit of pleasure. Since it is part of our body, it will naturally be an adversary to our Spirit (Consciousness) which knows the difference between right and wrong, good and evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 04:54 PM

10,047 posts, read 4,981,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because what you call the devil is simply our unthinking and automatic reptilian brain that motivates all our behavior on the basis of avoidance of pain and pursuit of pleasure. Since it is part of our body, it will naturally be an adversary to our Spirit (Consciousness) which knows the difference between right and wrong, good and evil.
Because what Jesus called the devil in the 4th chapter of Luke was a real spirit person.
Unless damaged, we all come equipped with an 'in-born conscience'.
That is why even the people of the nations know murder, stealing, etc. is morally wrong.

Adam was Not a reptile nor had a reptilian brain.
Mortal Adam came to life when God breathed the 'breath of life' into lifeless Adam.
Then, Adam became a living soul or a living person as per Genesis 2:7.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:20 PM

88,666 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
To me, certainly the figurative genuine 'wheat' Christians would believe the devil is permitted to rule because 2nd Corinthians 4:4 calls Satan the god of this world
(of badness).
Plus, gospel writer John wrote at 1st John 5:19 that the whole world lies in the power of the wicked one.
Also, Revelation 12:12,9 says 'woe' because the devil has come down to you....
So, then it would be the fake 'weed/tares' Christians who are the ones who do Not believe the devil is permitted to rule.
Let's be careful here. You are aware that calling other Christians "fake" or "not really Christian" is not permitted in this forum regardless of whatever coded terms you use.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:23 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,424,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Nope...
Nope? Satan is obviously ruling the rebellious portion of the earth or there would be no wars, killings, etc.

Daniel's explanation of the statute the King saw is being fulfilled right down to the toes. Iron and clay and they do not stick together and that fits every Country on earth now. The US is a perfect example of the division.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:30 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,424,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Thank you.

There's also the fact that not all Christians believe that "the devil is permitted to rule", yet it is stated in the thread title as if that is the case.
NAS John 14:30 "I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;

NAU John 14:30 "I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;

RSV John 14:30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no power over me;

NRS John 14:30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no power over me;

NKJ John 14:30 "I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me.DBY John 14:30 I will no longer speak much with you, for the ruler of the world comes, and in me he has nothing;

BBE John 14:30 After this I will not say much to you, because the ruler of this world comes: and he has no power over me;

YLT John 14:30 I will no more talk much with you, for the ruler of this world doth come, and in me he hath nothing

KJV James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:26 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,151,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I hope I am allowed to start this thread, I saw the other one, that had been locked, but it looks like that was closed due to the VERY long copy/paste and the jewish references.

This is a thread subject that is really very interesting to me, and I think it should be a great discussion, so lets avoid super long copy/pasting, and lets keep it a christian viewpoint,(if other denominations would like to discuss the same thing on their forum, thats great, but this is a christian board).

OK...

In another thread that this came up, I likened it to this scenario...you are married and have a family, some other guy is jealous of what you have and attempts to take your spot, rebels against you, etc. so you overcome him and cast him out of your life...BUT then you ALLOW him to still have access to and be able to influence your wife and kids...???

What kind of sense is that?
There is scripture in both the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures to explain this but sometimes people are turned off simply by copying and pasting scriptures. So...

Try thinking of it this way. Teacher in a classroom. Teacher is instructing students on navigating life. A student thinks he can do better and doesn't need to listen anymore. He accuses the teacher of deceit. He leads some students to believe they can do just as well. What should the teacher do? He can kick them out never to be heard from again and continue on with the other students. But what would that accomplish? What would the remaining students and those that follow conceivably think? "Hey do you think it's true? Is the teacher keeping us from realizing our full potential? Is there an alternative way than what we are taught? Could those expelled students be correct?" Do we need further instruction from this teacher?"

Instead, why not allow those students to prove their point. The teacher would still instruct those who want to listen but they would have the choice of following the other students. Yes it will be a painful experience but ultimately the damage that is inflicted by these rebel students and those who follow is temporary. Ultimately, once the issue is settled at some future date, anyone who attempts to raise the issue again will be gone. The teacher (God) would at that time simply act to prevent reliving the past.

Old 11-16-2018, 03:01 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,068,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
There is scripture in both the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures to explain this but sometimes people are turned off simply by copying and pasting scriptures. So...

Try thinking of it this way. Teacher in a classroom. Teacher is instructing students on navigating life. A student thinks he can do better and doesn't need to listen anymore. He accuses the teacher of deceit. He leads some students to believe they can do just as well. What should the teacher do? He can kick them out never to be heard from again and continue on with the other students. But what would that accomplish? What would the remaining students and those that follow conceivably think? "Hey do you think it's true? Is the teacher keeping us from realizing our full potential? Is there an alternative way than what we are taught? Could those expelled students be correct?" Do we need further instruction from this teacher?"

Instead, why not allow those students to prove their point. The teacher would still instruct those who want to listen but they would have the choice of following the other students. Yes it will be a painful experience but ultimately the damage that is inflicted by these rebel students and those who follow is temporary. Ultimately, once the issue is settled at some future date, anyone who attempts to raise the issue again will be gone. The teacher (God) would at that time simply act to prevent reliving the past.
Satan is an angel of G-d that works for G-d...

Old 11-16-2018, 03:05 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,068,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Nope? Satan is obviously ruling the rebellious portion of the earth or there would be no wars, killings, etc.

Daniel's explanation of the statute the King saw is being fulfilled right down to the toes. Iron and clay and they do not stick together and that fits every Country on earth now. The US is a perfect example of the division.
Nope...Satan doesn’t rule anything and the statue has already happened...

Old 11-16-2018, 05:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,253,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

The killings are mostly being perpetrated by Evangelical lead factions..

Old 11-16-2018, 06:39 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,174,050 times
The freewill argument is nonsense. We’re led to believe that evil and good are a choice between god or hell/satan. So, man exists for centuries with no evidence of either a god or devil, yet when this great experiment is completed, those who blindly believed in the Jesus character, have eternal life with no evil choices to make. I see no difference in just creating heaven to start with. It makes no sense to program created mortal creatures with the knowledge of evil when evil will not exist in heaven. Are we to believe that Christians would just stop sinning in heaven? My guess is the glorified immortal bodies will not be weak like the mortal bodies, so why start with corruption?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity