Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2022, 11:23 AM

11,906 posts, read 3,734,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Rejecting a doctrine of men (a vile doctrine of men too) is not rebelling against the Truth.
Yep, I believe we are to be selective about what we believe, why we believe …… but it doesn’t stop there, we also need to be aware of how we communicate as well

Rev 18:2**And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Rev 18:3**For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev 18:4**And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Gal 5:19**Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20**Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21**Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22**But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23**Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24**And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25**If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26**Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2022, 11:23 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,368,541 times
Quote:
It doesn't change a thing..... God know what we are and it ain't depraved.

“What is man, that you are mindful of him,
or the son of man, that you care for him?
7You made him for a little while lower than the angels;
you have crowned him with glory and honor,a
8putting everything in subjection under his feet.”

Now in putting everything in subjection to him, he left nothing outside his control. At present, we do not yet see everything in subjection to him.

This is what man IS in the eyes of God and all that God has ever done and doing, is with this in mind.
If only we knew just how important each one of us really is. However, once again, the fundies spout the big lie...."Yes, but man fell and now is in opposition to God", .. or "man is depraved" or just what the accuser of the brethren does...continually tries to put stumbling blocks of doubt and fear.

Old 01-23-2022, 11:44 AM

11,906 posts, read 3,734,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
If only we knew just how important each one of us really is. However, once again, the fundies spout the big lie...."Yes, but man fell and now is in opposition to God", .. or "man is depraved" or just what the accuser of the brethren does...continually tries to put stumbling blocks of doubt and fear.
I know what you mean and get why you feel that way but all this was foretold, and the fault and blame is not theirs for thinking the way they do, it is what they have been taught, part of their indoctrination …. The fault and blame is at a much, much higher level and it filters down

That is why reformation is needed

Old 01-23-2022, 01:27 PM

4,664 posts, read 1,210,301 times
Quote:
Rejecting a doctrine of men (a vile doctrine of men too) is not rebelling against the Truth.
You have been shown the word of God, you are proving the premise !

Old 01-23-2022, 01:30 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
You have been shown the word of God, you are proving the premise !
You too have been shown the word of God, yet you still hold to the vile doctrine of depravity.

Old 01-23-2022, 02:44 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,823,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
How does your opinion jive with Jesus’ words in Luke 18?

9 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed[a] thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Old 01-23-2022, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How does your opinion jive with Jesus’ words in Luke 18?

9 He also told this parable TO some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed[a] thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

So you believe a sinner speaks the truth ? The parable was a rebuke of those who trusted in themselves and not an endorsement on a certain way to approach the Father

Old 01-23-2022, 04:16 PM

63,942 posts, read 40,218,720 times
Quote:
If we were created in the image of God our true nature is his.
Quote:
Man sinned Rom 5:12 and that caused men to die to God, sin brought alienation and depravity to God, and naturally he remains that way.
Utter nonsense. What is this great and horrible "sin" humankind did that "caused men to die to God, sin brought alienation and depravity to God, and naturally, he remains that way." Have you ever been a parent? If so I would worry about your children if your love for them could EVER result in such a situation for ANY REASON!

Old 01-23-2022, 05:42 PM

4,664 posts, read 1,210,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Utter nonsense. What is this great and horrible "sin" humankind did that "caused men to die to God, sin brought alienation and depravity to God, and naturally, he remains that way." Have you ever been a parent? If so I would worry about your children if your love for them could EVER result in such a situation for ANY REASON!
Man sinned Rom 5:12

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

All men by nature all spiritually dead !

Old 01-23-2022, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Man sinned Rom 5:12

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

All men by nature all spiritually dead !
There is no greater death in the mind of man than the actual belief "in separation from God". The world does not have to worry about death as we know it any longer because Jesus conquered it, but the belief in separation will cause it to miss out on the abundant life that already belongs to it.

When Jesus said yours is the kingdom..... He was affirming this has always been the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity