Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2022, 03:43 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,459,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
I am considering the whole counsel of God. The scripture teaches total depravity, even from the womb man is spiritually dead to God. Mans heart by nature is wicked Jer 17:9

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

A person is born naturally with this heart.

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 07:57 AM

4,753 posts, read 1,298,444 times
See all men by nature are spiritually dead to the True God, yet he can be alive to false gods and religion. Man naturally can choose a god, an idol from his own imagination, but he cannot choose, seek after, desire the True God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

The word seek means :

to seek out, search for
to seek out, i.e. investigate, scrutinise
to seek out for one's self, beg, crave
to demand back, require

Man doesnt do any of these things as it regards the True and Living God

And its no coincidence its the same word that characterizes True Faith in the True God Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Man naturally is at enmity against the True God in his mind , so he doesnt seek Him or desire Him Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Old 01-25-2022, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
Thats not speaking of a man by nature. A man by nature , here is his heart Jer 17:10

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Also by nature none are good or do good Rom 3:12

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Thats not speaking of a man by nature. A man by nature , here is his heart Jer 17:10

Also by nature none are good or do good Rom 3:12

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Of course it is you twister of the scriptures. I have pointed out to you before as well that Psalms and Proverbs frequently mention the righteous man.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Of course it is you twister of the scriptures. I have pointed out to you before as well that Psalms and Proverbs frequently mention the righteous man.
See mans heart by nature is the evil heart found in that very same verse Matt 12:35

Gods word describes the heart of man here also Gen 6:5

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:00 PM

64,148 posts, read 40,475,361 times
Quote:
I am considering the whole counsel of God. The scripture teaches total depravity, even from the womb man is spiritually dead to God. Mans heart by nature is wicked Jer 17:9
You keep referring to the OT which was talking about our primitive savage ancestors. Are you still an ignorant, primitive, savage, barbarian? If not, then none of that applies.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
See mans heart by nature is the evil heart found in that very same verse Matt 12:35

Gods word describes the heart of man here also Gen 6:5

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
You keep believing man is evil and I will by the grace of God see what he sees in All.

If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him. Genesis 4:7 In this instance we see his brother doing well and Cain not doing well. We see this theme throughout the scriptures, and if you had eyes to see, you would know as Paul said

So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.
For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;
but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.

For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh. The flesh is not what we are and neither is it our true nature. If you are awake to your own inner being you would know that its source is God, so be careful who you are calling evil. Our inner being is one thing and sin in the flesh is another thing.

Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit. I think you should start acting like God and STOP imputing sin.

Grace super abounds over sin to silence the condemner like yourself. You can make a s much noise about sin as you want, but the super abounding grace of God will always drown your voice out. Repent!

Old 01-25-2022, 04:23 PM

9,942 posts, read 1,325,470 times
Quote:

No, what you teach is Calvinism, which is a false doctrine.

Old 01-26-2022, 11:08 AM

Man by nature, spiritually dead, are lost and without hope Eph 2:12

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Now i understand Paul here in the context is referring to the Gentiles, however and nevertheless this describes all men by nature in spiritual death, even jews.

Notice Paul writes these people were had no hope of Salvation, and they were without God. Why is that ? Paul is speaking spiritually, for even gentiles as creatures have God as a Creator, but spiritually they are without God and without hope. This describes the lost state of man by nature. To say man can naturally seek the True God contradicts this fact !

Old 01-26-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
No, what you teach is Calvinism, which is a false doctrine.
I teach scripture truth and you scoff at it by calling it calvinism, after a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity