Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2021, 05:49 PM

9,899 posts, read 1,284,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I only see one period of 1000 year reign in Scripture but it seems to me it is looked at from many different perspectives

Yes, every generation sees what is applicable and appropriate for them

There are many timing signals in the Scriptures that are not fully seen until that time comes

Act 1:6**They, therefore, indeed, having come together, were questioning Him, saying, “Lord, do You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”
Act 1:7**And He said to them, “It is not yours to know times or seasons that the Father appointed in His own authority;
Jesus is King. He is reigning now. We are living in the thousand year reign of Christ at this very moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2021, 07:28 PM

13,679 posts, read 7,984,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Jesus is King. He is reigning now. We are living in the thousand year reign of Christ at this very moment.
I agree

Old 12-27-2021, 07:40 PM

11,903 posts, read 3,721,289 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I agree
I agree…. But it’s not directly

There are also hierarchies, principalities, powers involved as well

Eph 1:18**The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19**And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Eph 1:20**Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21**Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22**And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23**Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Eph 6:10**Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11**Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12**For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13**Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Old 12-27-2021, 08:06 PM

63,898 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:

Eph 1:18**The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19**And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Eph 1:20**Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21**Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22**And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Eph 6:10**Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11**Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12**For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13**Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Old 12-28-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:

Very true. There are principalities and powers. But make no mistake. The kingdom of our dear Lord and Savior is here now. Those who obey the gospel have been translated into it (Col. 1:13).

A kingdom has four aspects: king, subjects, laws and a realm. Jesus is King. Christians are His subjects. We live according to the commands of King Jesus. His realm is His church.

Those who are awaiting His kingdom to come have missed this important bit of information. The kingdom is here. We all need to make sure we are in it.

Edit: God has always had a kingdom on earth. Jesus was given that kingdom when He ascended into heaven (Dan. 7:13-14). He established His kingdom on Pentecost. When He comes for His church at the end of time, He will deliver the kingdom to His Father (1 Cor. 15:24-26) “Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.”

Last edited by MissKate12; 12-28-2021 at 08:27 AM..

Old 12-28-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I agree
It’s so nice when we can agree.

Old 12-28-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:

So you deny that humans are born with a "sin stained soul"?

I agree that Jesus has a human nature just as we do. Jesus was tempted by an outside actor (Satan). The temptation did not come from within Jesus, but from without.

You are free to label yourself however you'd like; but there is no such thing as "Protestant teaching" except as it relates to that particular teaching's opposition to Catholic teaching. A "protestant" is one who "protests" against Catholicism. You are "protesting" against both Catholicism and "Protestantism" - rejecting their systems completely - and ascribing to the "me, my Bible, and Jesus" paradigm?
I do deny that babies are born with a sin stained soul. The Scriptures say we are created in God’s image. That in itself is enough for me. My argument with the Calvinists is “total” depravity. They claim we are so totally depraved that we cannot seek God. I know Catholics don’t believe that.

I don’t know where you get that the temptations Jesus faced were not from within. I can only say that it’s not from the Scriptures.

I call myself a Christian. Period. The terms Catholic and Protestant are not found in Scripture, therefore, I don’t refer to myself as either. I am not a member of any denomination. Jesus added me to His church just like He added the 3000 who repented and were baptized on the day of Pentecost.

My entire belief system is based on the Scriptures. We could argue all day which is the better, to live according to the word of Gid alone, or to use the word and other sources, but we’ve already been down that road. I suggest we simply leave it up to our Heavenly Father to judge. Agree?

Old 12-28-2021, 09:13 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,331,204 times
I think one of the biggest mistakes that Baptist fundie is making is his lack of ability to discern the difference between the inward man and the flesh. Paul does not beat about the bush in his judgement on the flesh, he says in it dwells no good thing, but he also makes a greater discovery, his inner man, and this inner man delights in the law of God, and better still, he realizes that it is not him(the inner man) sinning, but the sin present in his flesh.

I actually believe this coming into the knowledge of his inner identity is a greater experience for Paul than his road to Damascus experience. It certainly was for me. I actually believe from that moment on, sin had no more dominion over him, not that he never sinned again, but it could never condemn him. Therefore there is no condemnation for those in Christ.

Old 12-28-2021, 10:06 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,047,452 times
Quote:
Romans 3 is not about Adam. I think you are forcing your beliefs about total depravity into the passage (9-20). Adam is not mentioned or even hinted at in Romans 3. It’s about the Jews, God’s chosen people. I’m sure you would agree that context is important.
You know that Romans 3 is actually quoted from an OT text, right? It describes the human condition that started with Adam.
Quote:
In Romans 3:9-20, Paul comes back to his original question, “What then? Are we Jews any better off?” Better off than who? The Gentiles! While the Jews did have advantages because they were given the oracles of God, those advantages did not translate into having a superior moral position over Gentiles when it comes to salvation or judgment. Paul is saying that Jews and Gentiles alike are sinners. None are righteous. Later in verse 23, he says, “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” NOTICE: All, both Jew and Gentile fall short of the glory of God. WHY? Because ALL HAVE SINNED. Paul does not say we fall short because Adam sinned. It is OUR sin that separates us from God. The soul who sins shall die. Read all of Ezekiel chapter 18.
Yes. In Adam all have sinned.

Rom 5:12-14 "Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned— for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come."
Quote:
Adam is not part of the discussion of Ecc. 7. You are forcing your beliefs into what is being said. It’s about human wisdom and it’s limits, not the fall of Adam. God created people to be virtuous, but they have each turned to follow their own downward path. We are created in God’s image. I would agree that from Adam we got our fleshly (SARX) nature, which desires to sin. But you and the Calvinists take the leap saying this makes us TOTALLY depraved and unable to seek God. God created man upright, and it blows total depravity right out of the water.
As noted above in Rom 5, we are sinners because of Adam.
Quote:

I ask you for the third time why Jesus said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18:3) In context, Jesus is speaking of humility. If we are born totally depraved, how is it that a child can have the virtue of humility?
Because we need to be born again. That's it. We need to become like little children and be born again.

John 1:12-13

"But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God."
Quote:

Sorry but this is all I have time for this morning. Will try to get back on later.
Thanks for the conversation. I've enjoyed it.

Old 12-28-2021, 11:57 AM

28,106 posts, read 30,010,141 times
Quote:
Are you saying you think Christ has returned? A lot of the things the Bible sys must happen before He does so have not happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity