Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:36 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,773 times

Advertisements

While I do find this all intersting, I don't not feel to really know this very well. Whether the end of the would happens tonight or in a million years, should I lead my life differently. I don't think I should. So to worry at all about the end times to me is pointless. I also find it depressing to focus on the end. I hope I'm not offending anyone, that is not my intention.

DNick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 11:19 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
While I do find this all intersting, I don't not feel to really know this very well. Whether the end of the would happens tonight or in a million years, should I lead my life differently. I don't think I should. So to worry at all about the end times to me is pointless. I also find it depressing to focus on the end. I hope I'm not offending anyone, that is not my intention.

DNick
why depressing

Old 01-19-2009, 11:44 PM

Maybe depressing is the wrong word. I just feel it is a slight waste of time. No matter when the end is, My life will be led the same way.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:27 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Maybe depressing is the wrong word. I just feel it is a slight waste of time. No matter when the end is, My life will be led the same way.
I don't think even you believe that, for you're here. Slight waste of time? Your life?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:18 AM

No, my life is not a waste of time, just worrying about the end of it. I should want to live for god out of love for him, not live for him out of fear that the end is near and I don't want to go to hell. Life is not a waste of time. I want to live it in a happy way. Not worrying whether or not today is my last day.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
No, my life is not a waste of time, just worrying about the end of it. I should want to live for god out of love for him, not live for him out of fear that the end is near and I don't want to go to hell. Life is not a waste of time. I want to live it in a happy way. Not worrying whether or not today is my last day.
I totally understand. I myself, am very happy. I'm not sitting here 'wringing" my hands and "worrying" about the end either; however, the Spirit Of God has given me a mission to which I must be faithful, and that is to spread the Word that He is soon coming.

His desire is that no one perishes. So, if He desires to use little, old Betsey..........so be it. I'm open.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Greetings, Wilvan: There are no "eras of the true Church of God" taught in the Scriptures. There is also no "end time." There is the time of the end--the end of an age but not an end time.

Such things as 7 eras of the Church of God is extrabiblical teaching. It was to that Laodicea Church only and specifically that Jesus spoke. While there may certainly be applications to other churches concerning the proper worship of the Lord, this is not the context of the churches of Revelation.

Preterist
I, for one can't wait till Jesus comes to give Him piece of my mind! How dare He speak to one particular generation and forgot the rest of us!

Really?

Old 01-20-2009, 04:38 PM

This first rider, represents a deceptive power masquerading as Christ. Outwardly it appears "Christians", but in reality it will be, like the other three riders to follow, a force for evil and destruction. Having a "form of Godliness", but denying the power thereof.

Remember when Paul said: "A lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming"? (2 Thess, 2:8) His influence over humanity will be "according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception......." (verses 9-10).

Keep in mind that Satan, is often called the "great deceiver." For everything that God does, he has a counterfeit. Counterfeit religion, counterfeit church, counterfeit system, counterfeit kingdom............in which we are living. He wants to be God. Hence................the rider of the white horse that was given a crown, for he is......... the prince to come.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:09 PM

The second seal.........Conflict on Earth

3. When He opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, "Come and see."
4. "And another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that people should kill one another; and there was given to him a great sword. (Rev. 6:3-4)

Old 01-26-2009, 10:06 PM

This Red horse, some believe he is riding now, what do you think? Are we still doing this study people? (smile).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity