Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:09 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Being black isn't a creed, belief, or opinion either. Try this definition:

obstinate and unreasoning attachment of one's own belief and opinions, with narrow-minded intolerance of beliefs opposed to them.
I never said, I was "bigotted" against. Well by that definition you are a bigot because you are obstinate, unreasoned against my beliefs as well. I am entitled to my opinion with reasons, you say no. You sir are a bigot.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:10 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
If you believe the church is bigoted (a term that does not apply to gays) against gays, then the church is bigoted against thieves, liars, adulterers, lustful, fornicators etc..... so how is the church against gay people? I just don't see it because I am a liar, a thief as well and the church is not bigoted against me.
Many churches seek to limit the rights of gays compared to heteros. Weren't you outraged that a gay bishop is giving the inauguration prayer, or that one even exists?

I don't seek to limit the rights of theists. You can do whatever you want, it's your mind. I exercise my right to give you my opinion, but I will in no way try to keep you from doing anything that atheists do.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
big·ot (bĭg'ət) Pronunciation Key
n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

I guess it's no surprise since you can spin the Bible to suit your needs that now you're spinning/twisting the definition of "bigot" in order to be further bigoted against gay people.
sound like you against the bible and Christians. Welcome to the club

Old 01-15-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Many churches seek to limit the rights of gays compared to heteros. Weren't you outraged that a gay bishop is giving the inauguration prayer, or that one even exists?

I don't seek to limit the rights of theists. You can do whatever you want, it's your mind. I exercise my right to give you my opinion, but I will in no way try to keep you from doing anything that atheists do.

That's not true
, if the straight is sinning then he would be dealt with. If they invited a gay women to speak. I could care less, but homosexuality is a sin, we are Christians and we must follow the word of God. We can't pick and choose and if God says, it's wrong. Who are we to question it?

We cannot have openly and proud sinful ministers up on a podium praying to God anymore than we could have an openly adulterous male pastor. I would be against that as well.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:18 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
That's not true, if the straight is sinning then he would be dealt with. If they invited a gay women to speak. I could care less, but homosexuality is a sin, we are Christians and we must follow the word of God. We can't pick and choose and if God says, it's wrong. Who are we to question it?

We cannot have openly and proud sinful ministers up on a podium praying to God anymore than we could have an openly adulterous male pastor. I would be against that as well.
OK Fundy, you win. I've got to go destroy some families, recruit children into my lifestyle, do some drugs, have public sex, and put on some @ss-less chaps. Can't wait to get to hell!

Old 01-15-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:

That's not true
, if the straight is sinning then he would be dealt with. If they invited a gay women to speak. I could care less, but homosexuality is a sin, we are Christians and we must follow the word of God. We can't pick and choose and if God says, it's wrong. Who are we to question it?

There are many things in those same chapters that god says is wrong that you don't follow. But the point is, churches are discriminating against gays by not allowing them the same privileges as straights. Just because your archaic book condones it doesn't mean it isn't discrimination based on modern humanist standards.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
OK Fundy, you win. I've got to go destroy some families, recruit children into my lifestyle, do some drugs, have public sex, and put on some @ss-less chaps. Can't wait to get to hell!
We ALL deserve hell. Soften your heart, don't put your stock in evolution which is totally ludicrous that life came from non-life. Jesus loves you and wants to save you from the wrath that is to come.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
There are many things in those same chapters that god says is wrong that you don't follow. But the point is, churches are discriminating against gays by not allowing them the same privileges as straights. Just because your archaic book condones it doesn't mean it isn't discrimination based on modern humanist standards.
You don't have the right context just some weak skeptic annotated accusations that have time and time again been dealt with. Always read the bible with context. who is talking, what event, what place? context.

Give me one

What modern humanistic standards? you wouldn't have it if it weren't for Christianity. The standards that has killed over 200,000,000 people in the 20th century alone?

Old 01-15-2009, 02:26 PM

without God you would have NO morals.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
You don't have the right context just some nonsense skeptic annotated accusations that have time and time again been dealt with. Always read the bible with context. who is talking, what event, what place? context.

Give me one

What modern humanistic standards? you wouldn't have it if it weren't for Christianity. The standards that has killed over 200,000,000 people in the 20th century alone?
Oh wow, humanist standards killed 200 million people in the 20th century? please explain.

You know, Hitler used religion to control Nazis and justify genocide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity