Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Why are you sad June?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 07:55 PM

283 posts, read 409,731 times
Believing in the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour is knowing God's gift of salvation and that He and He alone brings salvation that's the quickening of the Holy Spirit. Then it is the laying down of your burdon confessing that one is a sinner and needs salvation brings one in relationship to the Father through the Son and it is a growing process through the Holy Spirit in which one continues to flee from the flesh toward's righteousness being made righteous. Confessing with ones tunge for any to one to hear starts and should increase in Joy when one lay's down the burdon at the cross Baptism is also a Joy expression and confession by inspiration.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:58 PM

[quote=Miss Blue;8924286]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I was going to say it but I wanted to see what other Christians said after June posted. REPENT! That is hard for many[/quote

This Christian says that repentance is easy..The hard parts are all the hurdles, opinions, and misunderstanding of the very simple lessons of Christl that some of us put between the Junes and God..BTW, I did not post scripture because I am sure it is out of context or I don't know what it REALLY says
wasn't for me

Old 05-21-2009, 08:10 PM

283 posts, read 409,731 times
[quote=Miss Blue;8924286]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I was going to say it but I wanted to see what other Christians said after June posted. REPENT! That is hard for many[/quote

This Christian says that repentance is easy..The hard parts are all the hurdles, opinions, and misunderstanding of the very simple lessons of Christl that some of us put between the Junes and God..BTW, I did not post scripture because I am sure it is out of context or I don't know what it REALLY says
Easy or not, it does not make it omit able or unessential to salvation. Making converts just to have some feel better does not yield righteous fruit in fact it makes the strugle against the flesh all the more difficult. Personally I don't have a problem with your use of scripture I don't like to see some one say that the geek version say were all wrong about thinks, I believe the text speaks for it's self the message is imbedded through out the entire text that is the beauty of its simplisity not just one sounding bell to call the towns attention. If any one needs to have something explained in geek well then it's still geek, context or not. Stating that one translation is better than the next implies that God is to easily misrepresented Genisus to Revilation all speaks to Jesus Christ as the One true God all incompising Father Son and Holy Spirit!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:25 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Repentance does not save.

Faith saves.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:32 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
Default Double Amen

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen......!!!!

Double Amen!!
"Latte 'Chic;
Amen Amen AAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Old 05-21-2009, 08:41 PM

Love is a fruit of the Spirit
Patience is a fruit of the Spirit
Longsuffering
Meekness
Self-control
Temperance
What happened to humility? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Pride comes before a fall.
Knowledge puffeth up.
In reading a clip over at Centurion's blog I was reminded of my old university days.

Back in university (before I came to Christ) it was the common practice of everyone I knew (myself being no exception) to spend our leisure time in exalted and philosophical debate - during which time we could showcase the various tidbits of knowledge we had picked up, and extol their worth in the grandest language we were able to muster. In this way we hoped to demonstrate our intellectual superiority - or at the very least, or intellectual right to assume a place in the grand halls of our dear old university. It was quite important to each of us that we appear learned and erudite to all our colleagues. In this pursuit our vocabularies swelled, and we sought at every opportunity to demonstrate their massive girth.After university I attended a technical college - and the atmosphere was entirely different. Here successful communication didn't involve lofty language - but rather successful communication was gauged on how easily understood one was. Direct speech, without all the glitter, was preferred.

Between the two experiences I began to understand that any writer can express themselves using technical language - but only truly talented writers can express themselves in common language.

As a musician I am not impressed by the technical brilliance of a movement - I am impressed by the art of the movement - does it speak to me, does it move me? Or is it simply an articulate expression of timing, tone, and cadence? Anyone can learn to master an instrument - but few people can learn to express themselves through an instrument.

In this same way I am impressed not by large vocabularies and complex sentences - they simply tell me that the author has some base proficiency in the things he is discussing. But when a writer can explain a complex issue in a way that a child could understand - then I am in the presence of brilliance - and I am rightly impressed.

Knowledge of a subject can puff up discussion about that subject - because part of the effort in discussing the subject is being spent on making oneself look knowledgeable. In the same way that yeast puffs up bread - lofty language can puff up a dialog or treatise - adding empty words for the sake of the author's erudite posture.
What a great exercise it is to go back over our own work and remove all loftiness! How we shudder to replace 'insouciantly' with 'light heartedly' - we want people to know how brilliant we are!Brother, brilliance cannot be hidden by simple text, nor can it be counterfeited by exalted speech.
posted by Daniel/

Lord Have Mercy On Us
In Christ Jesus Name I ask according John 14:13,14

Old 05-21-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Love is a fruit of the Spirit
Patience is a fruit of the Spirit
Longsuffering
Meekness
Self-control
Temperance
What happened to humility? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Pride comes before a fall.
Knowledge puffeth up.
In reading a clip over at Centurion's blog I was reminded of my old university days.

Back in university (before I came to Christ) it was the common practice of everyone I knew (myself being no exception) to spend our leisure time in exalted and philosophical debate - during which time we could showcase the various tidbits of knowledge we had picked up, and extol their worth in the grandest language we were able to muster. In this way we hoped to demonstrate our intellectual superiority - or at the very least, or intellectual right to assume a place in the grand halls of our dear old university. It was quite important to each of us that we appear learned and erudite to all our colleagues. In this pursuit our vocabularies swelled, and we sought at every opportunity to demonstrate their massive girth.After university I attended a technical college - and the atmosphere was entirely different. Here successful communication didn't involve lofty language - but rather successful communication was gauged on how easily understood one was. Direct speech, without all the glitter, was preferred.

Between the two experiences I began to understand that any writer can express themselves using technical language - but only truly talented writers can express themselves in common language.

As a musician I am not impressed by the technical brilliance of a movement - I am impressed by the art of the movement - does it speak to me, does it move me? Or is it simply an articulate expression of timing, tone, and cadence? Anyone can learn to master an instrument - but few people can learn to express themselves through an instrument.

In this same way I am impressed not by large vocabularies and complex sentences - they simply tell me that the author has some base proficiency in the things he is discussing. But when a writer can explain a complex issue in a way that a child could understand - then I am in the presence of brilliance - and I am rightly impressed.

Knowledge of a subject can puff up discussion about that subject - because part of the effort in discussing the subject is being spent on making oneself look knowledgeable. In the same way that yeast puffs up bread - lofty language can puff up a dialog or treatise - adding empty words for the sake of the author's erudite posture.
What a great exercise it is to go back over our own work and remove all loftiness! How we shudder to replace 'insouciantly' with 'light heartedly' - we want people to know how brilliant we are!Brother, brilliance cannot be hidden by simple text, nor can it be counterfeited by exalted speech.
Lord Have Mercy On Us
In Christ Jesus Name I ask according John 14:13,14
posted by Daniel @ 10:02 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment
<< Home
This is a forum where people debate. I do not come here for fellowship.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:47 PM

YouTube - Amazing Grace - Judy Collins and the choir (1970 RARE!!)

Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Thanks Ywhshalom, good post. and the beautiful song my friend..Now, I will check the TOS to see if we have to debate, because If we do I have been in the wrong place for over two years..I thought I was making friends as I planted a few seeds and let the Lord do the rest

Okay, I will debate.."By the Grace of God we are saved."end of debate
Good night my friends..God Bless you all..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity