Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 09:51 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That is ok Beloved. One day you will understand your errors, that God is love, not the love we fallen humans think we can comprehend but a love beyond our ability to grasp that first and foremost gives Him the glory. It doesn't
You know absolutely nothing of the true God, for you oppose His word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 09:55 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,569,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
You know absolutely nothing of the true God, for you oppose His word.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:02 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,730 times
Quote:
I am not denying anything. Let's play law here. Does it say God has His chosen-the ones He changed to go against their own nature and seek righteousness, those He elected; predestined to go to heaven? YES!

Does the bible say, that God has His chosen-the ones He made evil, deliberately active in making them do wickedness, those He elected; predestined to hell? NO!

People go to hell because they sent themselves there, God is not responsible. You say read between the lines; well that is what universalism do is read between the lines. I can't and will not assume. I only go from what is in scripture, some things make sense and others don't but I am satisfied that in my perverted, fallen, warped state there are things that I will never comprehend, all I know is He does everything for His glory.
Fundy, imagine a room full of people. It's a big party and everyone is having fun and talking with each other. You're in the kitchen with servers. You give the servers a list of people who is going to get cake. The servers know everyone and carry cake to those folks on the list that you decided were going to get cake. Now after the cake is passed out, those that did not get cake, KNOW that they didn't get cake are a bit disturbed and a bit hungry and wonder if they are going to get cake, too.

Did YOU decide which folks DIDN'T get cake?

Old 06-27-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Fundy, imagine a room full of people. It's a big party and everyone is having fun and talking with each other. You're in the kitchen with servers. You give the servers a list of people who is going to get cake. The servers know everyone and carry cake to those folks on the list that you decided were going to get cake. Now after the cake is passed out, those that did not get cake, KNOW that they didn't get cake are a bit disturbed and a bit hungry and wonder if they are going to get cake, too.

Did YOU decide which folks DIDN'T get cake?
How about this? Imagine you are in a crowd of 100 strangers on the street and you decide to give 25 people out that 100 $50.00 each. Are you being unfair to the other 75 people? Do the other 75 people have a right to call you unfair? Did the 25 people who you gave the money to deserve it?

Old 06-27-2009, 10:20 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,730 times
Quote:
How about this? Imagine you are in a crowd of 100 strangers on the street and you decide to give 25 people out that 100 $50.00 each. Are you being unfair to the other 75 people? Do the other 75 people have a right to call you unfair? Did the 25 people who you gave the money to deserve it?
I didn't even read your rant, just answer the question.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
I didn't even read your rant, just answer the question.
Your question does not work. People who go to a party believed they are in entitle to things like cake. We are entitled to nothing from God.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:30 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,776,220 times
Fine.... Even with your own question.....Whether fair or not, it doesn't matter, You still choose who got the money, and who did NOT. Fair has nothing to do with it. You still made the choice.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
Fine.... Even with your own question.....Whether fair or not, it doesn't matter, You still choose who got the money, and who did NOT. Fair has nothing to do with. You still made the choice.
Yes God makes the choice-He is the one who shelled out the money, He always does that, this is His elect, that is why they call them "His chosen" Abraham, Noah, Moses, Job, the disciples etc... all His chosen. He chose them

Old 06-27-2009, 10:42 AM

I understand this a a difficult doctrine and many hate it; despise it and believe it comes from the bowel of hell but it is in scripture. No Christian could come up with such a doctrine on their own for that matter the doctrine of an eternal hell. What you accuse me of is what universalist accuse you of.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:45 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,776,220 times
Quote:
Yes God makes the choice-He is the one who shelled out the money, He always does that, this is His elect, that is why they call them "His chosen" Abraham, Noah, Moses, Job, the disciples etc... all His chosen. He chose them
So you're admitting The Choose both who did and didn't get the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity