Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 10:50 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
So you're admitting The Choose both who did and didn't get the money.
I admit God is the only one to choose to give the money. I used that example of showing "fairness"

double predestination is God deliberately makes people evil in order to send them to hell, that is not scriptural since we are all destined to hell from the beginning of birth, it is God who CHOOSES to save some by granting them repentance allowing them to turn back and seek righteousness.

The bible says, God's desire is for all to be saved. So why aren't all saved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 10:55 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I admit God is the only one to choose to give the money. I used that example of showing "fairness"

double predestination is God deliberately makes people evil in order to send them to hell, since we are all destined to hell from the beginning of birth, it is God who CHOOSES to save some by granting them repentance allowing to turn back and seek righteousness.

Do you think God could ever have demonstrated His love to man any other way than dying for Him when he was at is worst ?.

Your answer to this will tell you why man fell and the whole purpose and plan of God through the ages

Old 06-27-2009, 11:00 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you think God could ever have demonstrated His love to man any other way than dying for Him when he was at is worst ?.

Your answer to this will tell you why man fell and the whole purpose and plan of God through the ages
I already know the answer. It is for His glory; that's it. God dying for man is a bi product of Him getting the glory. If dying for us doesn't give Him the glory then He wouldn't have done it.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:10 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,276 times
Quote:

double predestination is God deliberately makes people evil in order to send them to hell, that is not scriptural since we are all destined to hell from the beginning of birth, it is God who CHOOSES to save some by granting them repentance allowing them to turn back and seek righteousness.

Cause, for one I don't believe in predestination, We have to choose him.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:14 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,759 times
Quote:
Cause, for one I don't believe in predestination, We have to choose him.
Then you dont believe the bible or the Gospel if you dont believe in predestination..

Old 06-27-2009, 11:17 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
Then you dont believe the bible or the Gospel if you dont believe in predestination..
That's your opinion, I certainly believe in the Gospel. Just because I hold to the traditional way of viewing, doesn't mean I don't believe in it.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:20 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,127,387 times
Quote:

[

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth here Fundy and ignoring plain logic and reason. The fact is, according to you, God chose some to be saved. Therefore, according to your doctrine, He leaves the rest to burn in eternal torture, because He didn't choose to save them. God could have saved all, but didn't - why not? Especially since He desires to save all?

Now, according to you, we are all born deserving an eternal hell. So who made us in this state? Ourselves? Adam? Satan? Lets put the power where it belongs. God is the one who has created everything in the state that it is in . That is why He is responsible.

Quote:
They will be, as the bible says. You just don't believe the scriptures.

God is not inept as you make Him out to be. He will actually achieve His desires.

Peace.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:30 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,127,387 times
Quote:
I am not denying anything. Let's play law here. Does it say God has His chosen-the ones He changed to go against their own nature and seek righteousness, those He elected; predestined to go to heaven? YES!
Agreed.

Quote:
Does the bible say, that God has His chosen-the ones He made evil, deliberately active in making them do wickedness, those He elected; predestined to hell? NO!
That's because the bible doesn't say that anyone goes to an eternal hell.

Look. You are saying God created people who are so evil in themselves that they deserve hell. God in His ultimate foreknowledge, knew that the people He Himself created would be so evil, that they would only be deserving of hell. So, God also created an eternal hell for His own creation, because He knew they would be so evil. And then God only decided to save some of them.

And God is not responsible??!?!???!??

And this is loving and justice?

Keep living in your dream world.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
That's your opinion, I certainly believe in the Gospel. Just because I hold to the traditional way of viewing, doesn't mean I don't believe in it.
No its not my opinion, its Gods word..you dont believe in Gods word..

Old 06-27-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Especially since He desires to save all?
God doesnt desire to save all or He would do it..job 23:

13But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

You witnessing for the wrong god..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity