Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 09:23 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,664,170 times

Advertisements

...... ..............................

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 09:24 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,306,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...... ..............................

Yep, that's it.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:30 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,664,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Yep, that's it.
.......yep!...

Old 09-05-2009, 09:32 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,534,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Universalists only!!!!!

What does this verse mean in your opinion???

MATTHEW 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Ihonestly want to know your opinion!!!
My curiosity is getting the best of me!!!

BTW I have never believed in the eternal torture called hell!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Geez... I come back and .... I wasn't going to answer but... ok

I'll take a stab at it

Just off the top of my head I'd say that the word "hell"
is geenna (a copy and paste). Which to the Jewish people meant the place they abhorred since it was supposedly used to house a false god to whom the godless would throw children into fire to appease.

So then they threw their garbage and criminals who were dead to burn it/them. A wasteland! but that is how I heard the story anyway.

So perhaps He meant that your body is ruined by your sins and so is your soul. *shrugs*

look at 10:29!!! "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. "

I have no idea why He's talking about sparrows or why you would sell them.. I thought they were the birds flying around outside my house... Why would you sell them? That is troubling!
Hope that helps!

Old 09-05-2009, 09:32 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,502,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You say this after already saying that my answer will be nonsense and I am supposed to believe you mean to bless me. You can think of me however you like, but trying to fake that you care about me just isn't working.

And after knowing your already going to say anything I write is nonsense gives me what incentive to bother?

This is ridiculous.
I`ve learned that a lot of the church followers on here unfortunately result to insults and personal attacks all the time. When they cannot refute scripture that is what they do. It isn`t a coincidence that a lot of people have such a negative view of the church. I believe this is one of the reasons. They will say God bless and how they want to learn out of one side of their mouth while hurling insults and sarcasm out of the other. It`s obvious that most have no interest in learning and having a discussion.. They are just here to proclaim what they have been taught and if you don`t agree with them, then the insults start. Once they start down that road, you just except them for what they are and move on. God is the one that has to do a work in them. All of the love talk rings hollow after awhile, when it`s insult after insult.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:37 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,534,337 times
Quote:
Yea, over look the scripture. Learn the language so you can read the Jewish bible, but like youd did with what I provided, you will only pick and choose what fits your man-made doctrine.
Why are you always tooting your horn about the "learn the language so you can read the Jewish bible" stuff?

It sounds egocentric which may be why you think God would torment others (not yourself of course) for eternity rather than saving them all for Himself.

I'm just saying....oh and I've taken to spacing out my paragraphs... looks quite tidy... Thanks for the advice.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:37 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,306,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I`ve learned that a lot of the church followers on here unfortunately result to insults and personal attacks all the time. When they cannot refute scripture that is what they do. It isn`t a coincidence that a lot of people have such a negative view of the church. I believe this is one of the reasons. They will say God bless and how they want to learn out of one side of their mouth while hurling insults and sarcasm out of the other. It`s obvious that most have no interest in learning and having a discussion.. They are just here to proclaim what they have been taught and if you don`t agree with them, then the insults start. Once they start down that road, you just except them for what they are and move on. God is the one that has to do a work in them. All of the love talk rings hollow after awhile, when it`s insult after insult.
Oh, please noone is attacking you, only showing you error in what you believe by showing you scripture. Don't even bother to try to play the oh my, they are picking on us. Simply put, there is not much to pick on.

And as you say, God will have to do the work in you.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
You UR's better hurry up anf figure out your answer or your beliefs are gonna lose all credibility!!!!!

HELLO!!!!
Lose credibility with who? Noone is here to change your mind almost. Noone is here to convince you of anything. Only God can do that. The only thing we can do is provide scripture. You can then start your insults and attacks if you don`t like it. Then end you sarcastic insulting post with God Bless. Unfortunately or fortunately,depending on how you look at it, there are lurkers on here that see the way you post and your beliefs and can see that you hold the popular view of the church. It`s obvious who the church followers are and the spirit of their post. It`s here for all to see. Perhaps God is using you in a way you never knew.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
. Simply put, there is not much to pick on.
Wow, real nice. I rest my case.
Lurkers, are you watching.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:46 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,950,587 times
Quote:
Yea, over look the scripture. Learn the language so you can read the Jewish bible, but like youd did with what I provided, you will only pick and choose what fits your man-made doctrine.
The implication you make regaurding learning the language is false.

If it is up to God to Save. Is it up to God? Is God the final authority on who ACTUALLY is saved? Well I believe that HE IS. So if I believe that God is the final authority and I believe that only through Christ will a man be saved, then I have the right idea.

1Ti 2:4 Who wishes all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

And Gods wish can be rightly said to be his desire

1Ti 2:4 Who desires all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Your scriptural translation was never the problem. It is your unscriptural declaration that "not all will come to God" You can intepret scripture that way if you like, but you still create a contradiction and you want to hide this fact, you continue to hide it and obscure it.

Isaiah 46:10.... You can try to take the knowledge high ground and continue your condescending nonsense to hide your error in talking about reading the language, but you cannot get around the wording even in ancient hebrew.

God not only says his desire he will do, he says ALL his DESIRE he will do. Or, He WILL do ALL his DESIRE, He Will Do ALL his pleasure.

So if God is the FINAL AUTHORITY concerning WHO is SAVED and it is his DESIRE that ALL men be saved and ALL his DESIRE he will do, then FINE.....

He will DO ALL his DESIRE.

If you do not believe that, THAT is YOUR problem. But I used YOUR translation to prove what GOD says.

To say "not all men will come to him" is a contradiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity