Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 01:58 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,010 times

Advertisements

Would you be referring to the Christian adulterers who made your tummy twist? Or those Christians who say adultery is sin....

It is your JESUS who speaking of adulterers said:

Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Better get some Pepto Bismal for your tummy... your Jesus also said....

Mat 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

Mat 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
This was posted by Harold Kupp

HK[/quote]

Harold, like I said, I think Christians are the biggest turnoff to Christianity, . . . . enough said, Blessings,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 02:00 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Christy, I felt compelled to return to this post given Alan Molstad's point of view on the subject matter. I cannot understand how people whom are supposedly of one mind with you, can so easily turn off the "love" spigot merely because they are in the middle. How could a person do that to one whom you claim as your "brother?"

The inactions of my former brethren coupled with Alan Molstad's confirmed words have been the proverbial "last nail in the coffin." I have no desire to be associated with a people who claim to be God's definition of love in word only.
Well...you have to know Fundy....he doesn't think I am his sister in Christ either....just because I don't believe in the same doctrine and dogma he does.

I wholeheartedly agree with you when it comes to people who "claim" to be "christian". The truest measure of a Christian, in my opinion, is their fruit....if the fruit is rotten then their a "fake" christian....if the fruit is good....then they are "true" christians. Those who judge because you don't sit in a pew on Sunday and fill the collection plate....those are the "fake" christians. I love to be out in the world with the truly LOST people who need Gods love and mercy....I show people Gods love by what I do for them whether it be financial help, a meal, clothes or just someone they can talk to. Telling people God loves them is all well and good but showing them is sooooo much better and leaves a lasting impression. I believe alot of Christians have just missed the boat when it comes to what they are supposed to be doing versus what they actually do. Some think ramming judgment and condemnation down a persons throat is telling them the "truth" while they show no love or compassion for the person. Am I jaded about "Churchianity"....you betcha!!!! I'd venture to say that Jesus would be too if he were here with us today and could see how we've taken a simple message of love and forgiveness and completed mangled it. I'd rather be in the world helping the LOST than sitting in a church pretending to.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:10 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Hey TimothyLogan I know what you mean. I don't go to church anymore, but when I did I couldn't get over how judgemental they were. For a group of folks who say not to judge others they sure were off the chain! For example, they decided that going to the beach (to swim with others) was wrong therefore church "members" were really looked down upon and chastised for going there.
There are judgemental church going people on here. I guess this is where some of them come when they leave church.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:25 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
From my numerous and varied experiences with "Institutionalized Church"...the only thing they truly value is the money you give them to line their pockets and build their congregational entertainment centers that benefits, not the lost, but those who attend...while the lost continue to wallow in their lostness...I'm sure Jesus would be proud!
True,Christy. It`s like anything else. Once money gets involved then greed starts to manifest itself and it`s all about the money and everything is just a mask or coverup to get more money. Look at our government and politics. Look at big business and the corporate greed.Unfortunately,church is no different. Look at the millions made off of christian books and the money made off of God`s name. But the people that are getting taken,don`t even know it. They defend it. It`s amazing that they are blind to getting ripped off. Watch any tv evangilist and the money they make off of books, the houses they live in,the cars they drive,their material possessions, and so called christians support them and keep sending in their hard earned money. These charlatans even convince the sheep that it`s biblical. That`s what I mean about people believing in churchology and following the doctrines of men. These salesmen can convince their flock of anything as long as they say it with a bible in their hand. The uneducated follow them like a sheep to slaughter.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:53 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,480 times
Quote:

Again, you are willing to turn your back on a "brother in Christ" simply because you're caught in the middle.
Perhaps you misunderstand my post?

I dont think my story shows me turning my back on anyone.

however only a fool will think that life after a divorce will go right on as normal.....cuz it dont.

and only a fool would think that the married friendships you have will not be effected if you and your wife split up....

Trust me, it changes everything....

Everything....

Yes, you can still make attempts to include a friend on your married couple outings that is right in the middle of a divorce.
But one of the things you will notice is that staying friends with the husband who is getting divorced will, (by the very nature you are still trying to remain friends with him) end up to be seen as being on "His Side"

The same is true for our attempts to reach out to the wife who was getting divorced.
The closer you slide up to her, the more you will be on "her side"

And while in a dream world we would like to remain neutral, (Like Switzerland...LOL) the true is that you are going to end up on one side or the other no matter what.

Now in the situation with our friends, the history is that they seemed to split up with the wife dropping of our church radar.
I never really knew what became of her.
My wife and I have made attempts over the years on the computer to find her, but have yet to .

I have just in the last month found some new information, (Only 4 years old) about my guy friend and have sent off an email to an address....

time will tell if it is to a current account.

I have a gut feeling that both of them have moved out of this country as both were not native to the USA.

So I would not use the term "Turned my back" on them, rather ...well...this is what life is like.

Divorce has a tendency to cause splits in family and friendships.
But life goes on......

Old 10-30-2009, 05:14 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
True,Christy. It`s like anything else. Once money gets involved then greed starts to manifest itself and it`s all about the money and everything is just a mask or coverup to get more money. Look at our government and politics. Look at big business and the corporate greed.Unfortunately,church is no different. Look at the millions made off of christian books and the money made off of God`s name. But the people that are getting taken,don`t even know it. They defend it. It`s amazing that they are blind to getting ripped off. Watch any tv evangilist and the money they make off of books, the houses they live in,the cars they drive,their material possessions, and so called christians support them and keep sending in their hard earned money. These charlatans even convince the sheep that it`s biblical. That`s what I mean about people believing in churchology and following the doctrines of men. These salesmen can convince their flock of anything as long as they say it with a bible in their hand. The uneducated follow them like a sheep to slaughter.
It's a very sad situation and one that gives Christianity a very bad name. It turns off so many that are truly seeking a genuine relationship with God. That is why I have separated myself from the "worldly" churches we have created and now spend my time with those who are lost and truly in need of God. That is our true mission field....not sitting in a church, spending money on ourselves, judging everyone who comes in the door, etc. The Good News is for those who are lost....not for those who don't need the Good News....although I believe there are many sitting in churches who could benefit from hearing the Good News.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:10 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Perhaps you misunderstand my post?

I dont think my story shows me turning my back on anyone.

however only a fool will think that life after a divorce will go right on as normal.....cuz it dont.

and only a fool would think that the married friendships you have will not be effected if you and your wife split up....

Trust me, it changes everything....

Everything....

Yes, you can still make attempts to include a friend on your married couple outings that is right in the middle of a divorce.
But one of the things you will notice is that staying friends with the husband who is getting divorced will, (by the very nature you are still trying to remain friends with him) end up to be seen as being on "His Side"

The same is true for our attempts to reach out to the wife who was getting divorced.
The closer you slide up to her, the more you will be on "her side"

And while in a dream world we would like to remain neutral, (Like Switzerland...LOL) the true is that you are going to end up on one side or the other no matter what.

Now in the situation with our friends, the history is that they seemed to split up with the wife dropping of our church radar.
I never really knew what became of her.
My wife and I have made attempts over the years on the computer to find her, but have yet to .

I have just in the last month found some new information, (Only 4 years old) about my guy friend and have sent off an email to an address....

time will tell if it is to a current account.

I have a gut feeling that both of them have moved out of this country as both were not native to the USA.

So I would not use the term "Turned my back" on them, rather ...well...this is what life is like.

Divorce has a tendency to cause splits in family and friendships.
But life goes on......
Alan, take it from a guy who is no longer with his former wife...things change mightily! I've changed mightily. But again, I don't see this a a reason for so-called "brothers in Christ" to leave you stranded when one most needs a brother and a friend.

Had I been in those mens' place, I would have at least called to see how brother so-and-so was doing. Maybe that brother needed someone to talk to that day. Maybe he needed someone to invite him over for dinner to show him a little concern for his wellbeing.

This is how men of commitment respond towards each other when the other hurts or is going thru a difficult situation.
You do that at the expense of offending possibly even that brother's ex-wife. But, you do it nonetheless because you're a man of commitment.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
ation.
You do that at the expense of offending possibly even that brother's ex-wife.
trust me, you will be tossed out with the bathwater....

Old 10-30-2009, 07:46 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
trust me, you will be tossed out with the bathwater....
You forgot to quote this part Alan..."But, you do it nonetheless because you're a man of commitment."

If I get tossed out with the bathwater...so be it!!! Doing the right thing may at times have unsavory results. But, so be it!!!

That is the gamble men of true commitment take in the name brotherliness, faithfulness, loyalty and of doing what is right. A few of us understand these concepts.

The majority obviously don't.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
You forgot to quote this part Alan..."But, you do it nonetheless because you're a man of commitment."

to my wife, I gave a vow,,,

to my friends?...no such vow.
none.
zip.

When a person starts to think about getting a divorce, one of the things they better understand up front so that there is no need for finger pointing later is...

That the divorce will split up the family, the friendships, the whole apple cart.

It will change everything.

Only a fool would think to themselves that "I can divorce my wife and all my friend's lives will remain unaffected by my actions"

The truth is, that a divorce can change EVERYTHING!
and you cant just hide behind your skirt and pretend you don't see it.

Now why do so many people that get divorced also turn on others who were also affected by their divorce and act offended by this?....
I think of the many reasons for this is self pity...self delusion...and self denial.

They live in a dream world.

My advice is: Wake up and smell the coffee kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity