Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:07 PM

33,245 posts, read 26,455,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
So, straight from the horses mouth (yours).....because I don't put stock in what other human beings/ "men" teach & preach but get my teaching straight from God, I am learning "false" teaching from a "false" teacher?
You mean when Jesus said we had "One Teacher"...he wasn't speaking about God? Silly me....all this time I thought Jesus was speaking about God.
Christ was condemning the false teachings of the Pharisees.

You are not getting your teaching straight from God. The things you believe are completely unscriptural.

You obviously don't believe what Eph. 4:11-15 has to say about the purpose of the pastor.

This is way off the topic of the thread. And I only have so much patience with ignorant people. And I did say several posts ago, that I had given my final reply to you, so I am on to other things.

Anyone is free to go into any of my posts and examine what has been written and make of it what you will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 01:11 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yeah well, there is a world of difference between true spiritual Christianity and the Christianity that many practice which it seems they must have gotten of the back of a crackerjack box.
I still love ya....even if Fundy and Mike don't...and I'm much better looking...ROFL

Old 10-20-2009, 01:13 PM

33,245 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
God is not wrath period , none of your threatening scriptures say God is wrath.

The fallen nature of man is the wrath of God . Read Genesis 3
I just gave you two passages that do say God is wrathful and the best you can do is to say that they don't say it. That is called denial. And with that, you have shown yourself to be unreasonable and not worth bothering with.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:14 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
wow....such love not to mention self righteousness and oh so judgmental
Give me a break fundamentalist ... I'm sorry if my view of traditional fundamental Christianity is a bit extreme, but that doesn't have anything to do with my love for all people or my being judgmental of them. I believe they(fundamentalists) are simply deceived, believe me my heart truly goes out to you. You believe the same of me so stop throwing rocks or your bound to hit yourself with one. Is its self-righteous to believe your understanding is more accurate than others? Than every Christian who has ever lived is self righteous. The fact of the matter is we are all guilty of every sin, so stop trying to point fingers like a child and say something significant why don't ya?

Old 10-20-2009, 01:15 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Give me a break fundamentalist ... Im sorry if my view of traditional fundamental Christianity is a bit extreme, but that doesn't have anything to do with my love for all people or my being judgmental of them. I believe thay are deceived. You believe the same of me so stop throwing rocks or your bound to hit yourself with one. Is it self righteous to believe your understanding is more accurate than others? Than every Christian who has ever lived is self righteous. The fact of the matter is we are all guilty of every sin, so stop trying to point fingers like a child and say something significant why don't ya?
Love how you paint a picture of what I was saying by twisting.......not to mention pride .

Old 10-20-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
not to mention pride
Yes im proud and arrogant and sarcastic and i lie and i cheat and i steal and i am an hypocrite and ... etc etc etc. So is/does everyone else though some are/do so more or less than others. Including you ...

Old 10-20-2009, 01:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I just gave you two passages that do say God is wrathful and the best you can do is to say that they don't say it. That is called denial. And with that, you have shown yourself to be unreasonable and not worth bothering with.
They do not say God "is" wrath at all,you said that not the scriptures , read it again, "of" and "is" have two entire different meanings.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:21 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
You are not getting your teaching straight from God. The things you believe are completely unscriptural.
And the god Mike has spoken because he knows what's in my heart...you don't know a frakkin thing about me nor about what I believe. Nor can you make a claim like that. You are so blinded by your dogma you wouldn't recognize God if he came up and knocked you upside your head.

Quote:
You obviously don't believe what Eph. 4:11-15 has to say about the purpose of the pastor.
False teachers abound....just look at the divisions in Christianity. I follow no one "blindly" like you do. Just because someone calls themself a pastor, teacher, preacher, etc...does not mean they are from God or have Gods annointing. I go to God to see if what I've learned is from Him and if not I discard it as the "foolishness of man".

Quote:
This is way off the topic of the thread. And I only have so much patience with ignorant people. And I did say several posts ago, that I had given my final reply to you, so I am on to other things.

Anyone is free to go into any of my posts and examine what has been written and make of it what you will.
Perhaps you should go back to see who took us off topic...I only responded to what you posted...it was afterall, your thread. If you can't take the heat of opposition to your false and ignorant views...then you need to get out of the kitchen brother!

Old 10-20-2009, 01:21 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Yes im proud and arrogant and sarcastic and i lie and i cheat and i steal and i am an hypocrite and ... etc etc etc. So is/does everyone else though some are/do so more or less than others. Including you ...
Of course I am full of that also so if we are both the same then how are you more loving than I?

Old 10-20-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Of course I am full of that also so if we are both the same then how are you more loving than I?
Where and when did i say that i was more loving than you? Geese ... see how this is regressing to being personal? Can we just move on and or continue with the OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity