Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 12:08 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: deleted to adhere to copyright on city-data The following is from Internet Biblical Resources These passages are comparisons of Old and New Testament passages which show quite clearly that Jesus is God. It can perhaps be read more easily from the actual site where it is presented in a side by side format. The address has been provided at the bottom of the post.

Here it is:

YWHW and Christ in Isaiah 40-48 and the New Testament
Christ is the same as YHWH ISAIAH NEW TESTAMENT

1. YHWH is the "First and the Last: Christ is the "First and the Last"
"I, YHWH, am the first; And with the last I am He." (Isaiah 41:4) "I am the First and the Last. (Rev. 1:17)
"These things says the First and the Last" (Rev. 2:8)

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last." (Rev. 22:13)

[b]Here's The website:

Christ is Yahweh (http://www.biblicalresources.info/pages/isaiah/yhwhchrist.html - broken link)

Last edited by june 7th; 05-28-2010 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Reformatted to adhere to forum's copyright policy. DM mod if necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 03:59 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Amen...... yes, Christ is our God ! Hallelujah !!

I remember when I first believe and the Holy Spirit was leading me through the scripture, He began to show me that Jesus was God. It was like yesterday when it happen, it is so real to my heart and I think upon that day..... it was so awesome because I was not even seeking it and yet, the Holy Spirit in my morning devotion, reading & studying the word the Spirit of God just opened it that day.
I'll never forget how when I saw it, it was like the room was all dark and someone came in and turned the light on, which in all reality the Holy Spirit did turn the light on in my heart !!!

I pray that those who doubt and say no it is not true, just let the Spirit of God have your heart for a few minutes with no reservations and He will reveal it to you. It is a beautiful thing to watch God bring His living word to life in your heart..... Amen !!! Praise the Lord !!!

Blessings.... Mike, and thank you !!! I hope those who are seeking fall upon this thread. Actually, I know God will lead them here !!!

Old 05-28-2010, 04:06 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, (6) nevertheless for us there is one God, the Father, out of Whom all is, and we for Him, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom all is, and we through Him." (7) But not in all is there this knowledge..." 1 Cor 8:5-7

For us there is one God, not Jesus Christ but the Father.

And for us there is one Lord, Jesus Christ.

Notice in the above that God is the source of all and Christ is the channel?

I doubt many of you see this because it destroys your indoctrination from your youth to the present.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:10 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Hey Mike, if YHWH actually IEUE is the Christ of the Old Testament then how come David said this:

Psa 110:1 A Davidic Psalm The averring of Yahweh to my Lord: Sit at My right Until I should set Your enemies as a stool for Your feet.

Jesus was David's Lord. Yahwey was saying to Jesus: "Sit at My right . . . ."

Old 05-28-2010, 06:25 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
We're splitting hairs - one nature, in perfect agreement.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen...... yes, Christ is our God ! Hallelujah !!

I remember when I first believe and the Holy Spirit was leading me through the scripture, He began to show me that Jesus was God. It was like yesterday when it happen, it is so real to my heart and I think upon that day..... it was so awesome because I was not even seeking it and yet, the Holy Spirit in my morning devotion, reading & studying the word the Spirit of God just opened it that day.
I'll never forget how when I saw it, it was like the room was all dark and someone came in and turned the light on, which in all reality the Holy Spirit did turn the light on in my heart !!!

I pray that those who doubt and say no it is not true, just let the Spirit of God have your heart for a few minutes with no reservations and He will reveal it to you. It is a beautiful thing to watch God bring His living word to life in your heart..... Amen !!! Praise the Lord !!!

Blessings.... Mike, and thank you !!! I hope those who are seeking fall upon this thread. Actually, I know God will lead them here !!!
That was beautiful. Thank you Latte'Chic. And you're welcome. Yes, God will always reveal the truth to those who desire and seek it.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Hey Mike, if YHWH actually IEUE is the Christ of the Old Testament then how come David said this:

Psa 110:1 A Davidic Psalm The averring of Yahweh to my Lord: Sit at My right Until I should set Your enemies as a stool for Your feet.

Jesus was David's Lord. Yahwey was saying to Jesus: "Sit at My right . . . ."

Psalm 110:1 Of David. A psalm. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet."

Read the commentary. Come to a knowledge of the truth. Or continue to resist and reject it. Your choice.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, (6) nevertheless for us there is one God, the Father, out of Whom all is, and we for Him, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom all is, and we through Him." (7) But not in all is there this knowledge..." 1 Cor 8:5-7

For us there is one God, not Jesus Christ but the Father.

And for us there is one Lord, Jesus Christ.

Notice in the above that God is the source of all and Christ is the channel?

I doubt many of you see this because it destroys your indoctrination from your youth to the present.
Isaiah 43:10 "You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, In order that you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me. 11) ''I, even I , am the LORD; And there is no savior besides Me.

John 8:24 ''I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am, you shall die in your sins.''

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, ''Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.''

Acts 14:12 ''And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved.''

Link:

I Am statements of Jesus

The Trinity in this Isaiah passage:

Isa 48:16 ''Come near to Me, listen to this; From the first I have not spoken in secret, From the time it took place, I was there. And now the Lord GOD has sent Me, and His Spirit.'' This is a clear declaration from the Old Testament of the triune nature of God. this is in fact Jesus Himself speaking in the first person.

The passage continues, 17) Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel; 'I am the LORD your God, who teaches you to profit.

Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trepassess, according to the riches of His grace.

Syllogism: God is the redeemer. Jesus Christ is the redeemer. Therefore, Jesus Christ is God.

Those who deny the deity of Christ are without excuse.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:24 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:31 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Isaiah 43:10 "You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, In order that you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me. 11) ''I, even I , am the LORD; And there is no savior besides Me.

John 8:24 ''I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am, you shall die in your sins.''

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, ''Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.''

Acts 14:12 ''And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved.''

Link:

I Am statements of Jesus

The Trinity in this Isaiah passage:

Isa 48:16 ''Come near to Me, listen to this; From the first I have not spoken in secret, From the time it took place, I was there. And now the Lord GOD has sent Me, and His Spirit.'' This is a clear declaration from the Old Testament of the triune nature of God. this is in fact Jesus Himself speaking in the first person.

The passage continues, 17) Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel; 'I am the LORD your God, who teaches you to profit.

Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trepassess, according to the riches of His grace.

Syllogism: God is the redeemer. Jesus Christ is the redeemer. Therefore, Jesus Christ is God.

Those who deny the deity of Christ are without excuse.
What about this "I am " Statement:
"While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

Is Paul God? He said: "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me."
Picking and choosing which 'ego eimi' phrase is saying they are God... Even in the OT God is shown to say "I am the Lord"

I am is not God's proper name.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity