Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 12:52 PM

63,940 posts, read 40,210,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
UR people are wrong and that is all there is to it.
Well . . . that should do it . . . allen has spoken! . . . like Mammy Yokum. Any God that would eternally torment anyone for ANY reason without having some point to it other than torment . . . is NO God and pure EVIL . . . Pappy Yokum has spoken!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 01:01 PM

696 posts, read 916,969 times
The foolish part of the debate always arises in those who believe in false doctrine.

God does not torment anyone, nor does he have the blame for those who have chosen eternal seperation from Him.

You will torment yourself, because in the end you only have yourself to blame. Wake up world stop placing blame on God and putting your sins at His feet. Accept your own lack of faith. False Humility is still False. If you were once a believer and left, you never were a Christian. You still can accept Jesus. If you are not a believer. You can accept Jesus. But in the end if you dont you will only have yourself to blame.

And in regard to the original OP the comparison is not valid. There is only one Truth vs other truths. If you are not of one Truth then you are of other truths. As such you are of the world. You might claim to be of God and you might think you claim Christ, but deception is freely chosen. If you are outside of Truth you are outside of God and you shall not enter.

The Son is shining brightly. Its time to come into the Light. All else is darkness!

The teachings of a true teacher and disciple of the Living God!

http://www.gty.org/Resources/Sermons...alse+teachings

Old 06-12-2010, 01:05 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,407,149 times
Calling me names, providing no content, being jealous of my certainty only means one has nothing, and that one's thoughts move exactly from pre-loaded positions that I showed-one just doesn't have the stomach to admit what they are, either to us or to oneself. It indicates that within, deep within one's being, one knows I am onto something, but one has no method to counter with except ridicule, and can't stand the thought that one could be wrong. I guess the ol' saying is true, when one has nothing, attack the opponent's character.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:12 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,198,537 times
This is what usually happens at Camp David anyway...

Old 06-12-2010, 01:37 PM

63,940 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
Calling me names, providing no content, being jealous of my certainty only means one has nothing, and that one's thoughts move exactly from pre-loaded positions that I showed-one just doesn't have the stomach to admit what they are, either to us or to oneself. It indicates that within, deep within one's being, one knows I am onto something, but one has no method to counter with except ridicule, and can't stand the thought that one could be wrong. I guess the ol' saying is true, when one has nothing, attack the opponent's character.
The content you refused to see comes from deep within . . . somewhere you clearly have not ventured. It is where God has "written in our hearts" His TRUTH. You wallow in the words "written in ink" and refuse to venture deep within yourself to avail yourself of what God has "written in our hearts" to see the fundamental evil in the "precepts and doctrines of men" that you follow as truth. You are using satanic-inspired rationalizations that refer to our human weaknesses (vengeance, jealousy, envy, egotism, anger, etc.) . . . seeking to turn evil into good because it is supposed to be from God.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:02 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,407,149 times
"Deep within" is subjective and means nothing here-that ain't social. That is only for you and means nothing to any one. It is like thought, same way. Who cares what one feels, or what one thinks when ideas are discussed. It is what one says (or writes) that has any significance or value. A posting needs words, not some reference to some vague unknown place in some subjective deep down.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:21 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,544,425 times
Let's all just agree that God doesn't torture people... find one point of agreement and call it quits... Even though I would consider myself a universalist, I will admit the threads on it are boring as...well...heck. LOL

Old 08-04-2012, 04:39 PM

69 posts, read 68,736 times
No rational being would ever set up Hell! Only misanthropic, pathological people entertain Hell as necessary!Morality calls it evil!
Yeshua found it necessary and reveled in it! What a misanthrpe!

Old 07-12-2013, 11:28 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,223,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post

To me there is a fundamental discrepancy between christians being told to "love your enemies so you will be children of God"
That is not the Gospel. We love our enemies BECAUSE we are children of God--not to become children of God.
Quote:
and the belief that God will torment his enemies (unbelieving humans ) forever in a lake of fire.
He has said he will. Like it or not...that's what the Bible says.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:43 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
...snip...

He has said he will. Like it or not...that's what the Bible says.
Thank goodness so little of the bible is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity