Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2008, 01:31 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.F.D. View Post
NightBazzar,you are right about the Meeses smoking.That was my first smoke,however I only smoked when I was with them.Later in life I started smoking heavy.Smoked 3 packs a day for about 27 years then decided to lay them down.A.F.D.

Good for you A.D.F. Congratulations.

I find myself returning, again and again, to the HistoricAerials website showing the Manor as it was in 1968. Although I had been long gone at the time the images were taken, and there are a few changes, the Manor itself looks pretty much the same as when I lived there.

I can see where we lived. The playground behind our apt building. Where the Meeses lived. Where Monica lived. The laundry building next to the Eastside Woods. The infamous Mansion Hill. The school and grocery market. I can even see the drive-in theater across Madison Road near the Circle Drive area.

Looking at those images are just mind-blowing to me. It's an incredible look back in time. It really takes me back to when I lived at Stratford Manor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 03:27 PM

185 posts, read 458,779 times
Hyden,got that tree up yet?I know there is so much to do right now.I made my peanut butter balls & Martha Washington balls Friday evening.Still have a lot of candy to make,will make some to take to work.I`ve been off from work on medical leave but am out of FMLA for the year so have to go back tomorrow.There is just something wrong with that picture.LOL.Of course I will be retiring in March anyway.Sure will be nice.I`m really looking forward to getting out of the workforce.Well will catch you later.A.F.D.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:32 PM

Hey NightBazzar,I know what you mean about the views of the manor,I really loved living there.It sure brings back wonderful memories.It was like it was our own little world.A.F.D.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:15 PM

325 posts, read 1,125,211 times
A.F.D., I want to inform you that I got the tree up saturday, decorated yesterday. I still need to look for the tote that might have some pictures in it. I would like your recipes for the balls you made. Do you mind emailing them to me? My girls would probably like to look at them too, they are always trying to find new things to make for wednesday church. I'll go now, still haven't wrapped any gifts yet. Hyden

Old 12-22-2008, 04:17 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyden View Post

I would like your recipes for the balls you made. Do you mind emailing them to me?
Hmm. That reminds me, I need to make up a batch of Brandy Balls.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:20 PM

69 posts, read 269,633 times
I went to school with a girl named Sherry Green who lived in that little subdivision. I remember her inviting friends over to watch movies sometimes. (I think you had to be on her "A" list to be invited, and I don't think I was...lol)

Quote:
Hello All, I don't know anything about a tornado, seems like someone in the family would have mentioned it. I left Cinti (Norwood) june of 73, the next month after graduation. So I have been in KY about 5 hours away since then, but my parents, brothers and sister stayed. I live 7 miles from where my Mother was raised. Her 2 sisters are here ( 1next door and the about 15 miles) and too many cousins to count !!! Which also means that I have lost almost all my Ohio accent. But really when I was about 17 I worked at the Oakley Drive Inn...in the concection stand. When I would total thier stuff I would be asked several times if I was from KY. I guess it might have been because my parents were from here. Also the wages was $1.25 an hour, which was money then. Now there were a little sub division beside the fence of the parking, so to make up for that all those homes that could see the screen was suppied with a speaker. I gotta go got some running around to do. Hyden

Old 12-22-2008, 11:01 PM

Did anyone know the Powell's who lived on Shelbourne? I think the oldest was Mike or Mark (but not sure). I hung around with Dana and his younger sister Cathy.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:27 AM

325 posts, read 1,125,211 times
ChiDiana, I remember the last name of some that came to the Baptist church that was in a little white house on RedBank. I'll ask my brother, how old would they be now? Hyden

Old 12-23-2008, 12:12 PM

YEAH!I remember last year I didn`t get my tree up until Sat. before Christmas,my friends kept telling me they were going to put it up for me if I didn`t get busy.LOL.HOPE all of you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS & A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!!!! Here are the reciepes {PEANUT BUTTER BALLS}TWO BOXES CONF.SUGAR,ONE LB.BUTTER-[melted] and a two lb. jar of PEANUT BUTTER.Mix well & chill overnight in fridge.While you roll the mixture into small balls ,melt 3/4 bar of Gulf Wax with a 12oz. bag of choc.chips,in double boiler,when ready stick a toothpick into ball & dip in the melted choc. mixture & lay on waxed paper.
{MARTHA WASHINGTON BALLS}1can coconut,1c.pecans[chopped],1/2 lb.butter[melted],1can Eagle Brand milk,2 boxes conf. sugar.Mix well,chill for 1 hr. roll into small balls while you melt 3/4 bar Gulf Wax & 12 ozs. choc.chips,dip ball in the choc. mixture & lay on waxed paper.

r

Old 12-24-2008, 12:46 AM

Thanks, Hyden!

Quote:
ChiDiana, I remember the last name of some that came to the Baptist church that was in a little white house on RedBank. I'll ask my brother, how old would they be now? Hyden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati