Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2012, 08:18 PM

865 posts, read 1,472,669 times

Advertisements

Maybe the reason the attendence has been low lately, is because people don't want to listen to all that obnoxious howling that has been going at the games. I never would have thought that watching a Reds game would be unenjoyable for me, but lately, it has been. I REALLY hope that this does not continue next season. It's the most annoying thing I have ever heard. End rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 08:29 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciFan View Post
Maybe the reason the attendence has been low lately, is because people don't want to listen to all that obnoxious howling that has been going at the games. I never would have thought that watching a Reds game would be unenjoyable for me, but lately, it has been. I REALLY hope that this does not continue next season. It's the most annoying thing I have ever heard. End rant.
That is so true. The howling was obnoxious

Old 09-24-2012, 08:04 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Maybe the reason the attendence has been low lately, is because people don't want to listen to all that obnoxious howling that has been going at the games.
That is truly bizarre. Who let a pack of coyotes loose to roam the stands? That's what it sounds like.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That is truly bizarre. Who let a pack of coyotes loose to roam the stands? That's what it sounds like.
I know right. I've tried to watch every game but have had to stop myself everytime from throwing my TV out the window. It's so f****** obnoxious. It's a really sad day when I, of all people, cannot stand to watch a Reds game. You better believe that the next time I go to a game, and see someone doing that, it's not going to be a pleasant experience for them.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:30 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,015 times
Quote:
I know right. I've tried to watch every game but have had to stop myself everytime from throwing my TV out the window. It's so f****** obnoxious. It's a really sad day when I, of all people, cannot stand to watch a Reds game. You better believe that the next time I go to a game, and see someone doing that, it's not going to be a pleasant experience for them.
You would probably get along well with my dog. When she hears it she growls and barks at the TV. Definitely not a big fan.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
You would probably get along well with my dog. When she hears it she growls and barks at the TV. Definitely not a big fan.
Too bad there's not another "bring your doggie to the ballgame" coming up ... Your dog could have all kinds of fun.

My cats had no reaction to the howling, but they are indifferent to dogs, which they consider an inferior yet amusing species. Now if they heard other cats yowling in the stands, they'd be all over that TV!

Old 09-24-2012, 10:35 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Too bad there's not another "bring your doggie to the ballgame" coming up ... Your dog could have all kinds of fun.

My cats had no reaction to the howling, but they are indifferent to dogs, which they consider an inferior yet amusing species. Now if they heard other cats yowling in the stands, they'd be all over that TV!
Cats consider humans to be an inferior yet amusing species.

My wife feeds the squirrels on our back patio. She buys peanuts and puts them in a shallow bird path right next to our famiily room window sill. Our cat goes nuts thinking she is going to get one of those squirrels which frankly just ignore her. They stuff their pouches full and then off to bury them. This year we also have Doves by the droves. She feeds them feed corn off the cob which they seem to enjoy.

Our neighbor has two Springer Spaniels. When she lets them out they make a beeline for our back patio to chase the squirrels and Doves. Then the race to my storage building in the back yard to try and flush a groundhog out from under it. After they tire of that it is off to a pond in another neighbor's yard. This year due to lack of rain it is a mud pit rather than a pond. But she has them trained. When they come home covered in mud they stop next to their patio and she comes out and hoses them off. They then know they must lie on the patio for awhile to dry off before gaining entry to the house.

The neighbor installed one of those invisible fences to try and contain the dogs to their yard. The dogs just run right through it. They consulted a vet who said that breed has such a thick coat of flesh around the neck plus a very think cost of hair and undercoat it just doesn't feel the signal.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
Smart dog!

Old 09-24-2012, 04:34 PM

688 posts, read 1,117,401 times
Quote:
What howling? I watched the game Friday on TV and did not hear anything out of the ordinary. Is this something being pumped through the PA?

Old 09-24-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_master View Post
What howling? I watched the game Friday on TV and did not hear anything out of the ordinary. Is this something being pumped through the PA?
No. Some idiot starting howling at one of the games a couple weeks ago, and got some of the stands to do it too. One of the announcers made the mistake of saying "I kinda hope this catches on." So, now, at every home game we get to listen to some obnoxious Reds fans howling for no freaking reason whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati