Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state has the best lakes
Minnesota 105 26.38%
Michigan 122 30.65%
Wisconsin 35 8.79%
Maine 5 1.26%
New York 42 10.55%
New Hampshire 4 1.01%
Washington 14 3.52%
Vermont 1 0.25%
Idaho 8 2.01%
California 21 5.28%
Florida 14 3.52%
Texas 13 3.27%
Ohio 8 2.01%
Arizona 3 0.75%
Nevada 3 0.75%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 01:33 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,748,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
I voted for Michigan.

My favorite lake in Michigan? Silver Lake! (It's right next to Lake Michigan, with some beautiful sand dunes in between.)
SILVER LAKE . I love that lake . So much to see and do around there. That picture doesn't do it justice though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 08:21 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,255 times
california of course

Old 06-18-2010, 09:04 AM

648 posts, read 1,618,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Reading your posts is sickening.

Go back to Russia !
I would expect a classier comment from someone with such a high reputation, I did not take anything that far in this thread. Besides, I am Soviet born. I have lived in America since the 90s, when I was a young boy. I do not need to go back to Russia, I am an American now. Do not tell me what to do. I have left a bigger footprint than you probably ever will peasant. To attack my experience, when I have grown up in Soviet era Moscow and 90s Brooklyn to owning a business.. to attack my experience is idiotic.. based on not seeing the inland lakes in podunk midwest towns.. as if seeing those little hill lakes is anybody's true travel ambitions.

Last edited by RussianIvanov; 06-18-2010 at 09:19 AM..

Old 06-18-2010, 09:40 AM

10,747 posts, read 23,809,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
I would expect a classier comment from someone with such a high reputation, I did not take anything that far in this thread. Besides, I am Soviet born. I have lived in America since the 90s, when I was a young boy. I do not need to go back to Russia, I am an American now. Do not tell me what to do. I have left a bigger footprint than you probably ever will peasant. To attack my experience, when I have grown up in Soviet era Moscow and 90s Brooklyn to owning a business.. to attack my experience is idiotic.. based on not seeing the inland lakes in podunk midwest towns.. as if seeing those little hill lakes is anybody's true travel ambitions.
Every post you have had on this thread has been negative, contributing nothing and a pointless effort to bring it down. The topic is the best lakes, not to smacktalk the midewest. If you think NY has the best then fine, I wouldn't disagree, but to smacktalk at the expense of others who thoroughly enjoy their homes in the countless lakes of the upper midwest is crass and lame and reflects the persistent negative attitude that you own. There are much better ways of expressing your appreciation for NY lakes without having a chip on your shoulder.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:46 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,813,368 times
Quote:

I wouldn't talk about "class" if I were you, because you clearly have no class if you are so determined to bash MN beyond recognition without any actual experience to back it up.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:59 AM

648 posts, read 1,618,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I wouldn't talk about "class" if I were you, because you clearly have no class if you are so determined to bash MN beyond recognition without any actual experience to back it up.
I can tell you I am not classy when I disagree with something that other people are too ignorant to see MN and MI lakes are overrated here because they have, excuse me for saying "flat," extremely slight hills around a few of their lakes when there is a state with close to the amount of lakes, with much more natural beauty than both MN and MI.. and the poll is based off ignorance that just because a state has more lakes it has the best lakes.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:13 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,045,903 times
Quote:
I can tell you I am not classy when I disagree with something that other people are too ignorant to see MN and MI lakes are overrated here because they have, excuse me for saying "flat," extremely slight hills around a few of their lakes when there is a state with close to the amount of lakes, with much more natural beauty than both MN and MI.. and the poll is based off ignorance that just because a state has more lakes it has the best lakes.
Thank you from Minnesotan, the more you (rushun) post your thoughts, the more our great state rose to votes. Hope you have more wrong thoughts to add as great many votes to come to our cause.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:19 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,847,360 times
Quote:
I've been all through NY and have seen most of the popular lakes and quite a few small ones. You can believe what you want based on photos and no actual experience. I'll take actually seeing the lakes and being on a lot of different lakes when I chose MI over NY.

That isn't based on ignorance, that is based on real life experience with lakes in ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, PA, OH, IN, IL, WI, MN, IA, CO, OR, CA, NV, FL, GA, MS, TX, MS, TN, KY, MO, KS, MI, ND, SD, WY, ID, WA, AL, LA, AR, & OK. I would LOVE to see some lakes in AK, but I haven't been there yet so can't say for sure.

Last edited by Bydand; 06-18-2010 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: Got the abbr. for Alaska and Arkansas mixed up

Old 06-18-2010, 11:14 AM

10,747 posts, read 23,809,943 times
Quote:
The troll still insists on beating the dead horse. How pathetic. What a self defeating prophecy.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:56 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,210,862 times
Oh yeah, Arkansas has better lakes than any of the great lakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City