Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 02:36 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times

Advertisements

^^^^^Lol, I meant the second largest metro.... I would never say Augusta is larger than the 5 million metro Atlanta.

The list for Augusta was a short sample... There's no way I'm going to include every single ranking on Augusta..

And alot of those rankings on Raleigh aren't anything special...

Last edited by nortonguy; 09-07-2010 at 02:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 04:03 PM

803 posts, read 1,265,376 times
nortonguy is so biased it is not even hilarious

Richmond county is pretty much broke and ghetto, area around MCG, near Laney Walker, even near Academy of Richmond County and heck even the areas near ASU.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:28 PM

Sure dude. Your post sound exactly similar to the person with multiple screen names in the Augusta forum(Pinebridge,Par4ham, etc). The person shows up from time to time and bashes the city. Either way I'm done responding to your nonsense, because you're trolling. I notice you still haven't provided your facebook page link. I thought you had 24 out of 26 friends from Augusta on your facebook who are waiting to leave lol. Nobody in their right mind would ever call Summerville/Hill(the area near ASU) ghetto for example. Summerville/Hill is the richest area in all of metro Augusta. Plus million dollar homes are the norm.
YouTube - richest area in Augusta Georgia

The area around ASU sure does look ghetto.....

The city rolled back taxes THREE times in a little over two weeks during a recession... The Richmond County tax digest grew by 51.3 million this year..
Augusta Rolls Back Property Taxes

Broke cities don't roll back taxes three times during a recession..

Last edited by nortonguy; 09-07-2010 at 06:34 PM..

Old 09-07-2010, 06:01 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
^^^^^Lol, I meant the second largest metro.... I would never say Augusta is larger than the 5 million metro Atlanta.

The list for Augusta was a short sample... There's no way I'm going to include every single ranking on Augusta..

And alot of those rankings on Raleigh aren't anything special...
Nope...there's absolutely nothing special about being named the smartest city in the nation or having some of the nation's best public schools. It's not a big deal to be the most politically engaged city or being good for business. It's not a big deal to have the highest quality of life or the fastest growth in the nation..

Nope...nothing special there....

Dude, nobody is saying anything against Augusta within the right context. However.....almost everyone agrees that it's out of its league completely with the comparison to the other cities.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Sure dude.. I'm done responding to your nonsense, because you're trolling. I notice you still haven't provided your facebook page link. I thought you had 24 out of 26 friends from Augusta who are waiting to leave lol.. Nobody in their right mind would ever call Summerville/Hill(the area near ASU) ghetto for example. Summerville/Hill is the richest area in all of metro Augusta... Plus million dollar homes are the norm...

YouTube - richest area in Augusta Georgia

The area around ASU sure does look ghetto.....

The city rolled back taxes THREE times in a little over two weeks during a recession... The Richmond County tax digest grew by 51.3 million this year..
Augusta Rolls Back Property Taxes

Broke cities don't roll back taxes three times during a recession..

Well, lookie there....a monumental entrance to rich peoples' houses and a video..... Never seen that before...

Old 09-07-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Well, lookie there....a monumental entrance to rich peoples' houses and a video..... Never seen that before...
The picture was one of the entrances to the Augusta State University Walton Way campus.. The campus is located in the middle of a neighborhood...

But the rankings for Augusta are pretty impressive too.

Metro Monitor 7th best economy in the U.S
Forbes #5 in the nation “Best Bang For the Buck” Cities
Business Week #11 “America’s 25 Next Recovering Job Markets”
Business Week #6 “Strongest Building Markets for Housing”
U.S News and World report ranking (Davidson) in the top 100 schools in america. The only school in GA to make the list(Davidson's third consecutive year making the list)

Last edited by nortonguy; 09-07-2010 at 06:21 PM..

Old 09-07-2010, 08:15 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,306,402 times
Quote:
The picture was one of the entrances to the Augusta State University Walton Way campus.. The campus is located in the middle of a neighborhood...

But the rankings for Augusta are pretty impressive too.

Metro Monitor 7th best economy in the U.S
Forbes #5 in the nation “Best Bang For the Buck” Cities
Business Week #11 “America’s 25 Next Recovering Job Markets”
Business Week #6 “Strongest Building Markets for Housing”
U.S News and World report ranking (Davidson) in the top 100 schools in america. The only school in GA to make the list(Davidson's third consecutive year making the list)
Augusta is a great city. I'll give it a dog fight with Madison. But it's not Richmond or Raleigh. There are no cities in GA that are on this level, I hope what I'm saying is being understood here. Augusta is making strides and in 20-30 years who knows where it will be. But for now, it's not there. But like I said, who knows what the future will hold.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:03 PM

235 posts, read 344,521 times
I think the only thing left to be said about Norton Guy and this thread is ... BLESS HIS HEART. Poor guy.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnSAV View Post
I think the only thing left to be said about Norton Guy and this thread is ... BLESS HIS HEART. Poor guy.
Be careful, I was once punished on CD for using that term. Seriously, I got an infraction for it.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,879,061 times
Nortonguy Im quite aware of I-520, but its not a major North-South, East-West route. It is even completed yet??. Also it doesnt back up the claim that continuous development is occuring on the SC side in Aiken and Edgefield Counties. Dude give up the arguement while you have some credibility left. You want a city to compare to thats around the same size?. Take a look at Huntsville, AL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City