Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 09:54 AM

787 posts, read 1,696,552 times

Advertisements

Maybe in Pittsburgh the majority of black people live in the ghetto, but that isn't the case everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 10:20 AM

1,000 posts, read 2,351,745 times
I can't believe this thread is still going.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:43 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,894,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakal View Post
Maybe in Pittsburgh the majority of black people live in the ghetto, but that isn't the case everywhere.
Oh but it is the case in the Majority of Big Cities.....If Pittsburgh is Racist because the Majority of Blacks live in the Ghetto conditions then that same generalization can be applied to all the cities that I listed....Period

So according to simetime they're all racist....

Old 11-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I saw no such thing coming from simetime. Maybe that's how you are taking it, but to label someone a racist on that basis is very irresponsible.
Well then you must be in agreement with Him/Her then...because she/he blame Pittsburgh for being racist...if she not blaming "whites" who is she blaming Hispanics???...the city is only the people who live in it.

Again to blame racism for the majority of blacks problems in Pittsburgh is Racist in of itself, and it the Defacto excuse for the Lazy and Irresponsible...I will continue to beat that drum...

Quote:
I disagree. A lot of what has been brought up relative to Pittsburgh is due to simple numbers. And past systematic actions of discrimination against Blacks in Pittsburgh and elsewhere do indeed affect present circumstances. That's not to say that there's no blame that lies elsewhere, but it's not all on one side as you're saying it is..
Look I posted an article of a Pittsburgh Successful born and bred black professor at CMU who states in the article that Pittsburgh has been good to him....

I stated as Successful Black Woman Pittsburgh has been good to me...I have no signs of "Plantation" living like simetime....

Wiz - Successful Rapper, loves his hometown reps it in every video...

So if Pittsburgh is so racist, somehow us 3 and problably alot more missed that memo....You think we'd all be condemning the city and concurring the same sentiment that simetime has toward the city.

Is it because we're successful, educated, hard working individuals that we don't sit through life blaming cities for our what should be our responsibilities? Could that be it....Think about that!

and if the Past indeed still affects the Present like you're stating then I guess Birmingham and the rest of the South is still deeply segregated like the past....there are still strong signs there.

Quote:
So if this is the case, why are you even making an argument for Pittsburgh and against Birmingham at all? If your point is that Black people have it bad everywhere, then there's no need to defend Pittsburgh! You're shooting your entire premise in the foot!
Pittsburgh vs Birmingham has been over long ago in this thread....it's now about Pittsburgh and racsim or couldn't you tell, and it manifested into that by Simetime trying to claim that Pittsburgh is blame his/her problems and why the majority of blacks live in poverty....so I guess the same can be said for Boston, NYC Philly and all those other cities with Majority of Blacks living in impoverished ghetto's....

Sorry if I dont see the world as sooooo Black n' White as you guys....I tend to look a bit deeper.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:53 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,100,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Simetime - You're a Racist...sorry but you are...Yes Blacks can be racist too....Again get off youre ass and take responsibility....Again the problem with Blacks in Pittsburgh can be found with blacks in Any MAJOR CITY....ANY!!!!!!!...Like you said yourself that doesnt mean blacks cannot be successful in Pittsburgh....

The problem with majority of Blacks in Pittsburgh and the other cities across the USA....Is:

- Un-wed and Uneducated Girls having babies at alarming rates
- Children raised by single mothers
- Overcrowed Public Schools
- Growing up surrounded by Crime and Poverty
- No sense of a community anymore
- BET MTV VH1 are raising your kids
- and the Stereotype is Glamorized to where kids think being thugs and hos living in the ghetto are cool...

It has nothing to do with Racism...I'm sorry that's a lazy, overused excuse that blacks like to throw around as a way for them to blame society for their own lazyness and irreponsibility....like society owes us something...it owes you nothing....you owe to yourself...
....but in several posts earlier you said Pittsburgh and Northeastern cities didnt "glamorize the stereotype" and that it's a problem with southern cities. Now you're saying that "glamorizing the stereotype" is also a problem with the majority of blacks in Pittsburgh as well as ANY major cities?? I thought it was just southern cities?

You just say ANYTHING even if it contradicts something you previously stated.

Last edited by Southern Soul Bro; 11-21-2010 at 09:04 PM..

Old 11-22-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
....but in several posts earlier you said Pittsburgh and Northeastern cities didnt "glamorize the stereotype" and that it's a problem with southern cities. Now you're saying that "glamorizing the stereotype" is also a problem with the majority of blacks in Pittsburgh as well as ANY major cities?? I thought it was just southern cities?

You just say ANYTHING even if it contradicts something you previously stated.
Oh Brother -- - It's like talking to 12 year olds...

The Cities themselves DO NOT Glamorize the Stereotypical Ghetto lifestyle.....Meaning there wont be a "Real Housewives of Pittsburgh" or "Neicy and Effie of Homewood" or any of that other crap glamorizing Ghetto Life

That doesnt mean what the kids see that on TV and talk about it in School which influences them....Pittsburgh and Northeastern cities get BET MTV and VH1 too ya know...

Old 11-22-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:

The Cities themselves DO NOT Glamorize the Stereotypical Ghetto lifestyle.....Meaning there wont be a "Real Housewives of Pittsburgh" or "Neicy and Effie of Homewood" or any of that other crap glamorizing Ghetto Life

That doesnt mean what the kids see that on TV and talk about it in School which influences them....Pittsburgh and Northeastern cities get BET MTV and VH1 too ya know...
lol you are aware there are "real housewives" series of certain northeastern places too right?

Besides....since when does cable television shows about/based in certain cities mean that the natives in general approve or live like whatever is occurring in that particular show? Weak argument.

You'd never see those shows about Pittsburgh.....because it's Pittsburgh.

There are "gangster" movies/shows about NYC, BOSTON, PHILLY, etc.

lol Using your own logic, then "Blue Hill Ave," "The Wire" and "State Property" means Boston, Baltimore and Philly glamorize the stereotype, along with the countless gangster movies/shows about NYC.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:46 AM

442 posts, read 828,392 times
Quote:

Lol, the people on real housewives don't live in the hood. Not to mention the fact that they film show in NYC too.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:06 AM

Blackbeauty isnt this the guy you've posted about multiple times in attempt to prove how Pittsburgh doesnt "glamorize the stereotype"

Pittsburgh Rapper Wiz Khalifa getting arrested at East Carolina University on Drug Possession

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUyW2LCXh7Q

Old 11-22-2010, 09:24 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,402,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Blackbeauty isnt this the guy you've posted about multiple times in attempt to prove how Pittsburgh doesnt "glamorize the stereotype"

Pittsburgh Rapper Wiz Khalifa getting arrested at East Carolina University on Drug Possession

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUyW2LCXh7Q

LOL That is so pitiful because I actually like black and yellow.

Only problem is, I can't escape images of Pittsburghers skipping through the streets singing along in unison because of Blackbeauty.

There is sure to be a galvanized effort by all Pittsburghers to free him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City