Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 08:25 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,686,203 times

Advertisements

All im saying is warm to hot all year sucks to me. I like Low 70s-30s.. Why cant that be perfect.. obviously everyone is thinkin im crazy, but that just proves no place has "perfect" weather as a whole. It's about your preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 09:45 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrsc View Post
theres a reason SoCal dont have 100 miles of hotels.. cuz people who visit usually move there...
Noooo, there is a reason Florida has 100 miles of hotels... its because while you guys in San Diego are left with crappy beaches, chilly waters and temps too cold to swim during winter, Florida's beaches are packed with millions of babes, 80 degree temps and nice warm water, all surrounded by incredible nightlife and the best beaches in the nation.

While Florida's summer weather might be humid, its winters are far more pleasing than SoCal's for those looking for sun, surf, and sand.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:10 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,680,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Noooo, there is a reason Florida has 100 miles of hotels... its because while you guys in San Diego are left with crappy beaches, chilly waters and temps too cold to swim during winter, Florida's beaches are packed with millions of babes, 80 degree temps and nice warm water, all surrounded by incredible nightlife and the best beaches in the nation.

While Florida's summer weather might be humid, its winters are far more pleasing than SoCal's for those looking for sun, surf, and sand.
Crappy beaches..are you blind? lol
well ill enjoy the beaches here where its also 80 degrees..the water is cooler yeah but i dont wanna be in the ocean 12 months a year anyways and were still packed with babes (but they live here!)
oh and the nightlife is 2nd to none! without all the tourists!
ill take a pleasing 70-80 degree day with a nice pacific breeze over a humid florida day anyday..and so do all the fine ladies who live here obviously...but i do agree there are some crappy beaches..but more extremely nice ones then crappy.
I just think you have something against CA..but oh well cant please everybody.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:18 PM

oh I think I get it non "resort style" beaches are considered crappy..well i do love relaxing on certain huge resort style florida beaches..almost like hawaii but overall you couldnt pry me from a cali beach..there more intimate and even more romantic.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:21 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,323,407 times
California beaches are often incredibly scenic (more so than Florida's) but they are way too cold for my tender little tootsies (not to mention the rest of me). The fact is, even Middle Atlantic waters are warmer than those off Southern California.

Of course, those lazy languid (and WARM) South Pacific lagoons have spoiled me for pretty much anything else (even Hawaiian beaches are relatively cool by comparison) - though Florida's waters get even warmer.

NODC Coastal Water Temperature Guide

Ken

Old 02-07-2009, 12:01 AM

Id feel bad for someone visiting california hoping the waters where like floridas..or even south carolinas lol.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:57 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,391,087 times
My tendency is to say that the Midwest and Northeast come the closest to being the best weather. Cold winters, hot and humid summers, beautiful springs, beautiful falls...these regions tend to see it all. Temperatures in these regions can range from below 0 in the winter to the mid-90s in the summer and occasionally for certain parts of these regions above 100. I'm used to pretty much any kind of weather you can throw at me. I've dealt with both the sweltering summers and the bitter-cold and snowy winters. Only thing I haven't really experienced are tropical storms and hurricanes, but while my region (the Midwest) can't get them, the Northeast definitely can get them.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:28 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,519 times
All of So.Cal has perfect Weather,I Can take 90-100 Degrees in the Inland Empire b/c it's dry heat not humid,It's more Bearable and I Love Summer Nights in the I.E. I Don't even need a sweater at night,I Could play Basketball all night without ever feeling cold and Ssince it's dry weather we don't get mosquitos,I think,But I Know we have fewer Bugs than Florida.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:37 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
All im saying is warm to hot all year sucks to me. I like Low 70s-30s.. Why cant that be perfect.. obviously everyone is thinkin im crazy, but that just proves no place has "perfect" weather as a whole. It's about your preference.
Exactly, That's you, alot of people prefer generally Warm to mild weather year round.You don't, your just one out of a lot of people on CD who prefer Warm and mild Weather year round, while you prefer mild to cold weather. .Your not crazy it's your preference, if you like the weather you have then that place to you has the perfect weather.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:43 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Exactly, That's you, alot of people prefer generally Warm to mild weather year round.You don't, your just one out of a lot of people on CD who prefer Warm and mild Weather year round, while you prefer mild to cold weather. .Your not crazy it's your preference, if you like the weather you have then that place to you has the perfect weather.
That's true. I like 70s to 90s. A 90-degree day means pleasant weather for a night bicycle ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City