Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Higher quality of life?
California 50 58.14%
New York 36 41.86%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,109,523 times

Advertisements

Yeah but California.

So there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 09:26 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,796 times
Very subjective. No real way to answer, they are both huge world class cities that have the biggest influence on the world, '' center of the universe '' type cities.

I've never been to New York, I've been to LA plenty of times and IMO it's the most overrated and underrated cit . People who think it's some magical paradise are wrong, and those who think it's smog infested city of rich snobs are also wrong. Its an overall good city but it has its problems like anywhere else.

I'd rather live in LA over NYC. The weather is far superior and there are beautiful mountain views.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:03 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
For the poster who said NYC wasn't on the list, it was tied #1 with HNL. That includes NJ as well.

Northern CA might be stupidly liberal but they are not as in your face as east coast democrats.
people in norcal are far more in your face politically, seriously?

Old 03-10-2014, 11:31 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,524,148 times
Talk about quality of life for the second week of March. Apparently yesterday it was in the high 50s in the NYC metro area. Also yesterday I went to Hunington beach where it was almost 90 degrees and hung out. It was like visiting a dry Florida beach. Fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
people in norcal are far more in your face politically, seriously?
I've never met anyone from Norcal who has. A lot aren't as liberal as you think (think SJC area) and some that extremely liberal just are but don't flaunt it. It's not like east coasters who vote democrat no matter what out of some white guilt slash taxes slash union(s) factor.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:49 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
norcal from sf/berk all the way to humboldt has the most extreme liberals and hold the most reoccurring rallies for fringe issues i've ever seen outside Northern Germany and Denmark. Eugene Oregon is like that also. I mean, I don't really care or mind though. We are talking about the same places as all the tree-sitters for years right? The same place that occupies Alcatraz Island to boycott Thanksgiving... right?

Old 03-10-2014, 12:27 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times
I'm from CT and I used to vote Republican, but now I plan to ONLY vote Democrat in the foreseeable future. Republicans don't have solutions, they operate on the Bible, hate gays, and haven't shown much interest in helping the needy more so than the wealthy.

I am proud to be a born again New England progressive. Although we are conventional in lifestyle, we are very progressive with politics and often lead the nation in progressive politics. California follows suit later on. The rest of the nation is largely stuck in the Dark Ages with Jesus.

New England contains the only states in the nation in which every single county votes Democrat, unlike California. I believe this is the case with VT, RI and MA.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I'm from CT and I used to vote Republican, but now I plan to ONLY vote Democrat in the foreseeable future. Republicans don't have solutions, they operate on the Bible, hate gays, and haven't shown much interest in helping the needy more so than the wealthy.

I am proud to be a born again New England progressive. Although we are conventional in lifestyle, we are very progressive with politics and often lead the nation in progressive politics. California follows suit later on. The rest of the nation is largely stuck in the Dark Ages with Jesus.

New England contains the only states in the nation in which every single county votes Democrat, unlike California. I believe this is the case with VT, RI and MA.
Well see there's your issue. There are progressive Republican's out there (some are even gay. It's become a grass roots movement so to speak.) Might have to get out of card carrying democratic New England to see that.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:01 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

No its not

Old 03-10-2014, 04:24 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
People like fresh laker contribute nothing to threads like this despite writing paragraphs of words.

Old 03-10-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
People like fresh laker contribute nothing to threads like this despite writing paragraphs of words.
Pullleeasseeee go play with the traffic jowwwwwwwww
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City