Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather be in the Metroplex?
Dallas 108 56.84%
Fort Worth 82 43.16%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:52 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,224,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Is Bearfire the shopping resort planned for DFW or is it a totally different project?
I think the Bearfire development was either delayed or cancelled.

Here's the promo video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVTDA6r7NnA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 02:56 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I think the Bearfire development was either delayed or cancelled.

Here's the promo video:

YouTube - Bearfire Promo Video
Delayed, cancelled or not, it ain't a good idea. That would be too gimicky.

We don't need that....

Old 03-20-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
If you want laid back try Lakewood / East Dallas or North Oak Cliff - you don't have to go to Fort Worth (or Austin).
Sure people don't have to go to Fort Worth (or... Austin) but they still do.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:28 PM

126 posts, read 408,896 times
I like them both, but i voted Fort Worth because i've always thought that it had better architecture & a more historic vibe.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:18 AM

17 posts, read 62,008 times
Hmmmm all the big concerts come to dallas, more diverse night scene downtown dallas along main street and victory park i go to downtown fort worth and its not nearly diverse as downtown dallas. Dallas has a wayyyyyyy better nightlife downtown than fort worth. I dont get what people like so much about downtown ft worth

Old 04-13-2010, 10:43 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,844,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy214 View Post
Hmmmm all the big concerts come to dallas, more diverse night scene downtown dallas along main street and victory park i go to downtown fort worth and its not nearly diverse as downtown dallas. Dallas has a wayyyyyyy better nightlife downtown than fort worth. I dont get what people like so much about downtown ft worth
Downtown Dallas only attract people when there is a major events going on in the downtown area. Downtown Fort Worth even without big events still has a nice crowd in the downtown region and nice live jazz bands etc. Dallas has gotten better but it’s still not as nice as downtown Fort Worth. Fort Worth street level architect is superior to Dallas in all aspects.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:56 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Downtown Dallas only attract people when there is a major events going on in the downtown area. Downtown Fort Worth even without big events still has a nice crowd in the downtown region and nice live jazz bands etc. Dallas has gotten better but it’s still not as nice as downtown Fort Worth. Fort Worth street level architect is superior to Dallas in all aspects.
uhh....this is a lie....Dowtown Dallas is jumping everyweekend!!!!....I never undrstood that either...U can do twice as much in DTD that u can do in Ft.wORTH...people are just loving to hate dallas.......but it only makes Dallas that much better becaue when people actually GO to DtFtWth...they will be drasticallydisappointed at how sooooooo many people over-rated it and tricked them into expecting Manhattan and got six flags Ft.Worth...lol....dt f.w is cool tho......but Dallas has more of the cutting edge stuff that you look for n a real downtown.....sorry!!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
uhh....this is a lie....Dowtown Dallas is jumping everyweekend!!!!....I never undrstood that either...U can do twice as much in DTD that u can do in Ft.wORTH...people are just loving to hate dallas.......but it only makes Dallas that much better becaue when people actually GO to DtFtWth...they will be drasticallydisappointed at how sooooooo many people over-rated it and tricked them into expecting Manhattan and got six flags Ft.Worth...lol....dt f.w is cool tho......but Dallas has more of the cutting edge stuff that you look for n a real downtown.....sorry!!
Nice homering.

People like Fort Worth because it's a little more true to its Texas roots. It doesn't try to hard to be something it isn't. You guys don't get it becasue you don't WANT to get it.

Look, both cities are good cities, and there's no real need to put down any one of them..... but just an FYI, that lil' statement of yours IS why some people don't like Dallas. It's that snobby, "we're better than you because we have more" attitude.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:58 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times
^^^^^No....thats just the reality that I get when I go to downTown Ft.Worth...I did say DTFW was cool...but i just dont think its as good as FtW people want people to think...Of course its quite busy at times but it seems staged..Absolutely no night-life..the resturants are good,but not that unique....I think Dtd is just in a different league thats all.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:44 PM

128 posts, read 273,530 times
I saw a joke map that had Fort Worth labelled as "Poor Dallas"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City