Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 08:54 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,808,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upper_hand View Post
Take it easy Deacon. What gives you the right to call Chicago number 2 US city while LA is much bigger than Chicago? Is it fair to Angelanos?

Talking about a dose of reality here...
Now you're being a little more offensive...I wasn't even responding to you, but to your buddy's nasty little post from earlier.

I call Chicago #2 because I LIKE IT BETTER than LA. IT'S MY OPINION.

What give YOU the right to question my or anyone else's opinion?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:55 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,563,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Hey! so is Mumbai, it wins because it's the largest city in the world!
I wish someone had told me sooner. I must book my plane tickets tomorrow.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I call Chicago #2 because I LIKE IT BETTER than LA. IT'S MY OPINION. Happy?
But, what if your opinion is wrong, Deacon? Did you ever think of that?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:59 PM

26 posts, read 44,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Hey! so is Mumbai, it wins because it's the largest city in the world!

No, no. If it works for the US, it works for everywhere else. Thanks for enlightening us!

You are welcome. Midwest seems to one fo those areas of the US that have a very minimal knowledge about the outside world. Absolutely understandably since unlike New York and LA you have never been a US window to anything...

Going back to the topic, Mumbai does not have a gross product comparable to New York. Tokyo and London have and so they are, rightfully so, considered NYC's competition in the world... LA, has the second largest gross product in the US hence it is considered by most the 2nd most important city...

Last edited by upper_hand; 11-02-2009 at 09:08 PM..

Old 11-02-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
But, what if your opinion is wrong, Deacon? Did you ever think of that?
I know...it's really funny when someone starts a thread with an opinion question, then when people respond the OP proceeds to tell them why they are wrong. I always laugh at those.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Now you're being a little more offensive...I wasn't even responding to you, but to your buddy's nasty little post from earlier.

I call Chicago #2 because I LIKE IT BETTER than LA. IT'S MY OPINION.

What give YOU the right to question my or anyone else's opinion?
Deacon, didn't you just question Christian's opinion about Chicago and even asked him for a "dose of reality"? Now you are crying when I question yours?
It's pretty much agreed that LA, as the US second most populous city and the second largest local economy, is the second most important city in the US...

Last edited by upper_hand; 11-02-2009 at 09:28 PM..

Old 11-02-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
It's pretty much agreed that LA as the US second most populous city and the second largest local economy is the second most important city in the US...
Well, for one people don't need to "agree" on population. It's right there in black and white (although if ever there was a forum where people would disagree on such a thing, City-Data would be it).

And as to it being agreed upon by all that Los Angeles being the second most important city in the U.S., I would be interested to see your supporting evidence for that statement. I suppose an argument could be put forth in support of that claim, but other cities--such as Washington, DC and Chicago--could make convincing arguments as well. It seems far from universally agreed.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Deacon, didn't you just question Christian's opinion about Chicago and even asked him for a "dose of reality"? Now you are crying when I question yours?
It's pretty much agreed that LA as the US second most populous city and the second largest local economy is the second most important city in the US...
Okay, that's enough of that. You're obviously outnumbered in this thread, and I can quickly see why you're getting so much flack from everyone. You're frustrating to have a discussion with, so on that note I'm ending it.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:25 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,926,224 times
Quote:
And who made you a judge of one's credibility? Compared to New York's, Chicago skyline is weak. I can't show it to you since there is no a way to capture the entire New York's skyline in a single or even a few pictures as there is more than one New York skyline, but in numbers New York has fifty eight hundred highrises and there are just eleven hundred in Chicago... Chicago's skyline is five times smaller than New York's. Can you imagine a skyline five times bigger than Chicaqo's? There you go. Chicago skyline may by itself seem impressive but compared to New York skyline is simply weak.

Emporis:

Skyscrapers of New York City | Emporis.com

Skyscrapers of Chicago | Emporis.com

PS. Go easy on unnecessary pathos, kid. You may have a different opnion but derogatory comments about another poster and his credibility may backfire if you are proved wrong...
So this is your first day posting on this forum??? Your posts sound like you've been here before. Is this a skyline thread - maybe I missed something. And, who made you the judge of one's credibility? Some people prefer one over the other - personal preference is all it is.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
So this is your first day posting on this forum??? Your posts sound like you've been here before. Is this a skyline thread - maybe I missed something. And, who made you the judge of one's credibility? Some people prefer one over the other - personal preference is all it is.
What???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City