Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Miami (South FL) energy or Los Angeles energy
Miami 49 54.44%
Los Angeles 41 45.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:13 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times

Advertisements

Honestly I don't like the whole hustle and bustle of Miami. I prefer the laid-back LA style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 08:16 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlyLA View Post
Yes, and as has been identified, that perspective is because Miami is more concentrated (and much smaller) than LA is.
Yeah Miami is more compact LA is hugeee

Old 05-09-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Honestly I don't like the whole hustle and bustle of Miami. I prefer the laid-back LA style.
It's cool to experience both imo

Old 05-09-2010, 08:31 PM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Can't find a football team :P
You're not looking hard enough, or rather, long enough.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
You're not looking hard enough, or rather, long enough.
Well, you do have the Chargers in San Diego, it's just kinda dissapointing LA doesn't have it's own team. That will probably change eventually though.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:41 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if LA won this poll even though I feel Miami has more energy. It seems there is more people on here from LA than Miami.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:23 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,402,679 times
Quote:
I wouldnt be surprised if LA won this poll even though I feel Miami has more energy. It seems there is more people on here from LA than Miami.
Honestly it really wouldn’t surprise me either; especially after witnessing the artery that I collapsed after telling my friend (LA native) how much I enjoyed Miami. She made several slurs about the city (and its people), got extremely angry with me and refused to discuss it further. To quote her, “Miami wants to be where we are” so I knew her opinion was biased at that point. The facts are as follows: LA’s metro population is more than twice that of Miami’s, however Miami has the more impressive, expansive and overall superior skyline. Miami also has the more aggressive nightlife if that’s your thing. You also don’t have to look under rocks and behind refrigerators to find the energy/vibrancy in Miami. It’s blatant. It also isn’t necessary to visit Miami for days/weeks at a time to experience it.

Did I enjoy the time that I spent in LA? By all means, but at the end of the day I wouldn’t pay to go back. I would however pay to revisit Miami. Truthfully, that’s the most accurate way that I tend to measure my personal gratification- am I willing revisit at my own expense? In LA’s case the answer is- nope. I enjoyed the time that I spent there but I most certainly wasn’t wowed like I was after visiting Miami. I instantly knew that I would be returning so to reaffirm your statement, no I wouldn’t be shocked either. Especially after seeing first hand how people from LA can’t seem to stomach the shine that Miami is enjoying these days.

Last edited by NorthDeKalb; 05-09-2010 at 11:04 PM..

Old 05-09-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMAZBOI4U View Post
Honestly it really wouldn’t surprise me either; especially after witnessing the artery that I collapsed after telling my friend (LA native) how much I enjoyed Miami. She made several slurs about the city (and its people), got extremely angry with me and refused to discuss it further. To quote her, “Miami wants to be where we are” so I knew her opinion was biased at that point. The facts are as follows: LA’s metro population is more than twice that of Miami’s, however Miami has the more impressive, expansive and overall superior skyline. Miami also has the more aggressive nightlife if that’s your thing. You also don’t have to look under rocks and behind refrigerators to find the energy/vibrancy in Miami. It’s blatant. It also isn’t necessary to visit Miami for days/weeks at a time to experience it.

Did I enjoy the time that I spent in LA? By all means, but at the end of the day I wouldn’t pay to go back. I would however pay to revisit Miami. Truthfully, that’s the most accurate way that I tend to measure my personal gratification- am I willing revisit at my own expense? In LA’s case the answer is- nope. I enjoyed the time that I spent there but I most certainly wasn’t wowed like I was after visiting Miami. I instantly knew that I would be returning so to reaffirm your statement, no I wouldn’t be shocked either. Especially after seeing first hand how people from LA can’t seem to stomach the shine that Miami is enjoying these days.
Well, atleast Miami is still winning the poll. I don't know what it is, like people don't want to accept Miami as being a nice city they always want to hate on it. Thats just jealousy though like you said LA can't seem to stomach the shine that Miami is enjoying these days. I also feel like I said before, Miami has more of an east coast New York pace to it while LA has more of that west coast laid back vibe. To each his own, I'm glad you enjoy Miami though.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:02 AM

Another thing is, people in Miami seem to be more real, like New Yorkers. People in LA have this fake persona I can't quite grasp. So if you ever notice in the "rudest cities you've been to" threads when people always mention cities like Miami and New York, they are just not used to the no bs attitude. It's not that we are rude, it's that we don't put up with nonsence.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:09 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Another thing is, people in Miami seem to be more real, like New Yorkers. People in LA have this fake persona I can't quite grasp. So if you ever notice in the "rudest cities you've been to" threads when people always mention cities like Miami and New York, they are just not used to the no bs attitude. It's not that we are rude, it's that we don't put up with nonsence.
See I'm a Florida native, but I don't like the whole "If I'm being rude, I'm being REAL" persona that SoFla has adopted from NYC. I actually quite HATE it and detest it. You don't have to be RUDE to be REAL. And I think LA is alot more REAL in that sense. They don't try to "act" HARD and rough around the edges to prove a point. LA maybe the Movie capital of the WORLD, but all these east-coasters ACTING there part down in Miami really PISSES me off. I'm sorry but the laid-back attitude in LA seems more REAL to me. I love Florida and Miami to death, but the whole "REAL" mentality is FAKE within it's self, and I find it becoming TOO much like the rest of the East-coast, and I HATE that. Miami and Florida in general always SEPARATED it's self from the rest of the East-coast, it would be cool for it to remain that way. No offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City