Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:00 PM

422 posts, read 1,271,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey77 View Post
He was there for a conference and this was his perspective: "Wow! I was shocked, I thought it would be all industrial. It was really beautiful. I never saw so much green. And the homes have space between them. I was really shocked how much home you can get there. And I never thought Cleveland would be so beautiful. The only thing was all the stores are closed up."
He must have spent all of his time in the burbs and not the city of Cleveland. As to the space between homes it is called the "driveway", unless of course one has acreage. It isn't greener than the eastern half of the country and of course it comes with a price - excessive precipitation and lack of sunshine. Yes, you'll get more house for the money. I could buy a large house in the city of Cleveland for under 100K but I don't want to deal with the attached baggage. Once all the pros and cons are considered a good deal usually doesn't look as good.

Last edited by xwideopenskyx; 10-16-2008 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: sp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 12:48 PM

83 posts, read 294,321 times
I moved back after being away for more than 20 years, and Cleveland's OK. Although, I have to admit that I work in the healthcare field, so Cleveland is definitely the place to be for anyone employed in that area. I had forgotten about the cold winters, but I appreciate the diversity and affordability that Cleveland offers.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:29 PM

256 posts, read 736,338 times
How long have you been back? Are you staying? Why did you move back and where from?
too many questions?

Old 10-24-2008, 04:18 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,375,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
I just moved back to Ohio after being gone almost twenty years. Finally, I feel that I am back to my roots. We lived in the south WAY TOO LONG. "This Yankee" is glad to be home. We did move to the Mentor area, but I grew up in the Canton/Akron area. When I was younger, I couldn't wait to get out Ohio, when I did leave I couldn't wait to get back. We lived all over the SE part of the United States. It just was never "home". Ohio will always be home!
I couldnt agree more I experienced the same thing, the southern hospitality seems to be a myth, I made very good Friends down south (most were Yankee transplants) but the locals after 20some years never really accept you as anything other than a Yankee. the people in Ohio are warm ,kind and caring. and to place my feet on real grass ! funny what things you dont realize till they are gone. I thank god every day for waking up and having my life long friends near me. but I will just have to miss them for 3 months each winter.....I dont miss the cold and the snow well the snow is fine the first day but when it turns dirty and mushy.....
I am packing and getting ready to leave after thanksgiving......the forecast is for snow next week.....I may eat my bird in fl!

Old 11-02-2008, 06:24 AM

83 posts, read 294,321 times
Re Kasey77's questions: I've been back in Cleveland for 3 years now. We plan on staying here until we retire, or longer. My husband got a good job offer so that's why we moved back to Cleveland, but now I'm really glad that we did.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:46 PM

I am thrilled this thread is still going. I am still in So. Cal and wanting to go back every day. I have to stay here now for health insurance reasons. But, I am some day hoping to move back. I do miss it. It will always be home.
And really appreciate all the feedback.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:35 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,375,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saba2r View Post
It isn't "liberal propaganda" that the hotter areas are running out of water and that they want Cleveland's. Cleveland needs to protect the Great Lakes or lose them to the areas everyone moved to. (Think about that madness for a minute).
I read that the polar ice caps on mars were melting.......must be all of those soccer moms driving their suv's on mars

Old 11-26-2008, 10:15 AM

6 posts, read 27,457 times
I lived in Cleveland for a short while, in a suburb 21 years ago. I flew up this Nov, 14-17 for my mom's 90th B'day party. i have been planning to move back Next year, i also wieghed the pros and cons on moving back, and what i am making here isn't enough. Key West has gotten expensive and is still rising, the food is going up, except for the pay wages., but isn't that everywhere?

Old 11-26-2008, 10:43 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,922,658 times
Ive never been gone for a really long time, but I have lived in other areas for a few months. Close to the end of all those times I always missed NE Ohio, if you grew up here its always going to be like home.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:01 AM

I agree Cleo....Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland