Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 10:26 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times

Advertisements

how about Uncle Vic on the radio, i think it was 98.5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 10:27 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
the Glass Garden restaurant in Westlake.. the food was awesome..

Old 05-10-2008, 09:26 AM

31 posts, read 191,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
there is a Halle's museum in Kirtland???? where is this... my mother did all the designs for the women's shoe department's advertising in the newspaper... she used to take me to Mr. Jing a ling, the day after Thanksgiving every year... i believe there was a train set always on display...then we ate some where either halle's or higbees, can't remember the complete name.. maybe the silver grill or something like that
I want to say the Hallee's museum is near the Holden Arboretum. I'll have to find out exactly where from my sister.
The reason they picked that location is because the Hallee Family lived in Waite Hill. In fact on Smith Rd. My great aunt & uncle lived about 4 houses down from them. The Sherwin (Williams) Family owned almost all the land on the other side of the street and had their own aminal & bird sanctuary.
The original Mr. Hallee died many years ago and Mrs. Hallee lived for a long time after. When she died the Hallee's son and his wife opened this museum in their honor.
Another person that lived in Waite Hill was that creepy Art Modell....nobody liked him. Very arrogant!

Old 05-10-2008, 12:28 PM

19 posts, read 90,714 times
To all of you who remember Euclid Beach Amusement Park, do you remember
the salt water taffy and popcorn balls? Welll! you can still find them on the
Internet. The company was Humphrey's.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat9 View Post
To all of you who remember Euclid Beach Amusement Park, do you remember
the salt water taffy and popcorn balls? Welll! you can still find them on the
Internet. The company was Humphrey's.
My sister said that many grocery stores in the area carry Euclid Beach Treats. Heinen's in Mentor has them all the time. Doesn't do me any good...I'm near Houston!

Old 05-11-2008, 11:36 AM

19 posts, read 90,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollybumps View Post
My sister said that many grocery stores in the area carry Euclid Beach Treats. Heinen's in Mentor has them all the time. Doesn't do me any good...I'm near Houston!
You can live anywhere in the world and still enjoy Humphrey's
Just go to:
The Humphrey Company Home Page

Cat9

Old 05-11-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat9 View Post
You can live anywhere in the world and still enjoy Humphrey's
Just go to:
The Humphrey Company Home Page

Cat9
Speaking of Euclid Beach...Do you remember the Fun House and the old lady & man who were showcased outside just laughing constantly? The Lady's name was Laughing Sal..(can't remember the man's name) Anyway someone found Laughing Sal in a warehouse about 6-7 years ago....she was not in good shape. She was totally restored to her original image. The first year she was 'out' she was displayed at stores all over the Cleveland area.
Now she's available to RENT...it used to be $400.00 for a weekend.....price may be different now. Doesn't that bring back memories?

Old 05-15-2008, 01:26 PM

122 posts, read 482,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
how about Uncle Vic on the radio, i think it was 98.5
Yes, he was on WGCL. He had some hysterical regulars that would call in each Sunday night. Gotta love the '80s...

Old 05-15-2008, 01:55 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Another person that lived in Waite Hill was that creepy Art Modell....nobody liked him. Very arrogant!
Hee hee. Now there's an understatement!

Old 05-15-2008, 04:24 PM

7 posts, read 16,082 times
Quote:
3.2 Beer...Texans never heard of it! LOL
Isaly's had the best giant dill pickles...took 3 days to eat it.
Sterling Linder Davis...the beautiful tree and do you remember Francis The Mule? ( a Christmas time attraction) He'd talk to you thru a wooden window and then he would slide a gift out to you through a little opening under the window. (Sounds creepy now! It wasn't then)
Francis the Talking Mule at Christmas -- I remember him well! I love watching "A Christmas Story" and seeing Higbees all decorated the way I remember it (though I came along a few years after the movie's era.

My elementary school in Fairview was torn down year before last -- I didn't know it was happening, since I've lived away from the Cleveland area for many years. I would love to have visited it one last time.

This thread is a wonderful trip down Memory Lane. I'm the reunion chairman for my class ('67) and we're having a combined '67-'68-'69 reunion this July. I've been scouring the web for old Cleveland pictures and memorabilia, especially West Side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland