Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 09:08 PM

10 posts, read 63,088 times

Advertisements

I have not been down to EI in quite some time. Just wondering how the Cannonsgate plan is coming along? Any news on when this plan should be filing up and what are lot prices doing? Good buy/bad buy? Also, I own a summer home on the island and have been called recently by someone who is selling due to relocation. I'm strongly considering crunching the numbers. Anyone have any thoughts on property in both Cannonsgate and/or EI at the moment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 10:28 AM

713 posts, read 3,930,875 times
Smile Some information on Cannonsgate Emerald Isle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ei_beachhouse View Post
I have not been down to EI in quite some time. Just wondering how the Cannonsgate plan is coming along? Any news on when this plan should be filing up and what are lot prices doing? Good buy/bad buy? Also, I own a summer home on the island and have been called recently by someone who is selling due to relocation. I'm strongly considering crunching the numbers. Anyone have any thoughts on property in both Cannonsgate and/or EI at the moment?
All the roads and infrastructure are done in Cannonsgate.

The date which is going to be used to calculate when homes must be in place due to the covenants was set, and original owners will need a home in place by Nov. 1, 2012 and other purchasers will need a home in place by Nov. 1, 2013.

Construction on the Post Office and the Clubhouse should be finished by early spring.

There are a number of owners in Cannonsgate who are looking to sell now that the special financing is running out.

Properties on Emerald Isle are still not selling as well as mainland properties.

I took some photos down near the marina recently. As you can see the marina area is gorgeous.

Moderator cut: tos violation

PS- Here is a sunset shot that I snapped a few days ago on my way out of Cannonsgate.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-09-2008 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: left out a word

Old 12-10-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Thanks Dave- Cannonsgate Looks Great

Dave,

Thanks for the update on Cannonsgate. The pictures are fantastic and the marina looks every bit as nice as they said it would prior to construction.

Do you mean (from your post) that anyone that owns a lot MUST build a house by 2012 or 2013? I had not heard that.

You state your company is taking over the office. What happened to the original marketing company?

Thanks again!

Old 12-10-2007, 07:42 PM

Smile More Cannonsgate

Quote:
Dave,

Thanks for the update on Cannonsgate. The pictures are fantastic and the marina looks every bit as nice as they said it would prior to construction.

Do you mean (from your post) that anyone that owns a lot MUST build a house by 2012 or 2013? I had not heard that.

You state your company is taking over the office. What happened to the original marketing company?

Thanks again!
The covenants state houses must be built by those dates.

The marketing company has gone on to their next development.

I believe that is what they normally do.

Moderator cut: solicitation

I cannot seem to find my most recent shot of the clubhouse, but here is one of the post office building taken last week.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-09-2008 at 11:15 PM..

Old 12-10-2007, 08:39 PM

Dave,

Thanks yet again. I'd certainly appreciate any pictures you can come up with. This place looks great. Any thoughts on what the lots are going for (low end)?

Thanks Much!

Old 12-11-2007, 06:43 AM

Smile Response to Cannonsgate lots

Quote:
Dave,

Thanks yet again. I'd certainly appreciate any pictures you can come up with. This place looks great. Any thoughts on what the lots are going for (low end)?

Thanks Much!
There are fifteen Cannonsgate lots in MLS that are priced less than $200K. The least expensive one is $150K.

Usually you get the best deal on a lot if you work with one of the builders who all bought a few lots.

Every home that is going to be built at Cannonsgate has to go through a digital architectural review.

From what I have heard the process is complex enough that the easiest way to get a home approved for construction is to use one of the recommended builders.

I suspect that is what most people will do.

I'll do some more pictures today or tomorrow.

-David

Old 12-12-2007, 06:10 AM

Smile More Cannonsgate Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsobotta View Post
There are fifteen Cannonsgate lots in MLS that are priced less than $200K. The least expensive one is $150K.

Usually you get the best deal on a lot if you work with one of the builders who all bought a few lots.

Every home that is going to be built at Cannonsgate has to go through a digital architectural review.

From what I have heard the process is complex enough that the easiest way to get a home approved for construction is to use one of the recommended builders.

I suspect that is what most people will do.

I'll do some more pictures today or tomorrow.

-David
Here are a couple of pictures that I took yesterday. The first is the Cannonsgate Clubhouse under construction.

The second is sunset on Bogue Sound from the point where the channel to the Cannonsgate marina connects with the sound.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Great Cannonsgate Pictures

Dave,

The pictures are great. I hope you'll keep us updated with more as progress continues.

Thanks again!

Old 12-14-2007, 08:36 PM

Smile Will provide regular pictures of Cannonsgate

Quote:
Dave,

The pictures are great. I hope you'll keep us updated with more as progress continues.

Thanks again!
I'll be certain to keep posting pictures as house construction begins after the first of the year and as the Clubhouse get finished.

Moderator cut: signature violation

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-09-2008 at 11:17 PM..

Old 12-18-2007, 01:38 PM

2 posts, read 13,065 times
Default October Video of Cannonsgate

It's good to see everything coming along nicely at Cannonsgate.

I work with a guy who owns several lots in the development, and I drove down there in October to take some pictures, just after the roads have been put in.

I also put a video together which we have up at: http://flycpg.com/images/Cannonsgate...view_BIG-1.wmv
(WARNING - 45 MB Movie file)

The progress on the clubhouse looks good. Should be an exciting year next year as the houses start going in!

Moderator cut: signature violation

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-09-2008 at 11:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina