Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2012, 06:45 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
And thank you for the photo's of the Childerns Hosptial. If I'm not mistaken didnt they say the Children's hospital can be expanded upwards in the future? I may be thinking of another hospital.
I recall them saying it's engineered to add another floor (or was it two additional floors?). Personally, I would have built the building and just not finished the interior of the top floor(s)...that's going to be very disruptive whenever they add onto it; it would have been less disruptive if they just had to do the interiors later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 03:46 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
The CH will be four stories, with the ability to add on two additional stories when needed.

There is a lot of things that go into a hospital building. I assume it didn't make financial sense to build it now.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I wish I couldve gave you 1000 rep. points for that. I'm definitely doing that now. Sounds like a perfect combination for romance filled night.

@Mr.Bojangles, I've seen dozens of the signs. They also have "Convention District" signs on Greenville BLVD (there's plenty of those signs on Greenville BLVD), some on Dickinson Avenue, some in Uptown, some North of the River, and etc. You just have to look hard enough, it may be surprising to see how many there are.
And thank you for the photo's of the Childerns Hosptial. If I'm not mistaken didnt they say the Children's hospital can be expanded upwards in the future? I may be thinking of another hospital.
I'm not referring to the normal wayfinding signs. I mean the signs that indicate you're in a "district". Such as when you're on Stantonsburg or 5th St, there is a sign that says "Medical District". So they have that sign with the convention center as well?

Those "districts" are needed to help separate the city, which in turn makes it sound larger.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:48 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Oh ok, I've only seen the Medical District, Convention District, I may have seen a stadium district but that could my imagination and some other district that I can't recalll as of right now. And I understand why they'll leave it available for expansion, the new childrens hospital is probably designed at a higher capacitiy than is needed as of right now. I was driving around today and noticed that the decals for "Vidant" are on everybodies vehicles already, I didn't know they were changing that fast.

I really wish Greenville would have a jazzy restaurant, where you can and listen to jazz music, poetry, and etc. The food doesn't even have to be too good, long as the atmosphere is perfect. (of course I want the food to be good though). It would HAVE to be in uptown to get that "urban" atmosphere that I love.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:22 PM

Starlight sometimes has jazz type music.

Speaking of Starlight, what is going on in the alley beside Starlight and Winslow's building? Is that Merchant's Alley project? All the asphalt/concrete is pulled up there.

Also, hopefully the Evans Street Gateway Project construction will start at the end of the year.

The new rail yard should begin construction around April/May. Estimated duration of the project is 8 to 10 months.

South Tar River extension from Green to Pitt should start/end in March.

Last edited by MrBojangles; 02-11-2012 at 05:33 PM..

Old 02-13-2012, 08:36 AM

71 posts, read 291,218 times
Ok so I'm not a big fan of starting rumors or saying I heard this or that, or even stating that I have a relaible source that said something, but...........this was too good not to post.

I was speaking with a friend of mine (who isn't a liar! ) and he stated to me that there is a group in the Greensboro area that is very interested in scoping out Greenville as a target for a new theme park. Apparently there had been some dialogue with the former Greenville City Manager ( before Wayne Bowers ) and it was going in a positive direction. When the recession occurred some things were tabled for a while but it sounds like the heat is being turned up again.

Anybody else heard anything about this?

Again, if it isn't true please forgive me, it just kind of excited me so I thought I would share with the board.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:14 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,826 times
I don't know how true that sounds, but Greenville could really, really use some kind of entertainment & any type of theme park (no matter now small) would be awesome. It would have be be located off of a major highway, I'd imagine though with easy access to Raleigh & everywhere else.

I don't see it happening, but that would be fantastic.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:18 AM

on another note...I ate at Wasabi 88 this weekend for the first time. I don't know why I waited so long. Probably some of the best food I've had in Greenville anywhere. I felt more like I was in Raleigh eating than Greenville. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't been before. I don't eat Sushi fyi, so there is plenty of non-sushi food there that is fantastic & decent priced.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:25 PM

18 posts, read 25,270 times
The sign is up for the new bar/restaurant going in the old Boli's downtown. I think its called "The Quarry". Looks really good!

Also, was driving by Upper Deck and noticed the For Lease sign hanging up. Guess they are going out of business?

Old 02-13-2012, 02:24 PM

there is a "The Quarry" in Brevard, NC:

The Quarry: 14 S. Gaston Street. Brevard, NC 28712. Phone- 828-877-2244: Welcome To Our Restaurant

It may not be connected with this at all, but I hope it is...looks like something nice that we need down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina