Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 11:09 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
Chipotle would be awesome!
As much as I hate Chipolte simply because I've eaten it too much (up here in DC everyone eats it), I wouldn't mind opening one up in Downtown Greenville. With all those college kids from areas with Chipolte, they'd love it! I bet someone is going to steal my idea though and open one in Downtown Greenville in a year or two because of what I said up here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 11:43 AM

77 posts, read 150,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
My big question about this project, and I expect the answer is no. But I hope this project will receive NCI-designated Cancer Center status.
There would be absolutely no point in paying nearly $200 million if they weren't going to pursue and achieve Cancer Center designation. You are going to have a very difficult time recruiting to Greenville the type of high-powered, research-oriented physicians/researchers necessary without a serious investment in facilities, which they seem to have recognized. Interesting how this doesn't (at first glance at least) go along with the stated goal of the Brody SOM: to provide more primary care physicians to eastern NC. I wonder if that apparent contradiction will be resolved (if at all).

Old 06-04-2013, 11:45 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesrock View Post
WOW. That is some exciting info! The one thing that will be interesting is that you said it will mirror the design of ECHI. I really am hoping that it's not as simple looking as the ECHI just because it is a very important building that is going to be a huge influence on the future of Vidant. Hopefully they mean by mirroring the design is that it will be the same unified design but that it will still be a unique building. I feel like the ECHI was a little too simple in the design unlike say, the new Childrens Hospital. I mean, this should look like a world class facility so I just hope they don't go cheap with the design. But of course either way its great for Vidant and Greenville so that's the most important part.
Maybe I didn't choose the best words, but let me give a little history about ECHI and medicine in general. For the most part (since ever), there are two types of doctors: physicians and surgeons. They each have their own way to fix and treat. ECHI was the first? (I think so) to put both under one roof and working together. So they are not competing when trying to deal with this organ system (cardiovascular).

So I believe the Cancer tower will have this same feel. So it isn't as much of the outside, but the inner workings.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk_md View Post
There would be absolutely no point in paying nearly $200 million if they weren't going to pursue and achieve Cancer Center designation. You are going to have a very difficult time recruiting to Greenville the type of high-powered, research-oriented physicians/researchers necessary without a serious investment in facilities, which they seem to have recognized. Interesting how this doesn't (at first glance at least) go along with the stated goal of the Brody SOM: to provide more primary care physicians to eastern NC. I wonder if that apparent contradiction will be resolved (if at all).
In the paperwork it basically talks about how we catch cancer further along in its disease-state (in eastern NC). So maybe if we had more PCP, we could cancer screen earlier and faster.

This is only Vidant's part. I don't know if ECU is going to "match" like they did with ECHI. If they are actually going to replicate ECHI, then I would expect an ECU Cancer Institute.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:38 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Get ready for a BIG Cancer Tower info dump.......
I sure hope they build the walls straighter than pictured!

Old 06-04-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
I sure hope they build the walls straighter than pictured!

You don't like my "post-modernism" design? lol

Old 06-04-2013, 02:57 PM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
Quote:
As much as I hate Chipolte simply because I've eaten it too much (up here in DC everyone eats it), I wouldn't mind opening one up in Downtown Greenville. With all those college kids from areas with Chipolte, they'd love it! I bet someone is going to steal my idea though and open one in Downtown Greenville in a year or two because of what I said up here.
would be great in one of the retail spots below the housing development

Old 06-04-2013, 07:49 PM

978 posts, read 2,054,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Chipotle is pretty good, but I slightly prefer Qdoba. The only burrito place I didn't care for was Salsarita's. Their queso dip was flavorless, as well as the rest of the food. Also, it was more expensive than most burrito places.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:59 PM

895 posts, read 2,096,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancePippin0982 View Post
has anyone heard anything else about PF Changs or Costco coming to town?
PF Changs- The market doesn't seem typical, but the deal seems to be done; just a matter of time. Deal is listed on Tradecor LLC's website.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:58 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Greenville near the top of a list of top manufacturing cities???

Overall Manufacturing Jobs - 2013 Best Cities Rankings | Newgeography.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina