Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times

Advertisements

There is a RUMOR that I haven't verified, but the supposed retail near Kohl's is Belk's moving from the mall. I usually post only facts, but I figured a if I bold the word rumor, then its ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 08:46 PM

61 posts, read 58,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
It'll be a good, long while before Trader Joe's comes to Greenville.
Fresh Market is probably enough for Greenville. I'd have thought Earth Fare would've made their way out there by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
There is a RUMOR that I haven't verified, but the supposed retail near Kohl's is Belk's moving from the mall. I usually post only facts, but I figured a if I bold the word rumor, then its ok.
If that turns out to be true that really sucks for the mall; losing an anchor tenant is never good.

Last edited by Wes Mantooth; 12-30-2012 at 08:57 PM..

Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
If they do move, then expect for the mall to be leveled within a decade after Belk leaving. When Belk leaves a smaller mall, that mall always falls.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:53 AM

61 posts, read 58,748 times
To be fair enclosed malls are living on borrowed time at this point anyway.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
To be fair enclosed malls are living on borrowed time at this point anyway.
I completely agree, most of them are prone to be demolished over the next two decades while some such as Crabtree Town Center may survive the test of time.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:35 AM

192 posts, read 281,138 times
[quote=Wes Mantooth;27554978]Fresh Market is probably enough for Greenville. I'd have thought Earth Fare would've made their way out there by now.

In what way is Fresh Market enough? If by enough of a pseudo-health food grocerer that is way overpriced then I'd agree but this area wood really benefit from a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. But I agree that that is wishful thinking. This city is still very dependent on cheap food and hasn't been educate enough or doesn't care enough to pay for healthy (not just overpriced, like Fresh Market) options.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:35 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
We've got to try to keep this thread on topic. It has been running for a long time and we don't want the mods to .

Old 12-31-2012, 05:10 PM

910 posts, read 1,319,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
In what way is Fresh Market enough? If by enough of a pseudo-health food grocerer that is way overpriced then I'd agree but this area wood really benefit from a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. But I agree that that is wishful thinking. This city is still very dependent on cheap food and hasn't been educate enough or doesn't care enough to pay for healthy (not just overpriced, like Fresh Market) options.
I think what the poster meant was the market for upscale and natural foods stores in Greenville is only large enough to support one of the bigger chains.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:38 AM

21 posts, read 32,581 times
Heard another RUMOR that it wasnt Belk thats opening beside Khol's but instead it was Macy's, take it with a grain of salt like i said RUMOR, i dont know how true but that would be amazing...

Old 01-01-2013, 06:02 PM

Macy's would never open in the Greenville market, well unless a income boom happens along with a population boom. I honestly don't even want anymore retail positions in Greenville unless more white collar or high-tech manufacturing companies move in. Retail positions don't create wealth within a city, the jobs I mentioned in the previous sentence do. Greenville leaders are utilizing the cities assets properly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina