Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 06:18 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Anyone heard of the 4th Street Pocket Park? I guess it is going behind Merchants Alley, but not sure where.
Directly across the street from Jefferson's. Here is all there is so far:

I'll be expecting a ferris wheel in the middle of a roller coaster on top of a tilt-a-whirl on this lot soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM

286 posts, read 653,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
A new billboard is going up on Evans, north of Arlington. Sadly, I wish the city would ban them. They are ugly, and unneeded in the city, IMO.
This may go down in history as the only time we agree. I despise the ugly things. It's one thing to have them on I-95 or something but around town it's sanctioned blight.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Directly across the street from Jefferson's. Here is all there is so far:

I'll be expecting a ferris wheel in the middle of a roller coaster on top of a tilt-a-whirl on this lot soon!
Anyone else here a Parks And Recreation fan? I'm reminded of Leslie's World's Smallest Park on the old phone booth island.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:28 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,200 times
Pocket Park on 4th artist rendering:

Old 01-14-2013, 08:07 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Pocket Park on 4th artist rendering:
I love that. Downtown Greenville is actually going to be a nice place to live eventually.

Last edited by BMORE; 01-14-2013 at 08:20 PM..

Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 PM

247 posts, read 445,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I love that. Downtown Greenville is actually going to be a nice place to live eventually.
I liked what you said before you changed it, I didn't have a problem with your french!

Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
I liked what you said before you changed it, I didn't have a problem with your french!
LOL, yeah I thought about it and decided to change it. I'm a tough critic on Greenville you know, so when I'm excited about city improvements it's hard to contain.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:31 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,898 times
Quote:
We really are seeing a lot more development in the downtown area since the new mayor Allen Thomas got elected. All it takes is for one person to actually do something about the problems and not just ignore them. Now we just need a new company HQ or somw kind of high tech jobs in the area.
I second..or third this statement. It's like the town has woken up after he was elected. I also feel like I've seen less crime on TV since the old Police Chief left. Most of the crime headlines on the news now seem to be another city in teh east & not Greenville for once.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 AM

145 posts, read 266,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I second..or third this statement. It's like the town has woken up after he was elected. I also feel like I've seen less crime on TV since the old Police Chief left. Most of the crime headlines on the news now seem to be another city in teh east & not Greenville for once.
I

I agree. I think the new police chief really is doing a good job because if you look at the news right now they have had lots of drug busts and then they just finished a big operation downtown where they arrested something like 33 people over a couple of weeks.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesrock View Post
I

I agree. I think the new police chief really is doing a good job because if you look at the news right now they have had lots of drug busts and then they just finished a big operation downtown where they arrested something like 33 people over a couple of weeks.
Much of the decrease in crime and specifically at least one of the items mentioned can be attributed to the Sheriff's department and Neil Elks. His department has done an amazing job; he really turned things around there after being elected.

Not trying to take away from the police chief since I do believe our new chief is good... just pointing out that the PCSO has been working hard too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina