Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2013, 04:04 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,310,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
The highway itself would be 1/2 mile away from the house so to me it seems like it could really allow for an easier commute to work, making it a more desirable location for buyers. But I may be being overly optimistic about the potential noise pollution. But I wouldn't try to keep it a secret if selling the house. I guess it just depends on how you look at it. I'm just wondering how most people will look at it so I can get an idea if it's going to negatively effect the value of the area.

I'm sure if I was right next to it, there would be a problem but with a half mile buffer it seems less likely to be such a kick to property value.
It might also depend if there are dense trees or structures in between that can dampen the sound..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 07:07 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
If it's zoned residential then the value will drop. Ask yourself this question. Would you buy a house that's in close proximity to a 4 lane 70 MPH road? Or... If you were to offer the house for sale, would you willingly disclose this information to a prospective buyer?
Wouldn't the seller in such a situation legally have to disclose information such as this to a prospective buyer?

When we bought outside of Winston-Salem in 2011, we received all kinds of documents on a proposed highway expansion/re-routing that affects our subdivision, and had to sign that we had received the disclosures as part of the closing process.

The route the DOT chose was unfortunately the one closest to our home. I feel bad for the homes that will be torn down due to the construction.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:02 AM

3,084 posts, read 4,859,830 times
The Community Smith project has started on 5th St downtown. The three buildings on the corner of Cotanche are being gutted.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:15 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times
After 20 years of being at its original location on Charles Blvd., East Coast Music & Video has moved to the shopping center across the street from the highway patrol station on 10th St.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:36 PM

City council approves $7.9 million transportation center - WNCT

I don't remember seeing info on the GTAC update from two months ago. Despite how much effort has been put into this, this project still seems far from happening soon. Still haven't gotten a commitment from Amtrak, nor have they secured all the federal funds necessary, hardly any in fact. Not sure if the plan shown is the one chosen, but in those diagrams I don't see rain coverings from the building to the bus area, nor is there a dining area. They haven't even purchased the land yet.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:42 PM

107 posts, read 175,776 times
The bus service for Amtrak from Morehead City to Wilson doesn't seem to be doing very good. The last 2 buses on Highway 43 headed to New Bern that I've seen had 1 passenger & 0 on the other. I don't see how they can keep funding this service due to the low usage.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:07 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadvocate View Post
The bus service for Amtrak from Morehead City to Wilson doesn't seem to be doing very good. The last 2 buses on Highway 43 headed to New Bern that I've seen had 1 passenger & 0 on the other. I don't see how they can keep funding this service due to the low usage.
Federal funds; Amtrak is largely unprofitable in the US aside from the Acela and North East lines and the bus service is no exception, besides, the route isn't advertised nearly enough to ever turn a profit.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:52 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
After 20 years of being at its original location on Charles Blvd., East Coast Music & Video has moved to the shopping center across the street from the highway patrol station on 10th St.
Is that building getting razed and/or sold to another developer?

Old 12-02-2013, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Is that building getting razed and/or sold to another developer?
It has a "For Lease" sign.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:27 AM

3,084 posts, read 4,859,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
It has a "For Lease" sign.
That corridor needs further redevelopment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina