U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-13-2015, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,312 posts, read 26,328,326 times
Reputation: 11779

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
For clarity, there were two plays where Jones had big hits on Oregon players. On one he ran into a linebacker and flattened him. Linebacker did make the stop though. The second was the nose tackle. He flattened him and kept running.
Which one was the 3rd or 4th down play where he appeared to be stopped dead in his tracks and then pushed the guy over?

I was thinking: "Man, do they not push sleds in Oregon?" That's just embarassing. No NFL contract for you, sir.

 
Old 01-13-2015, 10:45 AM
 
Location: The Dirty South.
1,573 posts, read 1,435,878 times
Reputation: 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I kinda have to agree with you on this: you don't start runnin' serious smack about being the best program in football until you actually win a national championship.

But Ohio State fans have been insufferable the past 12 hours. Can't wait until Harbaugh delivers them Buckeyes a good beat down.
I think TCU will be back and give Ohio state a run. TCU gets most of its starters back.
 
Old 01-13-2015, 10:52 AM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 6,438,335 times
Reputation: 3122
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Which one was the 3rd or 4th down play where he appeared to be stopped dead in his tracks and then pushed the guy over?

I was thinking: "Man, do they not push sleds in Oregon?" That's just embarassing. No NFL contract for you, sir.
Oh brother, was i watching the same game? I tell you, Oregon beat themselves! Oregon in the opening drive went untouched and scored easily a touchdown in 10 plays and less then 2 minutes in true oregon fashion. Thats the trueth and left Ohio St scratching there heads, 2nd and 3rd Oregon drives the same except stupid dropped passes and offensive penalties on third down by oregon (started beating themselves). It just went down hill from there. For christ sakes even the comontaters where saying that Oregon needs to stop beating themselves after the first half. I won't take the victory away from Ohio St, they capitalized and took advantage of Oregons mental weaknessess and played better today. Im disappointed because

Pg 1/2
 
Old 01-13-2015, 11:05 AM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 6,438,335 times
Reputation: 3122
Pg 2/2

Continued from page 1/2

despite what fans egos say. Oregon didn't bring there game, yes ohio st was bigger and stonger etc etc but most teams oregon faced are far bigger etc. Im really disappointed because had Oregon been mentallty prepared for this game and brought there "A" game it would of been a very exciting game.

As for the sled comment. Lets not forget that Oregon manhandled Michigan State, Arizona, UCLA, Stanford, Utah, Fla. st. All bigger, far more physical teams. Just supports my point of Oregon beating themselves.
 
Old 01-13-2015, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,312 posts, read 26,328,326 times
Reputation: 11779
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Oh brother, was i watching the same game? I tell you, Oregon beat themselves! Oregon in the opening drive went untouched and scored easily a touchdown in 10 plays and less then 2 minutes in true oregon fashion. Thats the trueth and left Ohio St scratching there heads, 2nd and 3rd Oregon drives the same except stupid dropped passes and offensive penalties on third down by oregon (started beating themselves). It just went down hill from there. For christ sakes even the comontaters where saying that Oregon needs to stop beating themselves after the first half. I won't take the victory away from Ohio St, they capitalized and took advantage of Oregons mental weaknessess and played better today. Im disappointed because

Pg 1/2
Clearly not. You college football fans are way too invested in these programs to see things objectively.

OSU gifted Oregon 4 turnovers and Oregon still couldn't get the job done. That was because OSU played very good defense in the Red Zone.

OSU did a good job shutting down the hurry up. They kept putting Oregon in 3rd and long situations. That wasn't because Oregon played poorly; OSU's defense played that well.

OSU completely gashed Oregon's run defense. I thought Oregon's run defense was suspect in the FSU game. It's just that FSU's defense was even worse.
 
Old 01-13-2015, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,312 posts, read 26,328,326 times
Reputation: 11779
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Pg 2/2

Continued from page 1/2

despite what fans egos say. Oregon didn't bring there game, yes ohio st was bigger and stonger etc etc but most teams oregon faced are far bigger etc. Im really disappointed because had Oregon been mentallty prepared for this game and brought there "A" game it would of been a very exciting game.
OSU didn't let Oregon play their "A" game. You know, your opponent does have *some* impact on the way you play.
 
Old 01-13-2015, 11:30 AM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,891,880 times
Reputation: 2785
Congrats to Ohio State. They are the most legitimate National Champion college football has ever had.
 
Old 01-13-2015, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,312 posts, read 26,328,326 times
Reputation: 11779
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Congrats to Ohio State. They are the most legitimate National Champion college football has ever had.
Which isn't saying a whole lot considering TCU got shafted.

Perhaps the only sport with a legitimate No. 1 is tennis where they have a points system and hawkeye technology for line calls, completely removing human error from the sport. Unlike college football, the powers that be in professional tennis can't protect players from possible losses.
 
Old 01-13-2015, 11:44 AM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 6,438,335 times
Reputation: 3122
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Clearly not. You college football fans are way too invested in these programs to see things objectively.

OSU gifted Oregon 4 turnovers and Oregon still couldn't get the job done. That was because OSU played very good defense in the Red Zone.

OSU did a good job shutting down the hurry up. They kept putting Oregon in 3rd and long situations. That wasn't because Oregon played poorly; OSU's defense played that well.

OSU completely gashed Oregon's run defense. I thought Oregon's run defense was suspect in the FSU game. It's just that FSU's defense was even worse.
Despite what you say stats don't lie, Oregon was +30 in the take aways (the best in NCAA), Oregon was also best in NCAA in converting points off turnovers +130 points(Top of my head, could be wrong). No ohio won the game, oregon helped alot.
 
Old 01-13-2015, 11:46 AM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,891,880 times
Reputation: 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Which isn't saying a whole lot considering TCU got shafted.

Perhaps the only sport with a legitimate No. 1 is tennis where they have a points system and hawkeye technology for line calls, completely removing human error from the sport. Unlike college football, the powers that be in professional tennis can't protect players from possible losses.
If we did not have the playoff, we would have had a Florida State - Alabama title game. So while it's not perfect, I think an 8 team playoff would be best, it's still a heck of a lot better than what we had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top