Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2015, 02:21 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,011 times

Advertisements

Western Michigan is coming out of the Bahamas with a win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 04:54 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,011 times
San Diego State owned Cincinnati in Hawaii 42-7, and i know many Bearcats fans are pretty much done with Tommy Tuberville at this point.

Also, Merry Christmas, everyone.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:02 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
San Diego State owned Cincinnati in Hawaii 42-7, and i know many Bearcats fans are pretty much done with Tommy Tuberville at this point.

Also, Merry Christmas, everyone.
Yep. Merry Christmas to all of you college football addicts!

Old 12-25-2015, 01:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
and that didn't make me smile. Family pool; I had won 6 in a row; since then I have only won the San Diego state game.

And yes, Merry Christmas to all of you.

Tomorrow no Christmas dinner, no presents to unwrap, no church, but lots of football.

Old 12-25-2015, 03:55 PM

3,734 posts, read 2,563,582 times
Quote:
Congrats to the Broncos, on their school's first Bowl win.

I'm likin' this Popeye's Bahamas Bowl.. the name is goofy, but they've hosted back-to-back good Bowls.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:53 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
New Mexico Bowl: Arizona vs. New Mexico. A home game for New Mexico and Bob Davie. They won on the smurf turf in Boise, and I think they can take out a Wildcats team that had high hopes this year and floundered.
Las Vegas Bowl: BYU vs. Utah (Holy War in Sin City). Kind of ironic these 2 playing each other in Las Vegas of all places??
Camellia Bowl: Ohio vs. Appalachian State. No idea
Cure Bowl: San Jose State vs. Georgia State. And of Georgia State loses, 2 teams playing in the same bowl will both finish with losing records! If that doesn't say "there's too many bowl games" I don't know what does.
New Orleans Bowl: Arkansas State vs. Louisiana Tech. Could be an exciting game.

Quote:
A disappointing 2-3 on the first day hoping to get back to .500 with Western Kentucky over USF. Hilltoppers have been great, and a chance for a 12 win season is within reach.

Quote:
Akron vs. Utah State. Is Terry Bowden still coaching Akron??
Temple vs. Toledo. Pretty exciting game, too bad I'll be working, so I won't be able to watch much or any of it
Boise State vs. NorthernIllinois. Another great game I won't be able to watch. BTW, why are they putting a game in San Diego at 1:30 local time?? Makes absolutely no sense. Switch this and the Go Daddy Bowl in Birmingham.
Georgia Southern vs.Bowling Green. Don't know much about either team.
Middle Tennessee vs.Western Michigan. Directional Michigan vs. non-directional Tennessee!
San Diego State vs.Cincinnati. I know this game is usually played on Christmas Eve, but why have it in the same time slot as the NFL game?? I'll get the rest of the first selections sometime Thursday or Friday.

7-5 heading into the final part 1 selections, let's finish strong!

St. Petersburg Bowl: Connecticut vs. Marshall. Bob Diaco has the program on the upswing, but the Herd has too much firepower for us to slow down for an entire 60 minutes.
Sun Bowl: Miami vs. Washington State. The Cougs!
Heart of Dallas Bowl: Washington vs. Southern Miss. Huskies end the season strong
Pinstripe Bowl: Indiana vs. Duke. Duke still hasn't recovered from that Miami game, think Indiana will take this
Independence Bowl: Tulsa vs. Virginia Tech. Tulsa is only playing about 5 and a half hours away, so they should have a pretty good contingent in Shreveport, and the Huskies are missing some starters, but I'll take Beamer winning with Beamer ball in his last game.
Foster Farms Bowl: UCLA vs. Nebraska. Nebraska should be thankful they are even playing in a bowl game and got the extended practice.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:30 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,461,907 times
I am excited to see how Nick Mullins matches up against the UW defense. Should be a great game, strength on strength. Good luck, Southern Miss, though not too much of course. Hope no one gets hurt and that you have a great signing day and 2016, win or lose tomorrow.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:48 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Quote:
Foster Farms Bowl: UCLA vs. Nebraska. Nebraska should be thankful they are even playing in a bowl game and got the extended practice.
How did a 5-7 Nebraska team get into a bowl?

Old 12-26-2015, 10:33 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
well according to this article;

Nebraska happy to be in Foster Farms Bowl - SFGate

Quote:
There weren’t enough teams with the required six wins to become bowl-eligible, so the field was filled out with 5-7 teams based on their Academic Progress Rate. Nebraska was tops among those teams in that category.
perhaps there are too many bowl games now.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:48 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post

Short answer: There's too many damn bowl games.

Long answer: There weren't enough eligible teams that qualified, so I think choosing between 5-7 teams broke down to graduation rate or something like that, and of the 5-7 teams Nebraska was one of the highest. Of course they could've declined the bid like some teams did to save face which probably would've been even LESS embarrassing, which is really sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football