Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 06:38 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times

Advertisements

This one is gonna pack a punch. News11 Grand Junction calls for the storm to roll in to Grand Junction early in the morning with some heavy winds. Temps won't drop here that much though we might get our first snow Saturday night or Sunday morning. Chances are it won't stick though. The high country is another matter though. Blizzard and winter storm warnings are up for the high country tomorrow afternoon and evening and moving east. Doesn't sound like this weekend is a good time to be traveling in the hills. Hope I'm wrong but we'll see.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:37 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Talking Winter Storm Watch

It has been a while since we had snow in Pueblo and the front range but it looks like we might get some snow this week! As usual if Pueblo gets snow look for my snow video. This time with a new and fun graphic!

This is from the NWS:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PUEBLO CO
331 PM MST TUE NOV 29 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PUEBLO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT.

* LOCATION...THE SANGRE DE CRISTO MOUNTAINS...THE WET MOUNTAINS...THE LA GARITA MOUNTAINS...THE EASTERN SAWATCH MOUNTAINS AND THE EASTERN SAN JUAN MOUNTAINS...THE WESTERN MOSQUITO RANGE...THE INTERSTATE 25 CORRIDOR AS WELL AS FREMONT...TELLER...CROWLEY AND EASTERN LAS ANIMAS COUNTIES.

* CAUSE AND TIMING...A STRONG COLD FRONT MOVING ACROSS THE REGION WEDNESDAY NIGHT IN COMBINATION WITH UPPER LEVEL ENERGY WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING PERIODS OF SNOW AND GUSTY NORTH WINDS TO THE WINTER STORM WATCH AREA.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...IN EXCESS OF 6 INCHES ACROSS THE PLAINS AND IN EXCESS OF 8 INCHES OVER THE MOUNTAINS MAY OCCUR.

* WIND
...NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS AT 10 TO 25 MPH WITH LOCALIZED WIND GUSTS AROUND 40 MPH AT TIMES.

* IMPACT
...THE POTENTIAL FOR MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL AT TIMES IN COMBINATION WITH AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ACROSS THE WINTER STORM WATCH AREA. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH IS ISSUED WHEN THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS TO DEVELOP. WINTER STORMS MAY HAVE STRONG WINDS AND REDUCED VISIBILITY DUE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL AND BLOWING SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF OVER 6 INCHES ACROSS THE PLAINS AND HIGH VALLEYS OR OVER 8 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS MAY OCCUR.

IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL IN THE WATCH AREA DURING THE TIME OF THE WATCH...LISTEN TO THE LATEST WEATHER FORECAST AND CONSIDER TRAVELING AT ANOTHER TIME OR BY ANOTHER ROUTE. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL IN OR THROUGH THE WATCH AREA DURING THE TIME OF THE WATCH...TAKE ALONG A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:49 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
NWS in Grand Junction has issued a winter storm watch advisory warning thing. Howling winds, white out conditions, up to 8" of snow, temps dropping 30 degrees from what they were today, cats and dogs mating, volcanos erupting...

It will probably be sunny and nice. My weather rock is ready.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:59 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
NWS in Grand Junction has issued a winter storm watch advisory warning thing. Howling winds, white out conditions, up to 8" of snow, temps dropping 30 degrees from what they were today, cats and dogs mating, volcanos erupting...

It will probably be sunny and nice. My weather rock is ready.
Give us a shout when they get to the virgin sacrifice stuff, I've always wondered what one looks like....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:01 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Talking Winter Weather Advisory

Now that its closer they have a better handle on the amounts and how cold it will be. It will be extremely cold with lows possibly below 0 and wind chills defiantly below 0! I can't wait.

If this sets up right I forecast 3-6 inches of snow in the city of Pueblo with more in the suburbs west and south of town with blowing and drifting snow.

This is from the NWS:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PUEBLO CO
1140 AM MST WED NOV 30 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PUEBLO HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 6 PM MST THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATION...SOUTHERN EL PASO COUNTY...PUEBLO COUNTY AND FREMONT COUNTY.

* CAUSE AND TIMING...AN ARCTIC FRONT MOVING ACROSS THE REGION TONIGHT. THIS FRONT COMBINED WITH GUSTY NORTH WINDS AND A STORM OVER UTAH WILL BRING SNOW TO THE REGION THROUGH TOMORROW.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 4 INCHES. LOCALLY HEAVIER AMOUNTS WILL BE POSSIBLE NEAR THE MOUNTAINS.

* WIND...NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS AT 15 TO 30 MPH WITH LOCALIZED WIND GUSTS AROUND 40 MPH AT TIMES...WILL RESULT IN AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW.

* WIND CHILLS...ZERO TO 10 DEGREES.

* IMPACT...BLACK ICE WILL LIKELY DEVELOP UNDERNEATH THE SNOW PACKED ROADWAYS DURING TOMORROW MORNINGS RUSH HOUR. THE SNOW...WIND AND VERY COLD TEMPERATURES WILL MAKE FOR DIFFICULT DRIVING CONDITIONS. PLEASE DRESS WARMLY TOMORROW AS WIND CHILL VALUES WILL BE IN THE SINGLE DIGITS THROUGHOUT THE DAY.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:25 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Give us a shout when they get to the virgin sacrifice stuff, I've always wondered what one looks like....
Me too. I'm 60 years old, and haven't seen one of those yet.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:28 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PUEBLO HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 6 PM MST THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATION...SOUTHERN EL PASO COUNTY...PUEBLO COUNTY AND FREMONT COUNTY.
Yay. I get to drive to Raton tomorrow afternoon.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:49 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,986,755 times
Wink Warm & cozy -- or otherwise

Some days are just better spent at home, and tomorrow might be one of them.

Although, depending, it seems the heavier snow is expected in the foothills of the front range than in the high country. But snow and wind in varying amounts along the entire length of I-25 into New Mexico.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:34 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,123,354 times
We had 7" of snow at 7 am. Cold (18 degrees) and snowy. Woohoo powder day tomorrow!

Old 12-01-2011, 08:46 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,999,002 times
Mostly cloudy with a temp right around the freezing mark in Grand Junction. A pleasantly warm morning indeed.....with NO SNOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado