Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,117,148 times

Advertisements

Neurosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
RP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 05:03 PM

35 posts, read 78,787 times

Thanks for these -- I might check them out myself, as I might be here a while.

You've heard my rants on other forums about Montrose. I am not the only one who rants about it -- I've heard it from others, including some people I've met in Delta. I toured Bill Hettles recently and sure would like to use that facility, but the 40-mile round trip is a bit much more than once a week. My Humana insurance lets me in for free, so that's a great perk.

Also, I use Hellman Motors for my vehicle purchases -- great people.

I should have bought in Delta 6 years ago, but, no, I had to have the scenery. I talked to some people at Bill Hettles when I was there, and they all say they like Delta lots better than Montrose, which they think is snobby.

I've been looking at houses on-line up there -- I've never strayed off U.S. 50, so have no idea where all the nice subs are, but I may just crank up my GPS and go looking.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:27 PM

791 posts, read 2,959,405 times
Default Need some info. about Montrose

If I can get the following questions answered about the Montrose area that would be great!

Politics
Is this area liberal or conservative? (Hippy or gun toting?)

Crime
How safe do you feel living in the area?
Do you often hear of violent crime taking place in or around Montrose?

Shopping
Do you rely on GJ for major shopping such as Christmas/Birthdays?

Weather
Is is windy there? if so how often?

Drugs
How prevalent is drug use? (meth or pot)

Gangs

Do you have gang activity in this area?
Is there a lot of graffiti?

People
Are they friendly in general?

Thanks for all your input!

Old 04-06-2012, 01:10 AM

18,728 posts, read 33,396,751 times
I think there is a long thread about Montrose not too long ago. I only visit a friend there, so can't really comment, although I do think there are a lot of retired people (quiet life?).

Old 04-06-2012, 09:02 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
Lots of threads about Montrose on here. Everyone I personally know who lives there likes it, I visit often. There's big box stores to shop at and nice places along Main Street, personally I can't stand Grand Junkie and hate going there. Montrose is a clean quiet town, no gangs, little crime, but some graffiti, drug use is like it is everyplace else around here, just not in your face dealers on every street corner thing. Great restaurants, mild winters and summer. There IS a windy season and dust storms.

Too big for my taste, but a neat town.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:12 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I think there is a long thread about Montrose not too long ago. I only visit a friend there, so can't really comment, although I do think there are a lot of retired people (quiet life?).
There are a good dozen threads on Montrose, and I've added these new posts to one of them. A quick use of our search tool will find several threads on the town.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:35 PM

791 posts, read 2,959,405 times
Thank you

Old 05-08-2012, 02:36 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,782,238 times
Quote:
Like many people in this thread I am inquiring about moving to the Montrose area. <snip ...> Is there a good outdoor community within Montrose?
Yes there is. You'll find the local hunter crowd, many of whom are part of the local families who have lived for generations in the area. You'll find the younger transplants - some of whom are the yuppie types - who move there for the outdoors recreation - biking, skiing. You'll find older retiree transplants who enjoy hiking, camping, boating.

There's also the throngs of people who pass through the area for camping, hunting, mountain biking, fly fishing.

Quote:
How would it be looking for places to rent (with possible roommates) in or around Montrose?
Easy, Montrose is fairly popular for transitory types of people (oilfield workers and other peopple moving in and out of town) so there's always vacancies and a pretty active rental market

Quote:
I appreciate any and all input as I really have no idea what I would be getting into but I know I want to leave the city and the surrounding area of Montrose looks to be recreationally rich with opportunity.
Yes it is recreationally rich. Mountains, lakes, hiking, Moab and the Utah deserts, the San Juan mountains and Ouray, ice fishing and skiing in the winter, ...

Old 05-08-2012, 05:18 PM

18,728 posts, read 33,396,751 times
What jobs do these "yuppie" types have?
I did think that "yuppie" went out with the 1980s...

Old 05-09-2012, 09:27 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,782,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
What jobs do these "yuppie" types have?
I did think that "yuppie" went out with the 1980s...
Whatever the term is for them nowadays, it's still the same type of person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado