Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:41 PM

77 posts, read 325,474 times

Advertisements

money can be an addiction, as severe as one to any drug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 05:54 PM

95 posts, read 292,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourdreamhouse View Post
Why is being "rich" a negative? It's usually a sign of having worked hard.

I agree. Why is being rich negative? If anything I consider it a good thing.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:55 PM

95 posts, read 292,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiZZ View Post
Not if you know how to spend it though. To some people yes, but to others no.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:56 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiZZ View Post
You are mixing up money with greed and glutony. JAy

Old 02-13-2008, 06:36 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,023,360 times
Uncontrolled greed can be like any other addiction-

and as they say 'A fool and his gold may soon be parted'

Old 02-14-2008, 09:23 AM

30 posts, read 104,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourdreamhouse View Post
Why is being "rich" a negative? It's usually a sign of having worked hard.
Many associate having money and being stuck up. I guess actually living in CT its not bad but down here in material FL being rich= being spoiled and snotty and if u say your from CT people assume you are both.

Haha im not rich thanks to the person who pointed that out. Because your opinion matters more since you have money lmao.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:34 AM

26 posts, read 129,576 times
I have to chime in here and say I've lived in CT my entire life and I'm far from being "rich", or even close to it. The stereotype comes from people in Fairfield county, who are rich, because they couldn't live in Fairfield county if they weren't. Come to CT and visit Hartford, New Haven, Torrington, Willimantic, Waterbury, etc. and then tell me everyone here is a "rich snob". FAR from it.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:18 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,023,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
I have to chime in here and say I've lived in CT my entire life and I'm far from being "rich", or even close to it. The stereotype comes from people in Fairfield county, who are rich, because they couldn't live in Fairfield county if they weren't. Come to CT and visit Hartford, New Haven, Torrington, Willimantic, Waterbury, etc. and then tell me everyone here is a "rich snob". FAR from it.
Great post- and it truly reflects the real Connecticut- not the one in film and popular culture.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 4,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
Yes this is very true, however JayCT noted once that if Fairfield County were taken off the map, Connecticut would still be one of the richest states in the nation.

I also don't think people even in Fairfield County are snobby. Maybe a bit flashy (in some towns) but for the most part, people here are more modest than much of the nation.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:18 PM

32 posts, read 127,505 times
yea i mean, not all of Fairfield county is like that, its mostly just towns like Greenwich, Westport, Weston, new Canaan, exct... its pretty much those towns that make up Connecticut and Fairfield counties bad stereotypes. I mean if you were to go to Shelton, Monroe, or any other huesotonic river valley towns in Fairfield county, its nothing like that stereotype. primarily I would say its mostly the southwestern part of Fairfield county that makes up for the stereotype of the entire state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut