Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2017, 10:45 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider111 View Post

Wow, only $1.5M for new construction and 4200 sq ft, 4 beds and baths and 2 car garage. Prices are coming down in the region
Waterfront location, smart home integration, and a generator. Not really over priced considering the level of premium finishes and location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 06:47 AM

570 posts, read 477,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamford99 View Post
Great news! They look beautiful too! Is this going over the (semi-new) parking garage by the train station? Originally there were going to be two towers going there, I believe.
Welcome to all those 45k jobs. Hurrah.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:42 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanny13 View Post
Has anyone tried this out yet? Last few times I went through here it was a traffic nightmare backing up both ways of Rt 1 from Myrtle. Hoping it might give me a Darien to Greenwich commute alternative to I95 in the morning thru Stamford.

Stamford

Now if only they could do something like this on Rt 1 in the West side..
I can't say I really ever understood the purpose of the Transitway. I know it is supposed to give better access to the Stamford Transit Center but I am not sure it really does that very well given where it starts at Route 1. I would think it would have been more effective if it started south of I-95. Still it does provide a much needed east-west roadway across southeastern Stamford. It would have been more effective though if it continued west to Greenwich. Anyway, this has taken decades to complete so I am glad to see it approaching completion. Would be interested to see other opinions on this. Jay

Old 10-31-2017, 09:59 AM

830 posts, read 1,093,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I can't say I really ever understood the purpose of the Transitway. I know it is supposed to give better access to the Stamford Transit Center but I am not sure it really does that very well given where it starts at Route 1. I would think it would have been more effective if it started south of I-95. Still it does provide a much needed east-west roadway across southeastern Stamford. It would have been more effective though if it continued west to Greenwich. Anyway, this has taken decades to complete so I am glad to see it approaching completion. Would be interested to see other opinions on this. Jay
Agree it would be tremendously more useful if it basically acted as a more efficient version of the Post Rd (running parallel to it already anyway), extending into the east and west sides, rather than having abrupt end points at the station and the Post Rd.

Old 10-31-2017, 05:06 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Metro Green sees brisk demand for new apartments - StamfordAdvocate

Old 11-01-2017, 08:16 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
I was going to post this article too. There had been some question here on whether all of the new apartments being built in Stamford are being occupied. These certainly are. I believe others are as well based on other articles posted here. Jay

Old 11-01-2017, 09:11 AM

328 posts, read 425,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I was going to post this article too. There had been some question here on whether all of the new apartments being built in Stamford are being occupied. These certainly are. I believe others are as well based on other articles posted here. Jay
Agree that the numbers seem real. The Advocate, no fan of BLT in the past, would never be considered a vehicle for its hype ,,, or that of any other developer. So this story enjoys a lot of credibility in my mind.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:00 PM

59 posts, read 72,969 times
I see they are putting in new sidewalks on Southfield Avenue by Boccuzzi Park. I know they were going to repave this year based on this article - and they have already done the drains. Anyone have more info on this? Any updates on the roundabout they were going to put in by Pulaski Bridge or what’s replacing the houses they demolished there? Looks like just grass so far. There was also talk of making a left turn only lane instead of right on Southfield at Selleck but the city has to obtain some additional property - wondering if that happened.

Stamford road paving goes into overdrive - StamfordAdvocate

Also - anyone have info on the traffic light synchronization project? I can see the cameras at every intersection but it seems they lost steam on that initiative before the payoff.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:13 AM

222 posts, read 348,431 times
Did anyone see GE moving from Stamford to Norwalk? It seems like Stamford may need to move away from the Sprawling complexes they have along Long/High Ridge Rd....Merrit 7 buildings in Norwalk seem to be snatching up so many businesses from Stamford. Merritt 7 are VERY VERY nice buildings that Stamford has to compete with. They are building alot of housing along that corridor. Should be interesting to see what they do with those sprawling corporate parks.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:16 AM

222 posts, read 348,431 times
GE Capital to exit Stamford, consolidate in Norwalk - StamfordAdvocate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut