Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 01:48 PM

14,053 posts, read 13,926,968 times

Advertisements

Vacant lot on Stamford west side is going be new home for CVS

CVS construction underway on Stamford
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 02:54 PM

830 posts, read 1,092,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Vacant lot on Stamford west side is going be new home for CVS

CVS construction underway on Stamford
Wow a 9th CVS for Stamford... but first in the West side.

Also somehow I missed this in the past: "Stamford’s zoning board approved the Home Depot project in 2015. As a condition of its support, the board directed West Side Development to contribute $500,000 to improve the intersection of West Main Street and West Avenue. Those upgrades would widen the roadway to support turning and passing lanes, Wise said."
That would go a LONG way in improving East-West access on the Post Rd in Stamford, I hope that this is still happening.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:58 PM

830 posts, read 1,092,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTbrooktrout View Post
The thing with Southfield ave is you have that big industrial business along the water that makes you feel like you're living next to something very toxic. Same thing with the trash business across from Fairway.

Does anyone know if BLT will just buy those properties out? IMO those 2 are really preventing the area from getting to the next level, at least the waterfront stretches.
Believe a lot of those sites are all owned by O&G which ironically provides the construction materials for a lot of these developments.
O&G: Our Locations

Old 11-29-2017, 05:29 PM

14,053 posts, read 13,926,968 times
Norwalk, Stamford, Bridgeport, Milford are seeing new apartments pop up. They are begin rent out at fast rate.

Property Rounds: Apartments in region diversify tenant base - StamfordAdvocate

Old 11-29-2017, 07:43 PM

10,072 posts, read 14,947,742 times
Many people seem surprised that Stamford can support so many CVS stores.

A market can support certain square feet of X type of business. Whether the demand for such square footage is attended by one company, by mostly one company, by two equally present companies or by many smaller companies is irrelevant for the survivability of the pharmacy business.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:37 PM

222 posts, read 348,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Stamford housing stock is still growing no signs of slowing down

Stamford apartment construction maintains brisk pace - StamfordAdvocate
Housing is going up VERY FAST and people keep moving in. Problem will be about the Infrastructure. Can the Infrastructure handle the influx of people?

Interesting they say this building at Atlantic Station is 280 feet....but Emporis says it's 315 feet.....is that the official height 290 feet? If so, i'm disappointed, i would have thought it Stamford would put up something (beside Trump Parc) that would be at minimum 300 feet. It's time for a new building to be second tallest.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:45 PM

10,072 posts, read 14,947,742 times
I wouldn't put too much importance on whatever is stated at Emporis.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:51 PM

222 posts, read 348,213 times
We know people are coming into Stamford, what are some things that other Cities have that Stamfordf doesn't (Besides warmer weather, more Land Area)? What can liven Stamford up even more?

I really think Stamford needs a place like Dave & Busters. Arcades, miniature Golf etc...Stamford has Restaraunts, some nightlife, but I believe live entertainment is still something Stamford can work on. I understand keeping most attractions in the Downtown, but i really don't know where they can build or put anything else Downtown. Only thing I see left, would be to remove all those Multi Family homes that house doctor offices (Bedford St, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th streets)

Old 11-30-2017, 07:17 AM

21,737 posts, read 28,065,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut203 View Post
We know people are coming into Stamford, what are some things that other Cities have that Stamfordf doesn't (Besides warmer weather, more Land Area)? What can liven Stamford up even more?

I really think Stamford needs a place like Dave & Busters. Arcades, miniature Golf etc...Stamford has Restaraunts, some nightlife, but I believe live entertainment is still something Stamford can work on. I understand keeping most attractions in the Downtown, but i really don't know where they can build or put anything else Downtown. Only thing I see left, would be to remove all those Multi Family homes that house doctor offices (Bedford St, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th streets)
I’m surprised D&B is still popular. Seems so early 2000’s. But they’re opening one in Milford soon.

A Barcade would probably do well in Stamford. It’s killing in New Haven. Stamford doesn’t really have the quantity of “hip” bars like New Haven does, or even Norwalk. But it has the market. Look how busy Bartaco is.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:08 AM

5 posts, read 8,298 times
Nice summary of the planned projects in Stamford.

#21 I had wondered what was going in the vacant St John's tower.

Current Developments | City of Stamford Economic Development
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut