Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:31 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,875,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
I respect different opinions ....but not people who claim opinions as facts. Especially, when they are wrong!
I agree 100% with you on that point. When a poster presents something as being factual, but doesn't have first-hand knowledge on the issue, it is irritating to have to refute their unsubstantiated claims and try to compel them to give the full story.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/6313981-post31.html

Old 02-27-2009, 10:40 AM

756 posts, read 2,220,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nish2006 View Post
Glad to hear it. I assume you will then be responding to my query, based on your claim that Bunnell HS "has a lot of racial tension"? Some of my friends with kids there would love to hear more about this.

Interesting, we may share some friends....I have gotten to know a group of families through summer/fall travel sports that live in your neck of the woods. Although, they don't all live on the same street in Oronoque...I trust what they tell me, as well as having one close relative in Bunnell, and one that just graduated.

I don't have any more time today for this subject but I am sure you can google articles and yes, I am sure some will be from the CT Post. Maybe, SCR is right and they are sensationalizing this.

However, didn't the mayor receive special funding for the town to spend on easing racial tensions? Yes, I think he did over a year ago.

And two weeks ago there was a brawl between 3 girls, in front 250 people, that was sparked because of racial name calling....

Maybe I am wrong, hope so for the sake of the kids. I am happy to hear the problems have been solved.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:41 AM

200 posts, read 611,418 times
Quote:
I respect different opinions ....but not people who claim opinions as facts. Especially, when they are wrong!
You just claimed your opinion as fact. Pot, please meet kettle.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:43 AM

756 posts, read 2,220,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I agree 100% with you on that point. When a poster presents something as being factual, but doesn't have first-hand knowledge on the issue, it is irritating to have to refute their unsubstantiated claims and try to compel them to give the full story.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/6313981-post31.html
We have always loved these schools here! We were disappointed that the gifted program was cut. There was no 360 degree turn. I was clear that I didn't research the gifted progam. Also, claimed that I would not move from this school system because of it.

What exactly is your beef with me? This seems to be getting personal....

Old 02-27-2009, 10:53 AM

132 posts, read 331,750 times
Quote:
You may be right about missing part of the story. However, did the OP ever claim not to have called the police? I may have to go back and reread.....

As in many threads I have seen, here is a poster, hurting, looking for advice, scared and posters are attacking her. Its really sad to me and shows the nature of people on this forum. Could someone explain what is meant by "a hidden agenda?" Honestly, this is city-data - lets keep it in perspective.

Please show me where I said anything about calling (or not calling) the police.

With that said, if the OP took proper steps to ensure her son's safety as well as her own, she wouldn't feel the need to post her issue on a message board.

Going back to gangs, I can assure you that the type of gangs you suggest are present in CT's cities do not exist.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:02 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,043,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj_tanya View Post
It is really hard for me to write this, but I feel like it needs to be said.

I moved to Stratford with my sons a little over two years ago from Newark, NJ. I was offered a great job in CT and I felt like it was a great opportunity for us to get out of a deteriorating situation where we lived and still be close enough to get back to Jersey on the weekend to see family.

The second week of school for my oldest boy he was confronted by a gang known as the Bloods. At first I thought they were a bunch of wanna be gangstas but about a week later my nephew in Newark called me and told me that Bloods in Newark had been asking him about my son. They wanted to know if he had any gang affiliations and if he had beef with any of their people in Jersey!!!!! I couldn't believe it! We moved to CT to get away from this garbage. I have seen too many young lives cut short by gang violence in NJ. Since that time he told me that people in the bloods in Stratford have put a gun on him twice. I have raised my son to be a gentleman. He studies and plays sports. He is on his way to enter college and a good career, I am always worried about him here.

Stratford has had stabbings, rapes, and brawls in the high schools. I have learned that the hood is the hood, doesn't matter if it is Jersey or CT. There were so many shootings near my house this summer that were not reported by the media. My friend is a cop here and he told me this is by design because the local gov doesn't want bad press.

I just hope and pray that our young people will look to God and find healing and compasion for each other. Honestly, I think about moving back to Newark because at least there I have the support of my two sisters. The market is so bad that I'm stuck here.
I know how you feel, my parents and grand parents moved out of Philadelphia all together because of all the crime in Philly.

All I can say is that money sure helps in these situations because you can just move and it wont be an issue anymore... Trust me; people who have money and live in higher end neighborhoods don't even worry about this...

As far as the hole bloods and Crips; I use to live in L.A so I brushed up on the history to be on the safe side, and as far as I'm concerned, the only REAL Bloods and Crips are in Los Angeles Californa. All the rest are fraudulent spinoffs because it was popular and they are nothing more then degenerate people with nothing else better to do then to terrorize their own community.

This story never gets told but the real Crips and bloods from the early 80's on back are turning over in there graves because the initial concept of these gangs were actually to protect each other and the community.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:53 AM

527 posts, read 1,282,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post

As far as the hole bloods and Crips; I use to live in L.A so I brushed up on the history to be on the safe side, and as far as I'm concerned, the only REAL Bloods and Crips are in Los Angeles Californa. All the rest are fraudulent spinoffs because it was popular and they are nothing more then degenerate people with nothing else better to do then to terrorize their own community.
I used to live in Los Angeles too and I agree fully with your post. L.A/Chicago have the real gangs.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:56 AM

34,958 posts, read 57,016,055 times
Quote:
And two weeks ago there was a brawl between 3 girls, in front 250 people, that was sparked because of racial name calling....
And of course it must have been racially motivated since you can't just not like the person these days. Oops, I should not be adding to this. Jay

Old 02-27-2009, 12:12 PM

588 posts, read 1,873,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
And of course it must have been racially motivated since you can't just not like the person these days. Oops, I should not be adding to this. Jay

Old 02-27-2009, 12:41 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,581,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut