Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 03:36 PM

722 posts, read 1,983,900 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering how Stratford could be so offensive and suggest that there are no bad kids in Stratford. And I agree with u guys, there are a bunch of punk *ss kids around CT who dress up in red and blue but they have no influence from the west coast.

Maybe u just misunderstood Stratford and thought that it was something worse than it actually was. It shouldnt take more than x number of posts for people to be able to trust u. It was probably just a BB gun anyways. Maybe it looked like a real gun.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:46 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,875,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brasscitybluenwhite View Post
I'm just wondering how Stratford could be so offensive and suggest that there are no bad kids in Stratford.
When you find the post(s) where he proffered that there aren't any troubled kids in town, please post them. Reading comprehension brass, reading comprehension.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:54 PM

243 posts, read 774,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
Sorry, guess you told me... But you are wrong...There are gangs in our cities..give the Hartford, New Haven police a call....
Trust me, gangs in the Northeast are virtually non-exsistent. NYC has some, but not really. Mostly ethic gangs, such as MS-13 and things and that is really really rare up here. Bloods and Crips, like someone else mentioned. Chicago is where they started, LA is where they gained their name. Chicago is as has been the gang capital of the US for a long, long time since back during Prohibition and prob. before then. LA has a serious gang problem, but other then that cities like Bridgeport/Hartford are just neighborhood sets that claim they are gangs cause they wave a flag around. It's all nonsense and childish.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:37 AM

1,679 posts, read 3,019,307 times
Does stratford have nice property along the shoreline? Are there any beaches.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I'm still missing your answers to my earlier questions though.

Stratford, Ct. Resident Asks NJ TANYA:

Which school did this occur at?

When and at which schools did these unreported incidents occur?

What area are you in? Why did you not report these multiple shootings?

A "friend"? Without a name here, your statement above sounds pretty ridiculous. Does this "cop" have a name?
You're claiming that you feel your son's life is at risk here, yet you're still here? I wouldn't be capable of putting my faith in god's hands under these circumstances that you're describing.
Quote:
SCR asks Brasscitybluenwhite:
When you find the post(s) where he proffered that there aren't any troubled kids in town, please post them. Reading comprehension brass, reading comprehension.
I'm still awaiting your responses to my questions folks. Thanks In Advance, Brass and Tanya.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:42 AM

34,958 posts, read 57,016,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
Does stratford have nice property along the shoreline? Are there any beaches.
Yes, the Lordship area is very nice and there are some very nice beaches there. Jay

Old 02-28-2009, 01:22 PM

722 posts, read 1,983,900 times
Quote:
That's very noble of you.

Oh, right. Gotcha.

Very inspirational posting. I'm still missing your answers to my earlier questions though.

You're claiming that you feel your son's life is at risk here, yet you're still here? I wouldn't be capable of putting my faith in god's hands under these circumstances that you're describing.

Stratford, your clearly disputing the incident happened right? Ur implying that there arent children in Stratford that would threaten somebody if they didn't join their gang, right? Or are u just contradicting Tanya because u dont have anything else to do with ur time?

See, I'm a full time student and I'm sure Tanya is a full time mother. So we, like most people, do not have time to sit on city-data.com waiting for a reply to our thread. After all, we're here to answer questions to people moving to Connecticut; not to answer questions that Stratford, CT resident asks us. So, in the future, if u ask a question sarcastically to me, I'll have to have u do what u always do; sit on city-data.com, staring at the computer, waiting.

But to be fair, and bring up immaterial, there was one thread where u italicized all of my mispelled words. I then asked u what college u when to.

So,,,,answer the question, Stratford. I'll play ur game this time. What college did the ever benevolent stratford descend from?

Was it, the University of Language Arts at Stratford? Or maybe the Stratford Arrogant Institute, School of Judgemental Middle Class folk? I bet ur a distinguished alum.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasscitybluenwhite View Post
I'll play ur game this time. What college did the ever benevolent stratford descend from?

Was it, the University of Language Arts at Stratford? Or maybe the Stratford Arrogant Institute, School of Judgemental Middle Class folk? I bet ur a distinguished alum.
I'm not interested in playing your game. When you learn how to ask a question more tactfully, maybe i will.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:51 PM

8 posts, read 20,517 times
It pains me to say this but gangs are very much a reality in many urban communities on the east coast. The bloods have caused much violence and bloodshed in Newark. I have been to many funerals there. And wasn't it only a few years ago they arrested close to 100 bloods in the Soundview projects in the Bronx on murder and drug charges?

In Stratford I think they are jealous of my son because he is gifted both academically and athletically. I also think that since there is so much beef in Newark between the Bloods and other gangs they just assumed my son was involved somehow.

Like many of you at first I assumed these were just some boys trying to act hard. However, after I found out the Bloods in Stratford were in communication with the bloods in New Jersey I realized they were a much more real problem. The hood is the hood and these boys are not trying to play around. If I could leave I would, but nobody wants to buy our house. We are stuck here and we will make the best of it.

My friend who is a local cop is keeping an eye out for my sons. I also have the strength of my church to lean on. My church is in Bridgeport and they have provided so much support and love for my family. The people on this forum have only attacked me and my family. I pray for all or you. And I pray for the youth in this community.

We all need to show these young people that there is hope. These young men need positive male role models. May God bless you and keep you safe.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:23 AM

34,958 posts, read 57,016,055 times
nj tanya - I think if you reviewed all of the posts you will see that not "everyone" has attacked you. Some offered support, others just questioned your post. Please do not think that "everyone" is against you on this Board. That is not true. I wish you and your family the best. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut