Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2021, 12:17 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times

Advertisements

I was downtown earlier today and had time to take a few snapshots of some of the things happening in the WestSide.

Munkey Wrench now has a sign saying they're opening July 1 in their new space which is right next door to World Foods.

Across from World Foods, the new mixed-use building is taking shape. It's going to make quite a presence there on the WestSide. Does anyone know yet what businesses will be going in the ground floor?

A block north of there, a new women's clothing boutique has opened. Lexi Jade's is owned by a Tennessee Tech student from Jamestown. It's in a great location with Red Silo Brewery and Father Tom's Pub directly across the street (you can see their reflections in the windows).

Speaking of Father Tom's, they've finished their new garden and are just waiting for the new tables and chairs. This will make another wonderful outdoor dining option on the WestSide.

And on the subject of outdoor dining, progress is being made at Crawdaddy's patio which was destroyed by fire a couple of months ago. I hope they'll be able to reopen during the summer.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 01:45 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
And on the subject of outdoor dining, progress is being made at Crawdaddy's patio which was destroyed by fire a couple of months ago. I hope they'll be able to reopen during the summer.
I recently was told that they hoped for September.

Old 06-16-2021, 10:07 AM

A couple of signature events are returning to downtown Cookeville after taking the last year off because of covid. Wine on the WestSide, "Cookeville's 10th Annual Wine & Beer Festival," will take place August 14 in the historic WestSide/Depot area. Then, Fall FunFest, "Cookeville's 25th Annual Main Street Festival," will take place September 10-11 around the courthouse square on the east side of downtown.

Wine on the WestSide in 2019:

Fall FunFest highlights from 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdwzvpsvU4k

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-25-2021, 05:20 PM

A short video of TTU students enjoying the WestSide of downtown Cookeville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljRruNPnrVE

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 08-16-2021, 02:55 PM

Spring Street Supermarket downtown just announced today that it's closing. It's been a Cookeville institution for 60 years, the first self-serve supermarket between Nashville and Knoxville. I wonder if the building has been sold or something. The store always seemed busy so I can't imagine that they were losing money. A lot of people are very sad to hear this, me included. Next week will be their final week.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 08-17-2021 at 07:17 PM..

Old 08-17-2021, 02:36 AM

666 posts, read 762,298 times
Sad to see the last mom and pop supermarket in Cookeville close.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:15 AM

262 posts, read 522,986 times
Possibly something is planned for the Builders Supply property and Spring St Market property. They do adjoin and Builders has plans to move to Tenn Ave. soon.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:34 PM

303 posts, read 294,709 times
Drove down West Broad today. They are demolishing the old buildings where the Hilton Garden Inn was going to be. Any idea what they are finally going to do there? I had heard that the closure of Spring St Mkt and apparently Builders Supply right next to it were going to be a part of some new hotel/convention center.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:41 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,842 times
I saw that yesterday down W. Broad...looked like a bit of demolition had occurred only recently.

Old 09-24-2021, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justindb29 View Post
Drove down West Broad today. They are demolishing the old buildings where the Hilton Garden Inn was going to be. Any idea what they are finally going to do there? I had heard that the closure of Spring St Mkt and apparently Builders Supply right next to it were going to be a part of some new hotel/convention center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
I saw that yesterday down W. Broad...looked like a bit of demolition had occurred only recently.
I was downtown today and noticed the same thing. The timing of Spring Street Supermarket closing and Builders Supply moving to Tennessee Avenue is certainly suspicious. And then the UCBJ has an article about this property today. Apparently, the owner (Auxin) is razing the buildings to make it easier for a potential developer to develop it. I wonder if there's already a developer interested, and tearing down the existing buildings is part of the deal. If (and this could be a big if) this property and the Builders Supply property and the Spring Street Supermarket property are all going to be developed together, that would be a gigantic deal. There would be plenty of room for a hotel, conference center, retail, and housing, all of which are needed in downtown Cookeville.

Auxin began developing the property in 2015 and continues to be interested in the property being developed for a hotel, mixed-use property or for another use to enhance downtown Cookeville.

https://www.ucbjournal.com/changes-c...r-wilson-site/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville