Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2022, 05:12 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,842 times

Advertisements

Who remembers what is going on at Cedar between 37 Cedar and the new mixed use building? Where the parking and self-storage was...I say was because driving by today I saw the storage had been demolished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 06:02 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Who remembers what is going on at Cedar between 37 Cedar and the new mixed use building? Where the parking and self-storage was...I say was because driving by today I saw the storage had been demolished.
A city parking lot. Fortunately, they're going to commission the artist who did the original mural to do another one once the parking lot is finished. I wish it was something sexier than a parking lot, but we do need more parking in the West Side, and in this case I think a parking lot will look better than what it's replacing. On the bright side, I think they're going to make it so the parking lot behind the Leslie Town Centre will be connected to this parking lot (by foot) which will help the parking situation tremendously.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 02-02-2022 at 06:14 PM..

Old 03-01-2022, 12:38 PM

It looks like the Builders Supply property downtown is going to be redeveloped with residences. Aaron Bernhardt, who has built townhouses all over the city, has applied to have the property where Builders Supply sits as well as a vacant lot across Oak Ave rezoned to allow residences. It's about 6 acres. No plans have been submitted yet to the city. It'll be interesting to see what kind of residential development he has in mind. As expensive as those lots are, I wonder if we'll see some sort of mid-rise development instead of just more townhouses.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 03-01-2022 at 01:38 PM..

Old 03-16-2022, 05:39 AM

Vertical Coffee Company, formerly known as Broast, is going to expand across the street into space being renovated in the vintage building on the corner of Spring and Walnut that was originally built as a Pepsi bottling company back in the 1920s. Their new location will be larger and will have room for their roasting, a coffee and tea bar, more pastries, and an outdoor patio. There will also be space for a music and entertainment venue. The existing location will then become a drive-thru. They're hoping to make the transition in May.

https://newstalk941.com/vertical-cof...ion-expansion/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-16-2022, 07:52 AM

303 posts, read 294,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Vertical Coffee Company, formerly known as Broast, is going to expand across the street into space being renovated in the vintage building on the corner of Spring and Walnut that was originally built as a Pepsi bottling company back in the 1920s. Their new location will be larger and will have room for their roasting, a coffee and tea bar, more pastries, and an outdoor patio. There will also be space for a music and entertainment venue. The existing location will then become a drive-thru. They're hoping to make the transition in May.

https://newstalk941.com/vertical-cof...ion-expansion/

What happened to the original plan for this space? Wasn't there a younger couple that bought the space and was renovating it for something?

Old 03-16-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justindb29 View Post
What happened to the original plan for this space? Wasn't there a younger couple that bought the space and was renovating it for something?
They still are. Vertical is taking only part of the building. Not sure what the couple plans for the rest of the building. Last I heard was some sort of "event space" but I don't know if that has changed.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-23-2022, 10:38 AM

2 posts, read 1,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
They still are. Vertical is taking only part of the building. Not sure what the couple plans for the rest of the building. Last I heard was some sort of "event space" but I don't know if that has changed.
Are there plans for the "Broast Building"? I know the Pizza Machine is parked there a lot, wasn't sure if there was a plan for that building.

Old 03-23-2022, 12:01 PM

730 posts, read 814,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNesters0203 View Post
Are there plans for the "Broast Building"? I know the Pizza Machine is parked there a lot, wasn't sure if there was a plan for that building.
From what I understand, they're going to keep that building and turn it into a drive-thru.

Old 03-25-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNesters0203 View Post
There's an article in today's Herald-Citizen about that. Here's an excerpt:

[Co-owner] Hannah [Davis] said they do plan to keep their current coffee shop across the street and may eventually add a drive-through there.

"We did car hop through the pandemic, and it was very well-received," Hannah said. "We've talked about that model but also looking at a drive-through over there. One or the other will happen. It's absolutely possible."

https://herald-citizen.com/stories/v...&cb=1648220432

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-29-2022, 02:41 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,842 times
The Cookeville Planning Commission recommended the approval of the rezoning of this property between Spring and Depot streets from local commercial to central business district.

https://herald-citizen.com/stories/o...elopment,57682

Last edited by JMT; 03-29-2022 at 03:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville