Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 11:55 AM

56 posts, read 63,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Buck View Post
That's just ignorant. I can't tell you the number of people I know who grew up and acted just like this kid YET they changed their lives around....

Your comment is awful and needs to be reevaluated. Better yet, how about you try to understand what these kids come from? Nah you wont...
It starts one block at a time. But the people who live on those blocks are going to have to step up, get involved instead of whining about their sorry lot in life. The neighborhood is going to have to come together with a common goal: take back its own streets and reform its youth. Schools can't do it, the government certainly won't and the local church? Well, who does that anymore? Sometimes the preacher can be more of a rabble-rouser than the local gang members. However, it CAN be done; I've seen communities rise to the occasion and start building useful lives instead of burning them down.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:55 AM

21,830 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
Why you token negro you. IT DID NOT TAKE ALL OF THOSE SHOTS TO GET A MAN'S ATTENTION AND IT CERTAINLY DID NOT WARRANT HIS DEATH. I don't give a **** if he was 10 feet tall and 1,000 pounds.
The point wasn't to get his attention. The point was to to stop him from charging. It absolutely warranted his death. If you read Officer Wilson's testimony, it actually talks about the moment when it was clear that there was no longer a threat. Unfortunately, by that point Brown was already fatally wounded.

Last edited by Malloric; 11-25-2014 at 12:04 PM..

Old 11-25-2014, 11:56 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Are you trying to be a smart ass? Anyone with a piece of brain knows this whole ordeal regarding getting justice for Mike Brown was NEVER going to happen. All of those goverment officials were all in cahoots to get that officer off come hell or high water. The whole process was flawed.
The whole process is flawed to some people. It looks to me like they had an ongoing investigation for a few months, taking their time to get it right. Three separate autopsy reports. Dozens of witness accounts. They came to the correct conclusion. Just not the conclusion that you or half the blacks in Ferguson wanted. They, like you, want revenge, not justice. That is sad.

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Why you token negro you. IT DID NOT TAKE ALL OF THOSE SHOTS TO GET A MAN'S ATTENTION AND IT CERTAINLY DID NOT WARRANT HIS DEATH. I don't give a **** if he was 10 feet tall and 1,000 pounds.
Look what you just did. You basically called this person an Uncle Tom because she doesn't agree with you.

That's the kind of attitude that keeps people down. You go ahead and be pissed off at something that has nothing to do with you. Just because you share a skin color with Mike Brown doesn't make his problems your problems.

1,596 posts, read 2,057,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csiko View Post
Did you miss the part where the first several shots were at his hands/arms and that wasn't enough to bring the kid down or make him stop?

Only the last couple were to his head, and they were after several shots and a pause or two. It seems that Wilson decided to try non-lethal force first (after already getting attacked and fighting for the weapon in his vehicle, which shows an incredible amount of restraint), and gradually upped the scale of lethality until Brown stopped.

This type of information is too inconvenient for people. An inconvenient truth.

241 posts, read 189,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
What a lousy thanksgiving gift for the people of ferguson. I hope they all have their grocery shopping done for T-day because I would not want to be trying to run to the store for a forgotten can of cranberry sauce once that verdict is read.
Uh, grand juries do not read "verdicts". This was an announcement. Way to expose your complete lack of intelligence in front of everybody.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:57 AM

720 posts, read 705,098 times
Quote:
Are you trying to be a smart ass? Anyone with a piece of brain knows this whole ordeal regarding getting justice for Mike Brown was NEVER going to happen. All of those goverment officials were all in cahoots to get that officer off come hell or high water. The whole process was flawed.
"All the government officials in cahoots?" The fact that Obama and His attorney General, Eric Holder sided with a most likely would be cop killer didn't change the outcome of what private citizens decide was the truth, so your argument has no creditability ....

Old 11-25-2014, 11:57 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,057,445 times
Ok, thanks to the ignore option, I don't have to deal with Personal Attacks from an unhinged person.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:59 AM

607 posts, read 760,662 times
Default No more Ferguson posts, please....

The Surgeon General has determined that too many posts about Ferguson are hazardous to your health, not to mention a little boring

He recommends that people, as an alternative, talk about who will win Dancing with the Stars next week

Thank you.....

Old 11-25-2014, 12:03 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Forget the past I'm pissed about the PRESENT along with millions of other people doesn't matter if black, white, green, yellow, red, etc. As far as being taught to fear black men, oh really there not then why is the reaction to blacks almost always different as to whites. Again yall stupid ass people think just because Jim Crow died per se then the Jim Crow mentality died as well. Weren't you ever taught that the past affects the present. Have you ever heard you reap what you sow? NO NO NO its still here to this day. We don't have to go off the past we can just go off the present. FACT
Have you experienced some sort of racism that makes you feel this way? Turned down for a job or housing because of your skin color? Beaten up by a bunch of rednecks? What? Where does this come from? I am genuinely interested in hearing your story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events